Pre-Trip Back to Disney World...sooner than I thought!

Howdy folks! I'm excited to announce that I'm going back to Disney World!! My last trip was May 2017 which was my honeymoon! Here is the trip report for anyone interested in looking back!

Let me share this whole new world with you!

A quick introduction:

Heather and Josh (DH) on our honeymoon!

IMG_6957.JPG

Our honeymoon was DH first trip to the World and while he had a great time, he declared that we wouldn't be back for another 4 years or so!
I, on the other hand, let that go through one Minnie ear and out the next!

DH and I have a little boy that we left behind when we went on our honeymoon. This was him waving goodbye to us as we took off for Orlando!
IMG_6956.JPG

(Cameron or "Cam", now 4 1/2 years old)

So just backtracking a little, I have been throwing Disney is this boy's face since he came out of the womb! He's now obsessed. He constantly wants to watch vlogs on youtube or ride videos and claims he's going to ride this or that ride and that he will sit with me on this ride, but his Daddy on the other ride. Here are just a few snapshots over the years!
IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6952.JPG

They grow up so fast!

Naturally, my dream is to bring my boy to Disney World. And I want to bring him when he's young enough to still experience that child-like magic. Well, since returning from our honeymoon I have heard my DH speak about our trip with great enthusiasm on many occasions and in great length, too! We were watching Disney Jr. one night and a commercial comes on for Disney World and Cam says how much he really, really wants to go to DW and looks over at his Daddy with the saddest eyes and frown you've ever seen. DH looks at me and says you put him up to this, didn't you?? Whoooo??? MEEE?? :eek:
It was then that I heard the magic words....the words that I was told would not happen for years and years to come....I even made him repeat those said words....BOOK THE TRIP!!!!! :inlove:

Next: Trip Details

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Sooooo here we go!!

Who is going?? Here we are again!
Myself, Heather and my DH, Josh
IMG_6958.JPG

Our son, Cameron (4 1/2)
IMG_6953.JPG

Where?
We decided to go budget friendly and stay at Pop!
img_1099.jpg

However, I am throwing around the idea of upgrading to Riverside...hmmm decisions, decisions....

When?
Saturday, November 24th-Sunday, December 2nd
Christmas time!!!! Like Disney, Cameron and I are both Christmas obsessed as well!
IMG_6926.JPG

Ho, Ho, Ho in our freak snow in South Louisiana!

Next: Planning

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
As far as planning goes, what you see here is about as far as I've gotten!! We will have park hopper passes, memory maker and the Dining Plan. I did not want to the do the Dining Plan, but DH insisted. I guess it goes back to when we were on our honeymoon he was having complete sticker shock so the idea of it being prepaid appeals to him, however, our son is an EXTREMELY picky eater and I just don't think we will get our money worth, but hey if it makes my DH happy to go on another trip then I'm game!

Another thing, besides being a picky eater he's very limited on the things he can eat due to extreme acid reflux. The doctor has him on a low acid diet and this has helped tremendously, but his triggers are chocolate, fried food, fatty food, juice, acidic fruit, spicy food or red sauce/tomato products. Plus a nut allergy! It has been such a headache, but he doesn't get sick like he used to, but with his pickiness combined with his diet, he literally lives on sandwiches! So do you catch my drift here? I have been scouring menus to see where we will be able to eat that will have something for him. He does eat a variety of breakfast foods, so I'm thinking a few table service breakfasts will be a must, but would like to try some other places as well!

If anyone has any suggestions they'd like to throw out, I would love to have them! And suggestions that do not have to do with food will be great as well. I've never had to plan a trip based around a kiddo before!

97 days til ADR day!

gobstoper27

Howdy folks! I'm excited to announce that I'm going back to Disney World!! My last trip was May 2017 which was my honeymoon! Here is the trip report for anyone interested in looking back!

Let me share this whole new world with you!

A quick introduction:

Heather and Josh (DH) on our honeymoon!

View attachment 265588

Our honeymoon was DH first trip to the World and while he had a great time, he declared that we wouldn't be back for another 4 years or so!
I, on the other hand, let that go through one Minnie ear and out the next!

DH and I have a little boy that we left behind when we went on our honeymoon. This was him waving goodbye to us as we took off for Orlando!
View attachment 265589
(Cameron or "Cam", now 4 1/2 years old)

So just backtracking a little, I have been throwing Disney is this boy's face since he came out of the womb! He's now obsessed. He constantly wants to watch vlogs on youtube or ride videos and claims he's going to ride this or that ride and that he will sit with me on this ride, but his Daddy on the other ride. Here are just a few snapshots over the years!
View attachment 265590
View attachment 265591
View attachment 265592
View attachment 265594
View attachment 265595
They grow up so fast!

Naturally, my dream is to bring my boy to Disney World. And I want to bring him when he's young enough to still experience that child-like magic. Well, since returning from our honeymoon I have heard my DH speak about our trip with great enthusiasm on many occasions and in great length, too! We were watching Disney Jr. one night and a commercial comes on for Disney World and Cam says how much he really, really wants to go to DW and looks over at his Daddy with the saddest eyes and frown you've ever seen. DH looks at me and says you put him up to this, didn't you?? Whoooo??? MEEE?? :eek:
It was then that I heard the magic words....the words that I was told would not happen for years and years to come....I even made him repeat those said words....BOOK THE TRIP!!!!! :inlove:

Next: Trip Details
Yay, I loved your first TR and can't wait for this one. That lil guy is such a cutie!! I "heart" the picture when he was a little squishy baby!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Great news that you can take Cam to WDW for the first time !!!

You picked a great time of year if it is after your Thanksgiving ( our Canadian one is In October so I am never quite sure when you celebrate)

If you are going during thanksgiving just be prepped for bigger than usual crowds

Have fun planning
I will follow you to the end ( and then I will follow you when you type the TR!!)

By the way if Cam is a Cars fan you set this up perfect!

WDW when he is five and then a DLR trip to Cali when he is 6/7 to see Carsland

( don’t tell Josh it was my idea)

Max

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Great news that you can take Cam to WDW for the first time !!!

You picked a great time of year if it is after your Thanksgiving ( our Canadian one is In October so I am never quite sure when you celebrate)

If you are going during thanksgiving just be prepped for bigger than usual crowds

Have fun planning
I will follow you to the end ( and then I will follow you when you type the TR!!)

By the way if Cam is a Cars fan you set this up perfect!

WDW when he is five and then a DLR trip to Cali when he is 6/7 to see Carsland

( don’t tell Josh it was my idea)

Max

I'm so excited! Yes, we will be heading there the Saturday after Thanksgiving Day.
Cameron definitely loves Cars! Josh really wants to do a cruise next though and I'm def not arguing with him there!

Thanks for following!

amjt660

Premium Member
Sounds like a hreat
I'm so excited! Yes, we will be heading there the Saturday after Thanksgiving Day.
Cameron definitely loves Cars! Josh really wants to do a cruise next though and I'm def not arguing with him there!

Thanks for following!
Sounds like a plan
Just keep Cali in mind
Carsland is to little ( and not so little boys!) what princesses are to the little girls
He would be in heaven

Max

Disvillain63

Be sure to let WDW and the chefs at each restaurant know that Cam as reflux and what the triggers are...they can help.

With him being 4 1/2 years old, he'll love Pop, you can save Riverside for the next trip. Plus it is an easy walk to Art of Animation.

You mentioned a cruise next. My 5 year old GS just got back from his first Disney cruise and he's ready for another one. He loved it.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Be sure to let WDW and the chefs at each restaurant know that Cam as reflux and what the triggers are...they can help.

With him being 4 1/2 years old, he'll love Pop, you can save Riverside for the next trip. Plus it is an easy walk to Art of Animation.

You mentioned a cruise next. My 5 year old GS just got back from his first Disney cruise and he's ready for another one. He loved it.

You are probably right about Pop! I love the new rooms as well.

We will be going on a cruise with my best friend, her husband and daughter, and they've cruised before, so we are really looking forward to it. I know it will be a blast!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Happy Friday!!!

It's been a long week and I'm so happy for the weekend! We are having beautiful weather down here as well!
Anyhow, I wanted to touch base as there have been some changes since my last update! My parents have a timeshare near Disney and they have decided to join us on the trip and they will be bringing my 5 year old niece, Maci. Maci and Cam are pretty much inseparable so it should be super fun for the both of them to experience Disney for the first time together! We will be flying to Orlando on Saturday, November 24th, however my parents are choosing to drive. They will not arrive until Monday.

I tried to convince them to stay on property, but they can stay at the timeshare for pretty much nothing, so they wouldn't budge. Obviously, I will be making their fast passes 30 days out instead of the 60 that I'll be making ours, so that will be interesting to see how that pans out, but we don't have to be together every waking minute. I also don't think we will be dining together each meal. I just told my mom that I'll make the list of our plans and then they can let me know which meals they would like to join us for.

Speaking of dining...I have been scouring menus and pretty much have my rough draft together. I wanted to share it with you all to hopefully get some feedback. It sucks that my child will (or can) basically only eat turkey sandwich, grilled cheese or pizza (with no sauce). DH and I have been making it our mission to get him to try and like mac and cheese because just about every restaurant offers this. Due to his diet, he can't eat chicken nuggets or fries. :banghead: He will NOT try it. He touches it with his tongue and says it taste rotten. LOL!

So here is my list (we are on the dining plan). I am choosing to do breakfast for the buffets b/c that gives Cam a bigger variety of food to eat. He loves breakfast food. Feel free to give me some feedback on any you'd drop or any you'd add!

1. Via Napoli (paying OOP)
2. Garden Grill (breakfast)
3. Mama Melrose
4. Ohana
5. Grand Floridian Cafe (Lunch)
6. Tusker House (breakfast)
7. Whispering Canyon Cafe (This is one I'm still going back and forth on)
8. T-Rex (DS LOVES dinosaurs)
9. Kona (breakfast before flying home)

I'll close out with a couple Flashback Friday photos that I found at my parent's house the other day. These were from my first trip down to Disney World. I believe I was around 7 years old, hence the quality not being the best! I actually look kind of miserable, LOL!

IMG_7040.JPG
IMG_7042.JPG

66 days until ADR day!

This sounds like such a fun trip!! I was lucky enough to get to bring my nephew to Disneyland for his first visit, and watching a child experience their first time in the parks is truly such an incredible thing. I am so excited for you to get to share this with your son!! Looking forward to following along with your adventure :) Also, the picture of him in the Donald Duck outfit just about killed me. So adorable!!!

lostpro9het

Happy Friday!!!
1. Via Napoli (paying OOP)

2. Garden Grill (breakfast)
3. Mama Melrose
4. Ohana
5. Grand Floridian Cafe (Lunch)
6. Tusker House (breakfast)
7. Whispering Canyon Cafe (This is one I'm still going back and forth on)
8. T-Rex (DS LOVES dinosaurs)
9. Kona (breakfast before flying home)
I highly recommend you consider swapping one of these out for Il Mulino and treat yo self! FWIW, IM is not on the DDP.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
This sounds like such a fun trip!! I was lucky enough to get to bring my nephew to Disneyland for his first visit, and watching a child experience their first time in the parks is truly such an incredible thing. I am so excited for you to get to share this with your son!! Looking forward to following along with your adventure :) Also, the picture of him in the Donald Duck outfit just about killed me. So adorable!!!

Thank you so much! We are SO excited! He wants to watch videos on youtube all the time and his face lights up even watching those.

Yes, this is still my favorite costume he's ever worn!! My husband fought me on it, but he ended up loving it. Everyone gushed over him. The funniest part was that he had JUST started walking so he wobbled like a duck! It had a tail on the back too. :joyfull:
360.JPG

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
As far as planning goes, what you see here is about as far as I've gotten!! We will have park hopper passes, memory maker and the Dining Plan. I did not want to the do the Dining Plan, but DH insisted. I guess it goes back to when we were on our honeymoon he was having complete sticker shock so the idea of it being prepaid appeals to him, however, our son is an EXTREMELY picky eater and I just don't think we will get our money worth, but hey if it makes my DH happy to go on another trip then I'm game!

Another thing, besides being a picky eater he's very limited on the things he can eat due to extreme acid reflux. The doctor has him on a low acid diet and this has helped tremendously, but his triggers are chocolate, fried food, fatty food, juice, acidic fruit, spicy food or red sauce/tomato products. Plus a nut allergy! It has been such a headache, but he doesn't get sick like he used to, but with his pickiness combined with his diet, he literally lives on sandwiches! So do you catch my drift here? I have been scouring menus to see where we will be able to eat that will have something for him. He does eat a variety of breakfast foods, so I'm thinking a few table service breakfasts will be a must, but would like to try some other places as well!

If anyone has any suggestions they'd like to throw out, I would love to have them! And suggestions that do not have to do with food will be great as well. I've never had to plan a trip based around a kiddo before!

97 days til ADR day!

I learned a long time ago that a hundred dollars or two are well worth a happy husband on vacation!

This is going to be so fun! Cannot wait to hear how everything works out with you guys being on property and your parents being off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom