Back problems at the World

barnum42

popsicletrees said:
he wasn't too happy being there in the middle of a heatwave with no airconditioning.
There is not a huge amount of air conditioning over here as it's not often this hot. I too was in a hotel a couple of weeks ago which was baking. They have announce that this July had the hottest average temperature since records began!

Astronaut Jones

I don't know if these were mentioned yet, but I'd also recommend he be careful on Primeviel Whirl and Dinosaur. Primeviel Whirl you can see because it's all outside so you can decide when you see it. Dinosaur, on the other hand is by no means a rollercoaster but it can get surprisingly rough and fling its passerengers around a good bit.

joshwill

stay off expedition everest. i have back pain from work which really only bothers me when i wake up in the morning. however, i felt pain twice on EE, both times when the train comes to a jerking stop on the hills just before it catches the lift chain.

didnt last long, but it was a sharp jerk and the seat backs are not tall enough to provide much support.

same goes for big thundar mountain.

Dukeblue1016

Well, I'm only 21 so I know what you're thinking... but I've had a bad back for no lie, 8 or 9 years now. Basically destroyed it one morning have batting practice at 7 a.m. without stretching or anything... about 4 years ago I got all these tests done and they found I had Spondylolysis; aka pars defect; aka stress fracture in the lower back which causes your discs and vertebretes to be unbalanced and such. My back is still in really really rough shape... can't play sports without having to take a break to rest it/stretch it out... cannot run on a hard surface for an extended period of time (I used to run like 4 miles a day... now i can't eve finish a mile)... but the one thing that has never bothered it has been rides... not any rides... the only ride that somewhat does actually is dinosaur... since its jerking you around and such... I've never had a problem with rollercoasters though... just my 2 cents

barnum42

Dukeblue1016 said:
Well, I'm only 21 so I know what you're thinking... but I've had a bad back for no lie, 8 or 9 years now. Basically destroyed it one morning have batting practice at 7 a.m. without stretching or anything... about 4 years ago I got all these tests done and they found I had Spondylolysis; aka pars defect; aka stress fracture in the lower back which causes your discs and vertebretes to be unbalanced and such. My back is still in really really rough shape... can't play sports without having to take a break to rest it/stretch it out... cannot run on a hard surface for an extended period of time (I used to run like 4 miles a day... now i can't eve finish a mile)... but the one thing that has never bothered it has been rides... not any rides... the only ride that somewhat does actually is dinosaur... since its jerking you around and such... I've never had a problem with rollercoasters though... just my 2 cents
Proof that there can not be one all-encompassing statement of what one can and can not do in the parks. It has to be dependant on the individual's circumstances.

Dukeblue1016

barnum42 said:
Proof that there can not be one all-encompassing statement of what one can and can not do in the parks. It has to be dependant on the individual's circumstances.

well yeah exactly... the point i was TRYING to get to... but I'm at work and trying to be stealth online so I never pointed that out. Thanks UK Joe!

barnum42

Dukeblue1016 said:
well yeah exactly... the point i was TRYING to get to... but I'm at work and trying to be stealth online so I never pointed that out. Thanks UK Joe!
:lol: I was in stealth mode as I wrote it as a support statement to your post USA Joe :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom