Back Pack as Diaper Bag

dadddio

Because you put the poopy cloth diapers back in the pack and we smell them waiting in line? Or do you dispose of poopy Pampers everywhere and thanks for destroying the environment with them.
We used disposables. Prior to making this choice, I looked into the environmental issue. It turns out that the so called study that found that it would take forever+1 for disposable diapers to break down was flawed in two ways. Basically, the study assumed the the diaper was dry and that no environmental factors were present to assist in the breaking down of the diaper. So basically, if you leave the box on a shelf in your closet, it will take forever for it to decompose. A used diaper in a landfill, on the other hand, breaks down pretty quickly. These aren't made out of unobtainium, after all.

Of course, none of this matters since the environmental damage is the same regardless of whether the child is in WDW or Peoria.

I'll let one of the cloth diaper users discuss your concern about stinky diapers in backpacks. Something tells me that they all have a process that is very effective in keeping the odor at bay. I suspect that a ziplock bag is involved.
Besides, why does it take that long to potty train kids these days? Back in the 50s when Disneyland opened it didn't take long at all.
Why does it matter to you how long it takes to potty train? Are you just trolling?

I would use a backpack
Backpacks are absolutely the way to go! I've used one twice as a diaper bag now and am going to be using it again when I go with my five month old this month. I formula feed, so I will keep clean bottles, premeasured formula containers, a couple water bottles, bibs, burp cloth and an outfit change in it. I always keep it with me, so it's nice to wear it in lines for attractions and then clip it to the stroller on a mommy hook when we're on the move. Mine is not a name brand bag, but it's sturdy, washable and has a bunch of pockets.

I use disposables and have never had to throw a poopy diaper into my bag at disney. But I keep a small wetbag just in case I ever do. The idea that parents shouldn't bring their children to disney until they are all potty trained is ludicrous.

BobConnor

Backpacks are absolutely the way to go! I've used one twice as a diaper bag now and am going to be using it again when I go with my five month old this month. I formula feed, so I will keep clean bottles, premeasured formula containers, a couple water bottles, bibs, burp cloth and an outfit change in it. I always keep it with me, so it's nice to wear it in lines for attractions and then clip it to the stroller on a mommy hook when we're on the move. Mine is not a name brand bag, but it's sturdy, washable and has a bunch of pockets.

I use disposables and have never had to throw a poopy diaper into my bag at disney. But I keep a small wetbag just in case I ever do. The idea that parents shouldn't bring their children to disney until they are all potty trained is ludicrous.

Boy that sounds like a backpack full of fun!

Why does it matter to you how long it takes to potty train? Are you just trolling?

Because I don't want to pay $100 park admission and smell a poopy Pampers? It would help if you could train the kids before they are like, 5, too. Earth would thank you too without all those Pampers in the landfills.

DisneyFreak23

Backpacks are the best! Easy to carry: Sunscreen, water, baby wipes, Fruit snacks, towel, granola bars, camera, bandaids, Motrin, etc....

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
Because you put the poopy cloth diapers back in the pack and we smell them waiting in line? Or do you dispose of poopy Pampers everywhere and thanks for destroying the environment with them. Besides, why does it take that long to potty train kids these days? Back in the 50s when Disneyland opened it didn't take long at all.
What the **** is wrong with you? Why are you in this thread? You have nothing but negativity to offer on a subject that is very common and has to do with a family park.

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone who has had positive and relatable content to add to this thread.

For anyone who is wondering, I scoured eBay for several different types of bags, North Face in particular. I couldn't manage to get my hands on a decent-priced used/new one and saw a back-to-school sale on Amazon, and purchased a High Sierra bag for $23 that had some pretty good reviews. I got it in the mail yesterday and it's going to be perfect for the parks and our 2 week vacation. And guess what? If my kid poops - there might be poop in my bag! That's OK though; my kids crap pixie dust.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Because you put the poopy cloth diapers back in the pack and we smell them waiting in line? Or do you dispose of poopy Pampers everywhere and thanks for destroying the environment with them. Besides, why does it take that long to potty train kids these days? Back in the 50s when Disneyland opened it didn't take long at all.

o_O

Txrayado

I got a new backpack a few months ago to prepare for taking my lil padawan (almost 3) in December. I got the Rebel Logo backpack from Bioworld. This thing is HUGE. Like 27 pockets. We are in the craziness of potty training so I end up carrying not only the normal thing but also a potty seat. Even with the potty seat, diapers, extra cloths, ect. It still had room for my DSLR. It's padded like crazy so no worriers there. It's normally $60 but if your patient Amazon normally has them as low as $35

BobConnor

Just when I thought I heard everything there's always something new. I never heard of parents bringing potty chairs along, but I guess you got that idea from Jon and Kate. I just hope I don't have to wait in line behind a back pack with a full potty chair!

Txrayado

Ha! It's not a full on seat. It's something you put on the toilet to make it their size. That way they don't fall in and you don't have to hold them. It also makes them more comfortable using the public bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom