Back and forth, MK and Contemporary

ilovelabs2021

Has anyone ever gone to MK for opening and walked over to the Contemporary for a meal and then gone back to the park? We would like to fit in Chef Mickey's, but I don't want to take up the morning when there are no fastpasses for rides, so I am thinking of a later reservation (11:45) so we can get some rides in while the lines aren't bad.

Solution
When leaving MK on the resort monorail, CR is the first stop. You could leave MK via the monorail, have a great time at Chef Mickey's, and return to MK on the walking path. I also like taking advantage of the morning park hours and think you have a great plan.
I wonder if it would take longer by monorail than walking? It is fun to pull into the Contemporary on the monorail, though.

When we stayed at BLT we walked to MK and back several times. It's only half a mile.

JIMINYCR

Yes we have exactly for the reason youve stated. Thats the convenience of the nearby resort. The walk isnt too far and is enjoyable. I like catching the sight of the Monorail as it passes by above us. We have enjoyed MK for a while, then gone over to the Wave for a brunch, then returned to MK. Weve also done MK the entire day then walked over and dined at California Grill in the evenings and watched the fireworks at night. While youre there take the time to enjoy the shops in the Contemp which have some different items not found elsewhere.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I was staying at Bay Lake and wanted to see the train station rope drop show. So I walked over to MK just to watch and then went back to Bay Lake for breakfast - the family were all still in bed lol!

The only problem with the plan was that having got myself centrally placed to watch, there was no way I was going to be able to get back through the lines to the Contemporary walkway, so I went the other way to the monorail instead. 😁

But yes, book for a late breakfast and make it brunch instead.

Upvote 0
When leaving MK on the resort monorail, CR is the first stop. You could leave MK via the monorail, have a great time at Chef Mickey's, and return to MK on the walking path. I also like taking advantage of the morning park hours and think you have a great plan.

Upvote 0

macefamily

When our daughter was working in the college program she was a lifeguard at the Contemporary Resort. Every time we visited we would use her employee badge to park at the resort. It was a nice walk except for the one hot fall day when a huge black snake was slithering alongside the sidewalk. Not sure what kind it was or if it was poisonous.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

I wonder if it would take longer by monorail than walking? It is fun to pull into the Contemporary on the monorail, though.

When we stayed at BLT we walked to MK and back several times. It's only half a mile.

Upvote 0
Solution

You are most likely right about the monorail taking longer. You might time it just right or the opposite could be true. I'm always eager to get to RD in the morning and I am happily heading down the path. But I am not getting any younger. By the time I leave MK, my feet magically head over to the monorail.:)

Upvote 0

Rbenz81

Yep! I did this in October. Hit MK first thing and had lunch at the Wave at 12:30. I took the monorail over and walked back. I also have walked over to the Contempoary before to watch fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck as well. Super easy and is a nice break from being in the park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom