Baby Jogger Mini City or Maclaren Quest Sport

8laurach

Original Poster
We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who does not sleep in her stroller. We are planning a November week long trip to Disney. Which stroller do you recommend if you were buying an upgrade?

Thanks for the advice so far! We are actually going to buy a new stroller before the trip which was why I was asking for opinions. I will be so glad when she's walking and won't be using a stroller as much as we do now.

cynic710

both are pretty serious strollers, but i am just renting from an online retal site for my trip. i will be there in november too with my 20 year old son, who luckly falls asleep anywhere. i wouldnt break the bank, personally, and just get the most convienient for the travel.

nolatron

We rented a Baby Jogger Mini City last November and loved it. Our 2 yr old DD I don't think ever slept in it either (she's never been stroller sleeper) but she never complained about sitting in it.

We liked it because it was super easy to fold and compact. It also maneuvered pretty well through the crowds. I'm planning on renting one again for Labor Day.

If had to buy a stroller again, I'd buy a Mini City.

KingdomStroller

I would suggest the City Mini. We use them in our rental inventory and they are great. Very light, great handling and easy folding. While your 2 year old may not be a stroller sleeper, all day in a park can quickly change that behavior. The City Mini single goes into almost a full recline.

Sari8970

Are you buying a new stroller just for this trip or do you need one anyway? If it's just for this trip I would say to rent one if your current stroller isn't adequate. If you're going to rent, I'd use one of the local companies instead of from the park. They bring it to your hotel and all you have to do is drop it back off at the bell desk the day you're leaving. The park strollers have to be left at each park so if you have a tired child and they then have to walk to the bus, monorail, car, etc it's going to be much harder on the parents.

By the way, neither one of my kids ever nap in a stroller. I don't get it since we bought a new one and it's so big and roomy. I'd like them to push me around so I could take a nap :ROFLOL:

bgraham34

We have a City Mini and used it on our trip in March and its great. You can't fold up a stroller any faster than the City Mini. Just pull the strap up and go.

Bri1121

I agree with the City Mini- its a great stroller and at 2.5 I am sure you will still be needing one. We are traveling with an almost 4 year old and bringing a stroller for him. He doesn't use one normally but will need one at Disney!!

Chico also makes a great stroller that is light and compact for getting on and off all the transportation!

HouCuseChickie

Having a 2 yr old of our own who doesn't sleep in strollers (even at WDW), I would either use a stroller you already have or rent if you are considering the upgrade solely for this trip. We barely use our stroller these days - i.e. maybe for a trip to the zoo or a museum, but that's it. I considered upgrading ours before our Dec trip to WDW, but I'm so glad I didn't. If I didn't need the cargo area for my tripod, I'd probably even consider downgrading from our sit and stand double stroller to a couple of inexpensive umbrella strollers. Of course- I may end up renting if I can't fit the stroller in the Jeep...which wouldn't break my heart. I think my girls would actually prefer the City Mini Double offered by Kingdom Strollers and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than me buying a cargo pod or case to go on top of my vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom