Trip Report Awesome Trip (Kind of done with the Parks for Now)

We just came back from 12 nights at WDW staying with DVC at Poly and WL Villas. First time for both and we LOVED both. A quick overview:
  1. The Poly villa was very nice & spacious and the resort is awesome. Love being so central to everything. It was a good thing I listened extensively to the resort music loop before we left as I could hum or sing along to the various songs. Drove my wife crazy!
  2. Stayed the back end of vacation at WL DVC villas. Amazing. The room is not as nice or spacious as Poly but the grounds and hotel theming are just so incredible it makes up for the loss of space. We have visited many time but never stayed. This may now be my favourite resort on property now. Loved the feel of the place. Just beautiful
  3. I don't understand something. At the Poly you have to rent the cabanas but at WL you get them for free (from what we could tell). I found that strange considering they are the same caliber hotel.
  4. The pool furniture at WL was actually much nicer than Poly. They even had upholstered "couches" which was a great touch. Just made it that much more comfortable
  5. We went between Halloween and the US Thanksgiving on purpose to try and hit reduced crowds. We were shocked at the number of people in the parks. Some of the lines were crazy. Also- see my post in General Discussions about FP+. I have some questions about that
  6. We were with our kids (late teens and early 20's) and so we went to the parks with them several days. My wife and I were saying we are kind of "done" with them for a while (the parks not the kids). We loved the new Pandora land and it was nice to go on some new attractions but I think the next time it might just be us and we will simply stay in a resort and enjoy the pool, hotel and food and save some money. Anyone else feel this way?
  7. Per the above we both kind of felt like the crowds are too big. We love Disney and we love the atmosphere but we can do without the crowded parks for a while...maybe after Star Wars opens at some point
  8. I really wish that Disney would build a complete walking loop around Seven Seas Lagoon. We walked several times from Poly to the GF. If there was a path all the way around we would have done that as well probably a few times. It would at least be simple from the Poly to GF to the Contemporary. All they need is a steel draw bridge over the canal where the water pageant barges park. They already have a path on the other side up to Magic Kingdom with lights and everything.
  9. I hate double wide strollers! (LOL)
  10. We have completely screwed ourselves. Years ago we used to camp in our various travel trailers with the kids at FW. Then we moved to the cabins. Then my wife and I would go to a value resort for a few days. Now we are SOLD on the WL and Poly! Could become expensive...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom