Average time for ME?????

matthope03

Hey everyone, I was wondering what the average time is for using Magical Express to get to your resort?? I am driving into Orlando in the morning and my friend is flying in from Chicago. She is using ME to get to the resort so I was wondering about how much time after she lands in Orlando will it take before she is at the resort (I would like to be there when she arrives since everything is booked under my name and she has never been to the world before). Thanks everyone in advance.

By the way, the trip is from December 17th-22nd. Just in case the time of year makes any difference.

shoppingnut

It generally takes about 45mins to 1 hr from the airport by ME, but it also depends on your resort and time of day you are coming into the airport. During the busier times of the day, some resorts don't share buses, but at other times they do. For instance when I've stayed at Pop and come in later in the evening, the bus is always shared with AKL and the first stop is Pop since it is the first resort right off the highway, but when I've come in on a Saturday about 1:00p the bus has just gone to Pop. POR the bus will stop at Saratoga Springs and POFQ and then POR. It has never taken me more than 1 hr from the airport to the resort.

Upvote 0

DisneyMomof2

ME from the airport

We used it in Sept/Oct 2005 and found that it took close to 1 1/2 hours from landing to checking into our Resort. We arrived at the Orlando Airport and proceeded to the ME check-in on the lower level. We were directed to a line for our resort and our ME bus arrived shortly thereafter. We then boarded and waited over 30 minutes for other passengers from presumably other flights. It wasn't so bad considering all we had were two kids in tow and a couple of carry-on bags. I figured we would not have departed the airport in less than 30 minutes anyway after retrieving luggage and picking up the rental car. During the wait, and all the way to the Resorts, they played previews on the bus so the kids remained amused. Hope this was helpful and have a great trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

matthope03

Original Poster
Thanks for the time ideas. She will be landing in Orlando at 12:35 in the afternoon on a Sunday. We are staying at Pop Century as well.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Both times I've used ME (and going to Pop Century) it's taken about an hour from landing to hotel check in counter. The longest wait is to check in at the ME counter, but from there, I got right onto the bus, and Pop Century was the first stop both times. Never a problem, I think it's great!

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

DisneyMissy said:
Going to Pop Century in March it took us about 45 min to an hour from the time we landed to the time we hit the resort and checked in.

Ditto. We couldn't have asked for better service getting there. Coming back wasn't as smooth, but it was OK and for the price? Yeah, sure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom