Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

planodisney

ROTR features Kylo Ren. No matter how good the attraction is, he is number 2 to Darth Vadar.
Agreed for sure, but if it’s great it’s great. Was Darth Vader in episode 7? I believe that movie did pretty well. It will boil down to the quality and scope of the attraction. Who knows, it may not live up to the hype.

RobWDW1971

I get your point and it has some validity. However you are way overplaying that, IMHO. I’ve never been to a land, Pandora, Harry Potter or any other that have as much going on in the streets as you are demanding of GE for it to be considered worthy. .

Wasn't my idea, it was what they pitched and sold us on for the very reason the land exists and is taking up 14 acres. The land itself was going to be a major, immersive attraction. It is sadly not.

If it was just about a ride, they could have done it like Indy and Star Tours and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Last edited:

planodisney

I get that but the lack of things to do effects the feel of the land making it feel far to big for 1 d-ticket ride. I’m saying that “feel” will change.
I actually don’t think it needs that much more streetmosphere. Just a couple things added here and there. It doesn’t need aliens and droids EVERYWHERE to be a great land.
I need to post these in the GE thread. Sorry to derail here.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

I get that but the lack of things to do effects the feel of the land making it feel far to big for 1 d-ticket ride. I’m saying that “feel” will change.
I actually don’t think it needs that much more streetmosphere. Just a couple things added here and there. It doesn’t need aliens and droids EVERYWHERE to be a great land.
I need to post these in the GE thread. Sorry to derail here.

It's not a Star Wars world without those things by its very definition. The dominant presence of aliens, droids, Jedi, bounty hunters, etc IS what makes it a Star Wars environment (see Star Tours queue).

If a land filled with tourists and retail employees is a Star Wars world, then my local mall is too. Bright Suns from the Foot Locker!

Mac Tonight

The problem is we don't know if RotR will be any good. People thought the Falcon ride would be good and that GE would be state of the art. No one knows till these things open. I wouldn't believe the hype on RotR. Expensive does not always mean good.
At this point, being "good" isn't my biggest concern with ROTR, but instead, wondering how long and continuous the attraction will actually be operational on a day-to-day basis. Something tells me it will be "down" an awful lot.

Last edited:

planodisney

The problem is we don't know if RotR will be any good. People thought the Falcon ride would be good and that GE would be state of the art. No one knows till these things open. I wouldn't believe the hype on RotR. Expensive does not always mean good.
I’m not believing the hype. I’ve having hope because of the photos and description of the ride.
I’m reserving judgement. It may disappoint but I think signs point to it being pretty special.

planodisney

It's not a Star Wars world without those things by its very definition. The dominant presence of aliens, droids, Jedi, bounty hunters, etc IS what makes it a Star Wars environment (see Star Tours queue).

If a land filled with tourists and retail employees is a Star Wars world, then my local mall is too. Bright Suns from the Foot Locker!
Then they need to get rid of the tourists, close the shops and let 1 person in a time to really experience a true Star Wars world.
This is getting ridiculous.
None of those things exist in Potter or Pandora.
No death eaters roaming about, no dementors, no Navi running around, no goblins strutting through the village. In those lands they are in the attractions.

DanielBB8

Then they need to get rid of the tourists, close the shops and let 1 person in a time to really experience a true Star Wars world.
No death eaters roaming about, no dementors, no Navi running around, no goblins strutting through the village. In those lands they are in the attractions.
Yes, you're correct, but Harry Potter Land offers actual places in the books and movies to explore so you have a connection and a reason to visit. You can also buy your wand in a free show and actually do something with it. You can't do much with the droid and light saber after getting it. Each land has at least one show (frog chorus, jazz singers). Hogwarts Castle has the evening show. It would be nice for Star Wars Land to have a cantina band playing outside.

Don't forget the dragon blowing fire 3 stories high at Diagon Alley.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

And yet little old Knott's Berry Farm can have an entire cast of talented interactive characters roaming the streets being sheriffs, train robbers, saloon girls, mayors, having shootouts, etc. but Disney in its 14 acre massive "immersive" land can only manage a couple stormtroopers (just sent over from Tomorrowland), no aliens, no roaming droids, no Jedi (except Rey), no smugglers, no bounty hunters, no stunt shows in the streets, etc.

They COULD have made a truly immersive Star Wars experience - they simply chose not to and knew a huge part of their customers would be satisfied with an abandoned movie set.

The spin that is was logistically not possible is ridiculous. Ever been to a Renaissance Faire? Star Wars Weekend? Star Trek:The Experience in Las Vegas?

WDI thanks you for your low expectations and rationalization.

TROR

For me, even if it was a walkthrough attraction of the MF I would be happy. To get to fly in the cockpit, that will be special. 3 more weeks. Cant wait!
I think this is true for a lot of people. You can more successfully convey the idea of being on the Falcon with a walkthrough and likely satisfy just as many guests. It’s cheaper to build, takes up less space, and allows the actual model to serve a purpose.

planodisney

And yet little old Knott's Berry Farm can have an entire cast of talented interactive characters roaming the streets being sheriffs, train robbers, saloon girls, mayors, having shootouts, etc. but Disney in its 14 acre massive "immersive" land can only manage a couple stormtroopers (just sent over from Tomorrowland), no aliens, no roaming droids, no Jedi (except Rey), no smugglers, no bounty hunters, no stunt shows in the streets, etc.

They COULD have made a truly immersive Star Wars experience - they simply chose not to and knew a huge part of their customers would be satisfied with an abandoned movie set.

The spin that is was logistically not possible is ridiculous. Ever been to a Renaissance Faire? Star Wars Weekend? Star Trek:The Experience in Las Vegas?

WDI thanks you for your low expectations and rationalization.
Look, I haven’t even been yet.
The people I’ve personally talked to who’s first hand opinions I trust have all said absolutely jaw dropping, incredible detail but not enough to do and desperately needs ROTR ASAP.
I may feel differently when I visit in 2 1/2 weeks but I’m just not getting the feeling I will from the pictures and videos. I am EXTREMELY disappointed ROTR won’t be open because when we made these plans we fully expected a COMPLETE opening. So I don’t expect the experience to be a complete one. Seams like some
fans can’t grasp that.

planodisney

Anyone think they might begin construction on the Avengers ride next summer, before phase 1 is complete?
I’m waiting to see that first shovel hit the dirt to feel completely good about Marvel land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anyone think they might begin construction on the Avengers ride next summer, before phase 1 is complete?
I’m waiting to see that first shovel hit the dirt to feel completely good about Marvel land.
I think they'll start construction as soon as logistically possible. They have to shuffle a couple things backstage first from what I understand, so that will take some time. It'll be interesting to see, but I predict a summer 2022 opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom