Avatar (the movie) and its Sequels

Ghost93

It has zero chance of winning but I did not think it would even be nominated.
Yeah the first movie was more of a phenomenon and had a bigger chance at winning due to the lead forward in 3D technology. The Way of Water is lucky to be nominated.

I think if any Avatar movie wins best picture, it will be the fifth and final one. I think the Academy might do what they did for the Lord of the Rings trilogy and award the final movie to recognize the franchise as a whole.

Disney Analyst

Very close to hitting the top 5.

3C36E1B4-E2B7-4832-955A-9FC0A4BDA96F.jpeg

DKampy

They have so many best picture nominations now, not nearly as hard as it used to be to get nominated.
The 1st Avatar got nominated with only 5 nominations…plus there is more movies than ever before thanks to streaming services trying to qualify movies for Oscar potential to bring recognition to them… me personally I think Avatar deserves to be up there amongst the nominees and I see a lot of movies from small independent to major tentpole blockbusters…what James Cameron did with that movie is pretty extraordinary.

It won’t win…I believe it will be Everything Everywhere or the Fabelmans depending how the academy is feeling…but I still believe Avatar 2.0 getting nominated is great and deserving regardless

DKampy

Yeah the first movie was more of a phenomenon and had a bigger chance at winning due to the lead forward in 3D technology. The Way of Water is lucky to be nominated.

I think if any Avatar movie wins best picture, it will be the fifth and final one. I think the Academy might do what they did for the Lord of the Rings trilogy and award the final movie to recognize the franchise as a whole.
I believe the 1st Avatar was consider front runner…I remember them saying it would either be Avatar or the Hurt Locker… and running with the story it was James Cameron vs his ex

Ghost93

I believe the 1st Avatar was consider front runner…I remember them saying it would either be Avatar or the Hurt Locker… and running with the story it was James Cameron vs his ex
The first Avatar had a much better chance of actually winning, and it even won the Golden Globe for best picture.

I think if any of the Avatar sequels win Best Picture it will be the 5th and final one.

Wendy Pleakley

I’m disappointed there haven’t been more mentions of the word “legs” in regards to this film lately.

Is this meant to be sarcastic or mocking? I honestly can't tell anymore. The fact is, "legs" is a common term to describe how well a movie does over the long term.

In any case, while the sequel is still doing well the daily grosses are starting to fall off compared to the original. It does not appear to have the same legs as the original but is obviously a rousing success and we can hopefully put to bed the myth that "nobody cares about Avatar".

Original:

Jan 27Wednesday1$3,137,588-1.9%-17.3%3,141$998$561,317,325

Way of Water:

Jan 25Wednesday1$1,436,130-28.5%-23%3,790$378$603,434,732

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom