News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

mickEblu

They've kept a wrap on DLForward plans for obvious reasons. So we wouldn't have heard anything yet. Once approved next week I assume we'll start getting leaks of rumored plans.

I mean even through the years though. They had 14 acres to work with for GE. Avengers at DCA isn’t a coaster. So this plus the lack of rumors leads me to believe this. Not to mention they mention the same few properties as possibilities for DL Forward none of which scream coaster. I see a Zootopia, Moana water ride and Frozen land being green lit before an E ticket coaster.

They re choosing the ride system they feel fits the story best but arent looking at the future from a resort wide perspective. In other words they may have to start thinking ride system first before they end up with another 4 simulators and 7 trackless rides. Which they might be doing now. The Avatar boat ride is a good sign.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I mean even through the years though. They had 14 acres to work with for GE. Avengers at DCA isn’t a coaster. So this plus the lack of rumors leads me to believe this. Not to mention they mention the same few properties as possibilities for DL Forward none of which scream coaster. I see a Zootopia, Moana water ride and Frozen land being green out before an E ticket coaster.

They re choosing the ride system they feel fits the story best but arent looking at the future from a resort wide perspective. In other words they may have to start thinking ride system first.
They mentioned all those IPs in the DLForward marketing as examples of what they can do because those were the projects currently being constructed at other Disney Parks. That is not what is for sure the IP coming to DLR with DLForward.

Remember the DLForward environmental report, it had this graphic of noise -

DLFenviron.jpg

This shows they are at least thinking about coasters in the plans. Or at least ensuring they can have coasters in the future as part of the approval. There are at least 3 or 4 potential coasters, both indoor and outdoor in that graphics.

mickEblu

They mentioned all those IPs in the DLForward marketing as examples of what they can do because those were the projects currently being constructed at other Disney Parks. That is not what is for sure the IP coming to DLR with DLForward.

Remember the DLForward environmental report, it had this graphic of noise -

View attachment 778988

This shows they are at least thinking about coasters in the plans.

I understand that but it’s only part of my reasoning. I know that’s why they re mentioning them but they re still far more likely at the moment than an indoor Marvel coaster or sprawling Speederbike coaster. To put it simply a new coaster is such a no brainer people pleaser ( that happens to be the perfect vessel to experience their Marvel or Star Wars IP) and yet we hear or have been given nothing. It tells me that that it’s just not something they re really concerned with. Especially confusing considering we have not gotten a themed E ticket coaster at DLR since 1979.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I understand that but it’s only part of my reasoning. I know that’s why they re mentioning them but they re still far more likely at the moment than an indoor Marvel coaster or sprawling Speederbike coaster. To put it simply a new coaster is such a no brainer people pleaser ( that happens to be the perfect vessel to experience their Marvel or Star Wars IP) and yet we hear or have been given nothing. It tells me that that it’s just not something they re really concerned with. Especially confusing considering we have not gotten a themed E ticket coaster at DLR since 1979.
Well to be honest the whole reason they dropped the rumored Capt America coaster in the first place was capacity. But now that they've done Cosmic Rewind I have no doubts that they would also consider it for a Marvel coaster at DLR.

mickEblu

Well to be honest the whole reason they dropped the rumored Capt America coaster in the first place was capacity. But now that they've done Cosmic Rewind I have no doubts that they would also consider it for a Marvel coaster at DLR.

I forgot about that. Why not just tweak the coaster though? All the other coasters at DLR are pretty high capacity.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I forgot about that. Why not just tweak the coaster though? All the other coasters at DLR are pretty high capacity.
I don't know we knew the exact specs of the coaster. So can't say if it could be tweaked or if it required a complete redo in order to increase capacity. But they've obviously moved beyond that in terms of coaster specs since that rumor was out there. So with the Cosmic Rewind coaster they can retheme it to use different Marvel characters and bring it to DLR.

mickEblu

I don't know we knew the exact specs of the coaster. So can't say if it could be tweaked or if it required a complete redo in order to increase capacity. But they've obviously moved beyond that in terms of coaster specs since that rumor was out there. So with the Cosmic Rewind coaster they can retheme it to use different Marvel characters and bring it to DLR.

That’d be nice. I’m good on the trackless rides. As far as simulators, they still haven’t topped Star Tours.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’d be nice. I’m good on the trackless rides. As far as simulators, they still haven’t topped Star Tours.
Well you know in DLForward there will be at least one trackless and one simulator attractions added. That is just part of their ride system profiles now being used.

BasiltheBatLord

Indeed - all while droning on about how great Tokyo is, not realizing it went nearly 11 years without a really notable* addition. We're about to hear again how great Tokyo is at building things I'm sure next year.

*Depends on how you feeling about TSMM and Soaring.
Don't want to get this thread too off topic, but you're right. TDR probably got hit the worst from the pandemic out of all of the non-China resorts. There are quite a few big things like entertainment and walkthrough attractions that have still never returned. Not to mention that APs were killed. OLC really gets a pass from this community on a lot of things.

As a Tokyo local there is very little to keep me coming back to TDR. All of the seasonal events are small and lame, but they know the rabid Disney otaku fan base (fun fact: 79% of TDR guests are female) will eat it up.

Granted Fantasy Springs is about to change things.

celluloid

Value wise, Tokyo Disney Sea is literally 50-70 percent cheaper for most guests compared to the admission rates of most other parks with the name.

Last year I never paid more than 60 dollars a day for my wife and I and our one child at 8 was 40 and our daughter at 3 was still free. We Disney'ed Like Kings also staying on property with the Hilton which accommodation wise is great and close.

Even with a recent slight price increase, its still a better value, and just opened a lot more.

ThemeParkTraveller

All of the seasonal events are small and lame, but they know the rabid Disney otaku fan base (fun fact: 79% of TDR guests are female) will eat it up.

Those guest demographics are quite eye-opening. Maybe that's why OLC is eager to bring Marvel into the resort to capture some of the male audience. Also interesting the ages 4-11 demo hovers around only 10-15%, which I imagine is far lower than the domestic parks.

celluloid

Those guest demographics are quite eye-opening. Maybe that's why OLC is eager to bring Marvel into the resort to capture some of the male audience. Also interesting the ages 4-11 demo hovers around only 10-15%, which I imagine is far lower than the domestic parks.

It is not so much of that as that Japan has one of the highest females to male ratios in the world and men work many more hours than women in a business culture.

BasiltheBatLord

It is not so much of that as that Japan has one of the highest females to male ratios in the world and men work many more hours than women in a business culture.
Undeniable though that there is an intense Disney fandom among young Japanese women, and the park’s internals show that.

But anyway I’m getting this thread too off topic.

mickEblu

Don't want to get this thread too off topic, but you're right. TDR probably got hit the worst from the pandemic out of all of the non-China resorts. There are quite a few big things like entertainment and walkthrough attractions that have still never returned. Not to mention that APs were killed. OLC really gets a pass from this community on a lot of things.

As a Tokyo local there is very little to keep me coming back to TDR. All of the seasonal events are small and lame, but they know the rabid Disney otaku fan base (fun fact: 79% of TDR guests are female) will eat it up.

Granted Fantasy Springs is about to change things.

I realized this when I posted something a few weeks ago. Tokyo doesn’t have one of the Top 5 Disney attractions created worldwide in the last 20 years.

ThemeParkTraveller

I realized this when I posted something a few weeks ago. Tokyo doesn’t have one of the Top 5 Disney attractions created worldwide in the last 20 years.

It has its flaws, but I think you can make an argument for TDL BatB being one. Out of the modern E-tickets created by Disney, I'd only put Shanghai Pirates, Mystic Manor, and RotR above it.

celluloid

Tower of Terror opened less than 20 years ago.

So they have that. While I prefer the original. It holds its own thank to a rich story and a WOWWWWZAH detail when you are there. My son has it as his favorite version. And I think we have to count it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom