News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

TheDisneyParksfanC8

They should infill in spaces in and around the "Pier" zoned land. Many missed opportunities for Disney build some decent dark rides for the Pier.
Those would be Pixar themed obviously. For the Simba lot I would want them to focus on more Disney Animation IPs including a catch all land themed to Disney animation that includes attraction themed around the classic era as well as a E ticket trackless ride themed around the princesses.

DLR92

Those would be Pixar themed obviously. For the Simba lot I would want them to focus on more Disney Animation IPs including a catch all land themed to Disney animation that includes attraction themed around the classic era as well as a E ticket trackless ride themed around the princesses.
That Disney missed opportunity to keep Paradise Pier as is too.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Just an FYI, they are neither strapped for cash, nor is there a corporate cultural unwillingness to spend on parks at this time.

They just added 3 billion cash on hand last quarter.
The fact James Cameron is involved on this Avatar experience makes me think it is actually real and well into development unlike Encanto and Indy at AK. They are just waiting to get the green light on Disneyland Forward.

Parteecia

Just a bunch of theatre kids standing around making references to the show and acting aghast asking "you haven't seen Dr Who?????" while wearing ill-fitting thrift store suits.
Lol. That's not the possibility I imagined. I want to go into the Tardis and pop out in different times and places with different Doctors. An advanced version of Star Tours.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Forget Avatar. They need to add a Doctor Who Land, now that it's on Disney+. Imagine the possibilities...
Disney would have to pay extra for that. And with another company already owning the park rights... it may take a lot of money.

Right now, Disney is co-producing the new DW series providing capital that the BBC could never afford. Disney gets to provide input, but BBC has the final say. And Disney gets to stream it. That's all Disney gets for now.

Parteecia

Disney would have to pay extra for that. And with another company already owning the park rights... it may take a lot of money.

Right now, Disney is co-producing the new DW series providing capital that the BBC could never afford. Disney gets to provide input, but BBC has the final say. And Disney gets to stream it. That's all Disney gets for now.
I prefer to think there's hope.

ETA I can't link to inside the magic's "How Disney Nearly Brought Doctor Who To Disneyland, Just Before Star Wars Soared Into Theme Parks"

Last edited:

TP2000

Just an FYI, they are neither strapped for cash, nor is there a corporate cultural unwillingness to spend on parks at this time.

They just added 3 billion cash on hand last quarter.

And yet...
  • Neither WDW or Disneyland has a night parade in any park, and there is only one (1) day parade on offer in both resorts. And no new parade, day or night, has been announced as under development for either coast.
  • Neither WDW or Disneyland has a new ride under construction in any park, but both resorts desperately need ride capacity.
  • WDW only has one (1) boat on its large Rivers of America complex, but desperately needs additional ride capacity in Magic Kingdom.
  • WDW cancelled its announced Hyperion-esque large theater complex project for Main Street USA.
  • While the Hyperion Theater at DCA is sitting dark indefinitely, with no known show in development for it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I prefer to think there's hope.

ETA I can't link to inside the magic's "How Disney Nearly Brought Doctor Who To Disneyland, Just Before Star Wars Soared Into Theme Parks"

ITM is not a, how shall I put it... a *stable* source.

Links to there are not allowed here because of their off-the-wall, unsourced rumors; and plagiarism of a parody site that it tries to pass off as real with only the tiniest wink that it's not real -- all done out of spite because they're angry at something Disney did. It's just gross clickbaiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom