Avatar 4DX A taste of Disney at the theater.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Saw the re-release of Avatar(never saw it in theaters the first time) in 4DX with my kids. We had a blast. While it's not Flight or Navi River ride, it definitely felt a bit like a Disney ride, with how the smells were pumped in(burning Rome anyone?) and the mist sprayed out at different parts of the film. I highly recommend it if you want a taste of Disney locally.

ppete1975

How was the movement synced with the movie?

Some of the 4dx movies theres not a ton of movement, and the fog and smells arent much. I think it depends on who programs the movie, and the theater as well as i think they can turn down the effects. First 4dx movie i went to near me the water was awesome and the fog was great, ive never really smelled the smells.. and the fog and water seems much detuned.

1665070257714.png

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
How was the movement synced with the movie?

Some of the 4dx movies theres not a ton of movement, and the fog and smells arent much. I think it depends on who programs the movie, and the theater as well as i think they can turn down the effects. First 4dx movie i went to near me the water was awesome and the fog was great, ive never really smelled the smells.. and the fog and water seems much detuned.

View attachment 671339
The scents were great. Movement was pretty good, it could get rocking, we lost some candy when it jostled out of our hands. I thought there was no fog and the mist could have been better, though I seemed to see more water shooting out of other seats, maybe our row wasn't working as well with that. It was sychniced really well. When a character was shot or fell there was a thump felt in the back of the seat.
My wife hated motion stimulators and I don't know if she could handle this.

gerarar

Premium Member
Totally agree with this! I saw it in 4DX a couple weeks ago and it made me think back to FoP a lot. I completely forgot about the fog until you mentioned it!! There's like a fog machine in the front and back of the theater I went to. Was really evident during the tree destruction scene when it was ashy on screen. Would definitely try to see Avatar 2 in 4DX after this experience.

Posted my full thoughts on the experience here:

Post in thread 'Avatar (the movie) and its Sequels' https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-the-movie-and-its-sequels.933550/post-10396116

No Name

I’m sad because the last 4DX showing near me was Thursday at noon. When the sequel comes out I’ll have to give it a try, I’ve been itching to try out a 4DX movie for a while now.

BubbaisSleep

I’m sad because the last 4DX showing near me was Thursday at noon. When the sequel comes out I’ll have to give it a try, I’ve been itching to try out a 4DX movie for a while now.
4DX so worth it! It changed how I view the movie experience when I tried it last year. I’m hoping the sequel feels like a 3ish hour FOP ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom