Autograph books?

EnchantedPrincess

Hello, I heard WDW has some new autograph books. We already have the small blue ones from 2 previous trips in 2003. Do they have room for photos? Also I heard they are much nicer than the old ones. I wasn't sure if this was true. Thanks in advance

Nemo14

We saw some pretty nice ones in February - room for pics with the autographs. Not sure of the price, but they were really neat!

Upvote 0

drew81

They still have the blue autograph books. They now sell 2 different autograph books that can have pictures put in them. One is for the 50th celebration and one is a princess book.

Upvote 0

slowbee

kaysmommie said:
Hello, I heard WDW has some new autograph books. We already have the small blue ones from 2 previous trips in 2003. Do they have room for photos? Also I heard they are much nicer than the old ones. I wasn't sure if this was true. Thanks in advance

If you are there for more than 3 days and your kid(s) like to get autographs from each and every character they see, no matter how many times they see them, I would suggest sticking with the blue books. The pink/gold books are a very cool idea, but there isn't that much room for autographs. There are less than 20 pages and half of those are reserved for the pictures. We bought one on our August trip last year and ended up buying a blue one as well.

Again, they are very cool to look at and are great momentos, but don't expect to be able to use it as much as the blue ones.

Upvote 0

blairsville

Do most of the kids like to get autographs? I will be going next week with our almost 7 year old boy. I just do not see him caring about the autographs. But I would hate to get into the parks, then discover he really wants them....

Upvote 0

slowbee

blairsville said:
Do most of the kids like to get autographs? I will be going next week with our almost 7 year old boy. I just do not see him caring about the autographs. But I would hate to get into the parks, then discover he really wants them....

I've seen more kids get autographs than not... My 6 year old loves it.. we buy her a new book each time we go and she usually fills up the book. Being a dad who always gets a picture with Mickey, we probably stand in line to see the characters more than the Disney Commandos... But I would say that if you're standing in line to see a character, then more times than not the child will want their autographs.

Upvote 0

orangewarrior

Blairsville - This is sort of ironic, perhaps. Or maybe you aren't from Blairsville PA at all. But we went with great friends of ours, last June who used to live in Blairsville, PA. We had been to Disney twice in the previous two years, they hadn't been there since their honeymoon. We both had 5 year old children, ours a daughter, theirs a son. Since we had been there in the past we were sort of left with the daily planning. But since our stay was more extended then theirs, we wanted to be sure that they got to do what they wanted to do. During the planning stage, I kept asking, "What characters do you want to see?" And they kept answering like it didn't matter. In fact, they really thought we were crazy when we said, "We try to avoid character lines until after 10 or 10:30 in the morning, so we can capitalize on the short attraction lines."

We had a great time. But at the end of it. The father said to me, "I never realized how these kids would just be so drawn to the characters. And how it becomes a quest to get each and everyone of them in your autograph book. Even the ones that I didn't think our son would care about, he wanted their signature."

I think its true. You really don't realize how much these kids are mesmorized by the characters. I remembered back to our first trip to Disney and how our daughter's first experience with Goofy, probably made us Disney fans for life. The joy and the wonderment in their eyes and faces when they are around the characters are some of our best Disney memories.

My daughter created a Disney scrapbook, by cutting the autograph pages out of the blue book, and pasting it next to a picture of her with the character, in a seperate book.

The characters seem to like bigger, heavier markers. Something they can grab onto when signing their name. We have used Sharpie pens in the past and gotten many compliments from admiring characters.

Have a great trip.

Oh and what a run by the Blairsville basketball team through the PIAA tournament.

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

blairsville said:

Don't worry if you don't have your autograph book and pen when you enter the park on the first day of your adventure. They are sold everywhere in every park, hotel, DTD, and the Disney Store at the ORLANDO Airport! :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

The bigger books are about $10-$12. I bought my niece's book ahead of time during a prior trip so we were all ready when we went. I also bought the new sharpie markers, but decided I didn't like them because they were permanent ink and she was pressing it against her clothing to open it and so glad it was a pink one which blended in with her clothing, but half way through the trip I started using a larger ink pen which was much better.

Upvote 0

dazzer68

my daughter is 11 years old and we just got back from wdw i didnt think she would be into getting autographs but she was, wherever there was a character she was there! every time she got an autograph i took a picture and got her to et one signitue on each page so i could stick the picture with the relevant autgraph on the opposite side we had a great time when we got back making a mini scrap book which she'll treasure.
we got our book on ebay !£2.00 about $5 dollars which was one from the disney stoe,
ps the only ones we dint get which we wanted was donald and lilo
and weused a sharpie which the character hosts thanked us for!

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

My 6 year old granddaughter is already an autograph collector. She's filled 5 books to date and is still going strong! I usually take a picture of her and the Disney character and then scrapbook it into her own personal 8"x8" scrapbook/autograph book that I make for her.

She then takes the book I made for her along and gets each character to autograph the picture. Sometimes they even personalize the signature to her.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Another great thing about the autograph is the extra interaction time between child and character. I just notice how it is just stand - take picture - hug bye - see ya! My girls just soak in the time they are with them and are so excited to see the character sign their book and those that talk converse with them while signing, etc. I guess there is more substance in the this type of visit.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I am glad someone posted this. My 4 yr old daughter has asked me to get her an autograph book for our next visit which I will be glad to do. So, you should have your own Sharpie? I was wondering about that. Also, I have heard that some of the characters use stamps for their autograph because the costume such as Buzz Lightyear does not allow them to write. Is this true?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Ringo8n24 said:
I am glad someone posted this. My 4 yr old daughter has asked me to get her an autograph book for our next visit which I will be glad to do. So, you should have your own Sharpie? I was wondering about that. Also, I have heard that some of the characters use stamps for their autograph because the costume such as Buzz Lightyear does not allow them to write. Is this true?

Some of the new books come with pens, however, I would recommend bringing a few of your own as pens get lost. I would buy a larger marker of some sort that if it gets on clothing will wash out. I don't know if the sharpie's make markers other than permanent ones, even the new sharpie pen's that are clicker types are permanent.

Yes, certain characters such as buzz and the green army men do have stamps, but the majority do not, they will actually sign the book.

These books are really great memories and kids will treasure them.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

My kids love getting the autographs.....

My DS 9 was too embarrassed last year to go upto the Princesses, he said they were too pretty......:eek: He also didn't want to go up to Cpt Hook because he too intimidating...... But his younger brother went up no problem! :lol:

DS 9 likes to get the cahracters in different costumes, like safari Mickey etc. My ds 6 likes to get Chip and Dale any time he sees them!

Upvote 0

slowbee

Ringo8n24 said:

I wouldn't suggest using a sharpie... it's permanent and can stain clothes... But I do suggest using a thicker pen because Mickey always wears gloves and small pens are harder for them to use...

Yes... some of the characters use stamps.. I believe it's just Buzz and Mr. Incrediable. Sully and Mike don't do autographs at MGM because.. as we all know.. Monsters don't like paperwork...

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

KERMIT and MISS PIGGY also stamp.

Sharpies sometimes "bleed" through the page in a blue cover autograph book.

I sometimes cut scrapbooking paper into 4"x6" cards and have the characters autograph them. Later I may add a sticker of that character to the card if there's room. They slip nicely into photograph albums designed to hold that same size pictures.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom