Auroragirl's Trip Report: Sept 19-25

Hello all!!
I'm not brand new to this site... I usually check the forums a few times a week, but this will be my first TR!!!
Most of you know my hubby... WDWMazprty! He has already started the TR, but I just wanted to add in a few other details and, maybe, a few different pictures. Please check back to his TR when our Photobucket account resets itself, since he does have most of our vacation pictures....

ENJOY :)

I guess I should start when we finally told the girls (DD8, DD3) that we were going to Disney. It was the hardest secret to keep!!! A WHOLE YEAR we kept it from them. But their reaction is just the BEST!!! Here is a video of when we told them... (lower your the vol. down!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klgt0W5mHvI

The road trip started... and 11 hours later.... We were finally in Florida!!!!

FINALLY.... The Magic Begins!!!

Disney2010020.jpg

We checked in at POP early Sunday morning.... Did online check in, so we were out in under 10 minutes!!!! Ready to hop on the bus to Magic Kingdom, so we can get to Kona Cafe for our breakfast reservation.

One quick stop at MK...
Disney2010008.jpg

Before getting on the monorail to Polynesian Resort...

Disney2010002.jpg

We really enjoyed Kona Cafe. Oure breakfast was GREAT!!! I can't believe I dont have a picture of the Tonga Toast (I know the hubs has one)... But it was delish! Me and my little one shared one plate... Their scrambled eggs are AWESOME!!!

Disney2010003.jpg

So, back to POP for some fun in the sun... but not before surprise #2!!!!
The girls had no idea their cousins (DS8, DD6) were coming too!!! What a SURPRISE!! I wish I had a video camera at this point too...

Disney2010015.jpg

Disney2010016.jpg

We went to Disney with my sister & her husband and their two kids... All NEWBIES!!! :D

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Now for some pool time....
Here is my 8yr old... Kei

Disney2010025.jpg

... and a quick nap, before heading down to Downtown Disney.

Disney2010026.jpg

Now as you can tell, we had to wake up little miss over here... She was not happy with that decision :mad:

Disney2010028.jpg

Oh well!!!! :lol:
Yup... Phillies Fans!!!
Disney2010029.jpg

Me & my sister....
1meandmimi.jpg

Characters in Flight was closed... it was pretty windy that evening.
Disney2010043.jpg

Disney2010056.jpg

Ready to go 'home'...
Disney2010058.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
(I just realized these photos are enormous! :eek:)

OK... So Monday...
Photo Op time... Everyone was up and ready to go!!!
Disney2010061.jpg

All the cousins...
Disney2010065.jpg

Breakfast at Chef Mickeys....
Disney2010067.jpg

I must say we enjoyed this breakfast better than Crystal Palace... It was much more 'upbeat'. And the food was great.
Disney2010073.jpg

And I must say, I didn't mind having to meet Mickey Mouse first, then be seated. It was a nice little 'teaser' and got the kids excited to see everyone else.

Disney2010079.jpg

..... Wait for it......

..... Wait for it......

anticipation.jpg

:lol:

Auroragirl

Original Poster
The Magic Kingdom!!!!

castle.jpg

.... and those darn cranes!!!! :mad:

Probably one of the best pics....

castlebutts.jpg

Disney2010120.jpg

Disney2010106.jpg

I get sick just LOOKING at them spin so fast!!!! :cry:

Disney2010124.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
My baby's first Roller Coaster!!!! She got on it like 2 or 3 times in a row! She loved it!!!

Raqiride.jpg

Disney2010146.jpg

We did all the mountains.... Splash, Thunder and Space.... And of course a few extras. But, oh my, those crowds were CRAZY!!!! We really were not expected such big crowds! Pretty long wait times for almost all the rides, even though some of them were alittle off (it would say 60 min, and we'd wait for about 40)

Last year we went on Pirates about 3 times and everyone was good. This year, however, my youngest was not fond of that ride... AT ALL. I think she is more aware of her surroundings or something... but she wanted OFF that ride. She even told me she wanted to go home.... :shrug: I think it was the dark... So, as far as she is concerned, we are no longer getting on "piraps" anymore.

Disney2010126.jpg

Disney2010130.jpg

Disney2010133.jpg

Disney2010131.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Me and the girls... Waiting for Disney's Electrical Parade to start....

Disney2010212.jpg

I got another thing to say... I so like Spectro Magic WAY better than this one. It seems more interactive... it also could be that I'm just used to the SM, but I could live without seeing this one again.... :lookaroun

Disney2010177.jpg

WISHES!!!! Love that show! Best way to end the day!!!!

castlefireworks.jpg

castlefw1.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Tuesday.... EPCOT!

Lets see.... We got on many of the rides in Future World, but still, the wait times were long and the crowds were heavy.

Soarin' was great!!! Test Track we were able to do twice.... on standby - wait time was about 25 min.... then FP. Some of our group did do Mission: SPACE. I still can't do that.... oh well.

epcotkids.jpg

testtrack.jpg

Disney2010219.jpg

The Force is stong with this one!

Disney2010224.jpg

TRON monorail

Disney2010229.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
World Showcase....

Disney2010245.jpg

The BEST part of the Mexico Pavilion.... :lol:
Disney2010244.jpg

epcotfam.jpg

I love this picture!!!!

Disney2010252.jpg

Disney2010274.jpg

The smells coming out of here were AMAZING!!!! :slurp:

Disney2010289.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
So, we traveled around 'the World'... and made it to Canada just in time for our dinner reservations. :slurp:

Since it was my sister & brother-in-laws' anniversary, we surprised them with a cake after dinner. It was SOOOO good!!!!!

As you can see she was very surprised!

Disney2010334.jpg

Disney2010338.jpg

Good Night Epcot!!!

epcotball.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
We had another little surprise on Wednesday for the girls...
They were going to be all glammed up at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique. They were super excited about that!!!!

BEFORE!!!

bbbbefore.jpg

SUPER Excited to FINALLY get there!!!!!

bbbexcited.jpg

bbblei.jpg

bbbkei2.jpg

bbbkeiafter.jpg

AFTER :)

bbbafter.jpg

We were also lucky enough to find the Mayor of Main Street USA walking. IMMEDIATLY I asked for a photo.

bbbmayor.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
While we were at MK getting the girls all Princessed up... The guys and my youngest were already at Animal Kingdom... getting the day started.

Disney2010344.jpg

Disney2010345.jpg

Here is Tinker Belle!!!!

Disney2010348.jpg

Disney2010349.jpg

Disney2010355.jpg

akwhirl.jpg

AKEE.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!

akee1.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Disney2010370.jpg

Disney2010373.jpg

Disney2010374.jpg

Disney2010376.jpg

Animal Kingdom's crowds weren't as bad as I thought they were gonna be, comparing them to the first two days. But it was more crowded than usual.

This pic is HILLARIOUS!! I love my daughter's face. She's in the first row... sitting with her cousin and aunt. And her uncle and other cousin are in the 2nd row. (He's got the Superman shirt on)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

akdino.jpg

We saw Finding Nemo...and after that I came back to the room to relax with the baby. Everyone else stayed in AK to ride some more rides. One of many reasons we will always stay on-site. I LOVE being able to do that!!!

Disney2010390.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Yummmy Dinner at 1900 Park Fare!!! This buffet was pretty good... and the characters are great. They really stay in character. We had lots of fun...

ak19004.jpg

ak19003.jpg

ak19002.jpg

ak1900.jpg

ak19005.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Thursday... DHS.

WOW!!! It was PACKED!!! :eek: I was amazed at how PACKED this place was! If it wasn't that we had specific things to do the following day, I would have left. It was just crazy!!!! Toy Story Mania's standby line was 110 minutes at one point. We got FP at 9:30am... and it was for 3pm!!!! We had lots of fun... but the crowds were just immense that day.

Dis2010083.jpg

DHS.jpg

dhskids.jpg

Dis2010048.jpg

Dis2010047.jpg

Dis2010104.jpg

More Face painting....

Dis2010081.jpg

dhsraqi.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
The Ride everyone was waiting for!!!! :lol:

Dis2010115.jpg

Dis2010122.jpg

Dis2010117.jpg

dhsjonmimi.jpg

Dinner tonight at Kouzzina's. This was, by far, my favorite meal!!! It was SOOO good!!!!! Even the kids were happy with what they got. Definietly going there again!!!

Dis2010164.jpg

Afterwards, the hubs and I... with our youngest... went back to Epcot to catch Illuminations. MY FAVORITE fireworks show in Disney.

Dis2010171.jpg

Dis2010185.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Friday... Back to Magic Kingdom.
The crowds were much more manageable today. Twenty minute wait was the most we found. But then, after 1:00... the down pour started!!!! Then the humidity crept back up too!!! :eek:

Dis2010204.jpg

Dis2010219.jpg

Dis2010222.jpg

Dis2010223.jpg

Dis2010233.jpg

Dis2010232.jpg

Dis2010239.jpg

Dis2010236.jpg

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Dis2010244.jpg

You can see here the ground 'glistening' with the rain that had just fallen.. lol :)

MKme.jpg

Dinner at Ohana!! Yummy!!!!
Their systems were down... so even though wer got there on time, we still had to wait about 25-30 minutes to be seated. It was alittle crazy over there. Looks like alot of things were being delayed for one reason or another. Our waiter never forgot about us, but felt like it took forever for him to return.

But the food was still good.... :lol:

Dis2010315.jpg

Dis2010317.jpg

She was expecting a very important email....

Dis2010313.jpg

Dis2010322.jpg

Dis2010321.jpg

Now, she has the RIGHT idea!!!!

Dis2010331.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom