Aulani excursion questions

jlpbuckeyes

Original Poster
Does Aulani provide shuttles to any off site excursions?

I was particularly interested in Pearl Harbor and Kualoa Ranch. Would I need to rent a car for those?

jaklgreen

No, Aulani does not off any shuttle or excursions. They do have an excursion company that works with them and there is a representative in the lobby of Aulani, but Aulani has nothing to do with them and you have to pay the tour company separately. Since Covid, many of the tour companies no longer provide transportation. You would have to contact them directly to find out if they are offering it again. They were not as of a couple of months ago. You need a car. Aulani is not close to anything and ride share is very unreliable and expensive. I always tell people to look at your trip as a vacation to Hawaii, with Aulani being the hotel where you are staying. Get a car for your stay and go out and explore.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I agree with @jaklgreen. We rented a car for our entire trip, and used it almost every day to visit different things. Pearl Harbor is definitely not to be missed. Just plan on the expense of a car for your trip.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No, Aulani does not off any shuttle or excursions. They do have an excursion company that works with them and there is a representative in the lobby of Aulani, but Aulani has nothing to do with them and you have to pay the tour company separately. Since Covid, many of the tour companies no longer provide transportation. You would have to contact them directly to find out if they are offering it again. They were not as of a couple of months ago. You need a car. Aulani is not close to anything and ride share is very unreliable and expensive. I always tell people to look at your trip as a vacation to Hawaii, with Aulani being the hotel where you are staying. Get a car for your stay and go out and explore.
Agreed. I personally like driving and road trips so I know some people prefer not to have to drive on vacation, but IMHO a rental car is the best bet for Hawaii. Exploring on your own gives you more flexibility to spend as much time as you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom