August Trip Report the 4th-9th

So I know this is about 2 months late but I've been having Disney withdrawals really bad so I figured I'll just relive my trip with this report!! So enjoy!!

Dates: August 4-9
Where: Polynesian Resort

The cast:
Me (24)
My Sister (19)

Backstory:
This was probably about my 15th trip to the world, my sisters 12th. My first trip was at the tender age of 2 months my parents say they still don't know what they were thinking taking me that young but needless to age from a young age I was hooked. This was our first trip anywhere where it was just the two of us, would we be able to withstand 6 days of just each other or by day 3 would we be ready to kill each other… Anyone who has a sibling knows what I'm talking about!! We also killed ourselves at work for the past 6 months to be able to go, stay at our favorite resort. So by the time the day arrived we were ready to go!!

August 4th-JFK to MCO, Poly, Magic Kingdom.

Woke up at the great time of 3:30am got all the last minute essentials together, triple checked I had everything, and was in the car headed to JFK by 4:00. Our flight was at 6:00 and we made it to the airport by 4:45, security had a long line but while we were waiting they opened a check point right in front of us and by the time we sat down in front of our gate with a light breakfast it was 5:30.

The flight was uneventful, took a short nap, and by the time we landed in Orlando it was 8:30. I chose this early flight because I liked the fact that knowing we would have basically a whole day in the parks, in the past we have gotten in Orlando in the afternoon and since this was our trip my sister and I wanted the earliest flight we could find. After a bathroom break we got in line for Magical Express by 9:00 and waited about 20-25 minutes.

Poly was the first stop, I had done online check-in and we got our keys to the world by 10:30. Our room wasn't ready which I knew would happen since I was arriving early, but we were told it was going to be in Rarotonga right next to the Great Ceremonial House and that was fine with us. We love the Poly we have stayed at all 3 of the Monorail resorts but since our last trip when we first stayed there it became our favorite. We signed up to get a text message when the room was ready and we had packed what we would need for the parks in our carry on bags, so once we finished transferring what we would need we checked our bags with the valet and headed for the Magic Kingdom.

We entered the Magic Kingdom and went to our usual entrance under the left side overpass then taking the first turn to the right and there is no better feeling in the world than seeing the castle for the first time and hearing the sounds, and smelling the smells. By this point it was almost 11 and suddenly we were starving. But first we needed a Space Mountain Fastpass which was closed last year during our visit, after we got our fast passes, we made a bee-line for Cosmic Ray's, after we refueled and debated over what would be our first ride. We then decided to go with the TTA or Peoplemover as it is now called, which was closed last year as well. We killed time in Tomorrowland by riding Buzz, and just generally enjoying the weather and scenery. It was time for Space Mountain and it was my sisters first ride, she is usually somewhat of a whimp when it comes to ride but I have to hand it to her she did everything this year!! By this time it was almost 1:30 and getting up at 3:30 was catching up to us. We headed back to the resort and figured we would hang around there so at least we would be close when the room was ready.

We went and hung out on the beach and soaked up some sun and relaxed, and then I realized I still hadn't taken 1 picture!!!! So it was time to whip out the camera.

By 2:45 we had enough sun, but still no room so we went to the arcade killed some more time and by then it was 3:15 so still no room so I went to concierge and just wanted to find out how much longer or if they could find us another room… Boy did I get shot down, I was basically yelled at like I was back in high school and told to just wait for the text… So I headed for a seat in the lobby with my tail between my legs and just waited…. for another hour. So for those keeping score it was now after 4, I still had no room and had dinner reservations at 5:45 at Crystal Palace. So the woman who had originally yelled at me was gone, so I went back to concierge. This time a younger guy probably around my age was extremely helpful!! He called housekeeping and the room still wasn't ready so he said that was unacceptable and told me he would get me another room and he came through for me and found another room in the Fiji building which was ready now, so we got new keys and I picked up my carry on bags from the valet and headed to the room and then 5 minutes later our luggage arrived. Here is the view from the room:

This is still a garden view!! I only wish I had a balcony I would have loved sitting out there listening to the dock sounds but at this point I wasn't complaining I was happy to have a room!!

We hung out for awhile, freshened up and left the room around 5:15 took our time and got to Crystal Palace by 5:40.
Waiting for our table:

We love the Crystal Palace dinners, and its become sort of our traditional first dinner of vacation. Our meal was great, so after we filled up we hit a bunch of rides, Pirates, Philharmagic, Snow White and probably some more before heading back to main street to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade. It was fun to see it and it brought back tons of memories, after it passed by we just hung out had a snack and waited for fireworks. Summer Nightastic was alright and it was amazing during the Pirates part but I really missed Wishes.

After fireworks we headed back for the room, by the time I showered and finally got into bed I figured I had been up for 21 straight hours but I had to be up for a 7:30 breakfast at O'Hanas but isn't that the way it is on a Disney Vacation!!!

WishIWasAtWDW

wonderful trip report! and so sorry to hear about your shoulder. i can just picture you shouting "PRIMEVAL WHIRL" every time your shoulder hurts and it makes me laugh :lol: how funny to shout something that sounds so random. i love shouting random things!

Kelle0702

Original Poster
I loved your little lost balloon picture! Perfect!

I'm sorry to hear that you took your shoulder pain home with you in such a big way, but at least you'll never forget that trip now! :hammer::lol:
Thanks glad you enjoyed it!! And yeah it stinks but I'll always remember this trip!!

Excellent report, Kelly. I'm glad you decided to share. I love all the pictures around the Polynesian... what a great room view, especially since they consider that a garden view.
Considering it's a garden view I think its great deal, and it was in a great location close to the lobby and it only took a few minutes to get to the pool and boat launch.

Kelly I really enjoyed your report! Your photography style is really great, so many fantastic photos!!!
Thanks I like taking photos, I'm just sort of starting out with it. But I study Television Production/Screenwriting in college so some of the production side did come out when I was finding different angles and such.

Thanks for sharing your trip, it was great!! I also love the smell of the lobbies, especially the Polynesian and the Yacht Club. Maybe it's just the memories we smell...
Thanks for reading!! Thats a good way to look at it :)

wonderful trip report! and so sorry to hear about your shoulder. i can just picture you shouting "PRIMEVAL WHIRL" every time your shoulder hurts and it makes me laugh :lol: how funny to shout something that sounds so random. i love shouting random things!
Me too shouting random things is fun especially in public!! :lol:

DiPSU224

Primeval Whirl is the devil! Oh it's so ugly, but it is just so darn fun! So sorry to hear you got injured.

You had some really great and unique pictures! I'm reading this before going out for work and your mention of tonga toast has me seriously craving some....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom