August Ride Line Times/Waiting

recrat

We are DVC members who usually go during Thanksgiving/Christmas. Due to scheduling issues we are going August 5th - 12th. I know what the books and charts say but I wanted to hear from people who actually go during this time period. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We went August 1st - 22nd last year, and like the book (Unofficial Guide) says, we were expecting the world to be there. How wrong we were.

Now, we get to the parks early but by mid morning on the first week things were still slow. The parks were busier in the second week (don't know why) and then slowed again into the third week. From late morning to late afternoon the parks were busy during all three weeks.

Weather was hot and humid and the Parade at AK was cancelled on our first day there as a thunder storm was heading into the park. There was also a torrential downpour during an afternoon at EPCOT.

We found August not a bad time at all to visit.

PS - We normally go over the Easter period and so things may well have appeared quiter than what we're used to.

Upvote 0

klofan

Banned
I went to WDW in August in 2005. The lines were great. It was nothing like when I went on July 4th. There were some lines that were long (obviously Soarin' but when is it short), but it was not bad at all. We walked on Splash Mountain believe it or not. And we always sat down and had a seat on a bus except for one night at MK. The reason why I'm going again in August (12-18!!!!!) is for this reason.

I know you didn't ask this, but IT IS HOT. There were points where I felt like I was going to collapse, but only then that, it was great, haha!

Upvote 0

Kristia

We are going from Aug 6th - 13th. I was curious about crowd levels as well. We usually go in July and once we went in early June. Are there still tour groups there in Aug?

Upvote 0

dizzney

August Trip

We too are going this August from the 2nd to th 11th at Broadhwalk Villa's - yes home again - We've had to do early August due to school schedules and have found in teh past that some days its great, others its crowded. But the crowd levels never reach the Christmas / Presidents Day and Easter Week levels. And if you time yourself get in early, get out midday and return later it works well. My kids are counting the days, a week from today we arrive!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kman101

I'll be there August 9th through 12th. Yay. I'm expecting moderate to high crowds, but glad it's not THAT bad.

July's probably the busiest month, I would guess (of summer, that is).

Of course, I went July 13th and while yeah, the crowds were there, it actually wasn't all that bad. I was pretty shocked.

Upvote 0

Jellyfish

We are DVC members who usually go during Thanksgiving/Christmas. Due to scheduling issues we are going August 5th - 12th. I know what the books and charts say but I wanted to hear from people who actually go during this time period. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:eek: i go on the 12th untill the 26th! :( arrrrh well, have fun ;) (the 12th is my bday ;))

Upvote 0

Qatari girl

We too are going this August from the 2nd to th 11th at Broadhwalk Villa's - yes home again - We've had to do early August due to school schedules and have found in teh past that some days its great, others its crowded. But the crowd levels never reach the Christmas / Presidents Day and Easter Week levels. And if you time yourself get in early, get out midday and return later it works well. My kids are counting the days, a week from today we arrive!:sohappy:

We are also going to be there in the second of August:) and my kids are

counting the days as well:ROFLOL: .

Upvote 0

rileyspaw

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told many schools in the Southern states are back in session so that might account for slightly lower numbers of park goers especially during the week in August.:shrug:

Upvote 0

Jellyfish

Im not sure about american, but all schools are closed during august for us (summer vacation i think you call it? we call it summer holidays ;)) in england, not sure about the rest of the UK, so it'll be fun of english more than usuall probably (bet you cant wait) ;)

Upvote 0

debpeduz

I'll be there Aug 13th-20th and from what I remember from before, it is very, very hot. Our thing is, we go aobut twice a year and are DVC members. We have been on all the rides and attractions and we know we will go on them all again. There will be late times, but I think it is most important to pace yuorself and take it easy in the August Fla heat. We always drink plenty of fluids!

Upvote 0

Goofy36

Last year we started our trip the 15th of August to the 24th and it seemed once we passed over the mid way point of August the crowds disappeared. Our first week the line for Everest was ridiculous but when I visited the following week I rode 4 times in a row with maybe a 5-10 minute wait each time. Both visits were at the same time of day at park opening. I plan on starting our trip next year AFTER the middle of August!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are going from Aug 6th - 13th. I was curious about crowd levels as well. We usually go in July and once we went in early June. Are there still tour groups there in Aug?

August 3-12th Girl Scout Troop 703 will be there! lol We can't wait! But don't worry we won't be one of those out of control tour groups, we actually will be breaking up in small groups. But if you do see a group of nearly 40 wearing St.Louis Cardinals tshirts...you'll know you've seen us!

Upvote 0

RobVanDam

Okay So... I'm there August 8th - 14th...

Me and my brother LOVE to sleep in...

Does anyone recommend getting there just a bit after park opening or the Extra Magic Hours in the morning? Is it really worth waking up EARLY on your vacation?

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

I guess you can count us in - wondering about park attendence. We normally go Presidents Day week and late june/early july. I have seen some unbelieveable crowd numbers, so I'm not really sure what to expect. Going Aug 1-12, staying off-site first 4 nites, then at CBR the remainder.
Is it true that you can see EPCOT fireworks from outside the food court at CBR?
See you all down there!

Upvote 0

recrat

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the information. :kiss: Our plan is to go to the parks early...let the kids swim/shop/nap in the afternoon...visit parks in the early evening. Of course, this is our plan every trip and seems to work well. My wife and I were worried because we thought it would be more crowded by families trying to sneek one last trip in before school starts.

Hope to see you there...except for the Girls Scouts...I'll have to break out my Cubs shirts. Just Kidding!!!

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

I guess you can count us in - wondering about park attendence. We normally go Presidents Day week and late june/early july. I have seen some unbelieveable crowd numbers, so I'm not really sure what to expect. Going Aug 1-12, staying off-site first 4 nites, then at CBR the remainder.
Is it true that you can see EPCOT fireworks from outside the food court at CBR?
See you all down there!

Yes and it's awesome!!!!

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

We will be there the 12-19th at Beach Club, very very very excited!

That is the last week before the free dining promotion begins I believe, so hopefully us early August folks will beat the rush of free dining folks!

Upvote 0

RHeath2

August 5th through the 9th for us. We've gone in June and July, but never August. It will be an experience. However we're also going Sept. 29th through October 2nd for the 25th, so I'm hoping crowds in the other parks will be fairly light. (I'll probably sneak down there again a couple of times too...woo for being an AP holder, value resorts, and AirTran cheap fares!)

By the way, Dwarful, where abouts in Illinois are you? I'm in West-Central IL and go to U of I in Champaign.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom