August 2022 - 10th to 17th

SpykeYs

Hi,

I am tihnking of booking a last minute trip to Disney with my daughter. I am fully aware of the hot and humid weather and this is not a show stopper for me. That being said, what can I expect in terms of crowd level during that period ?

My understanding is schools in FL are starting on August 10th which I assume will help reduce crowds ?

Thanks,

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It's typically pretty crowded up through the last 2 weeks of August. Even then, it seems every day is packed anymore with backed-up vacations people are finally taking. I love traveling in August and used to go the last week and the crowds weren't bad. I would imagine plan for it being busy, but not holiday-level crowds! I just went over memorial day week and it wasn't bad at all!

Upvote 0

SamandplanningUK

Hi,

I am tihnking of booking a last minute trip to Disney with my daughter. I am fully aware of the hot and humid weather and this is not a show stopper for me. That being said, what can I expect in terms of crowd level during that period ?

My understanding is schools in FL are starting on August 10th which I assume will help reduce crowds ?

Thanks,

We've always visited in August, it is REALLY hot and humid and the thunder storms are daily but it's also great! To be honest, pretty much anytime is great to visit Disney so go for it!

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Thanks! Crowd management with covid has been very difficult to predict. That being said, I assume starting August 10th and knowing FL kids are back in school should help manage crowds.

Again, I'm perfectly fine with the August weather. This is absolutely not an issue for me.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The later in the month you go the better shot at lower crowds you have.
I'd expect it to still be a bit crowded the majority of those days.
I'm going the 22-26 this year and expect it will be relatively tame. Nothing compared to last year but I've been later in August a number of times and found it to be less crowded than earlier in the summer.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Here is touringplans crowd predictions:
BC5D37F8-408C-437E-92DA-7CE8AAE156A3.jpeg

E8BEE802-849C-457A-B259-226C6E10964D.jpeg

It’s hard to know specifics this year with the changes in how people are traveling. My family will be there over this week and we’re definitely hoping for smaller crowds, but it’s really hard to accurately predict these things.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

From my trip last September. The crowd level was posted as 2 to 3 while we were there but lines were a lot longer than crowd level should expect. There are still many Disney attractions and events that have not reopened. So it concentrates the crowds on the things that are open. I figured about 20 % of things were still closed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom