Auditions???

roiff

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a little while now and figured it might be worth posting this question.

I'm an improv actor living in Boston right now and I was wondering about auditions for spots at WDW. Does anyone know anything about the monthly open calls? Would it be worth my while to go all the way down to Disney for these auditions? Do they often hire people the first time that they see them?

Or even more specifically, does anyone know about auditions for Comedy Warehouse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks a ton,
MR

cm1988

Audition Hotline

In case MKTiggerMan doesn't see this post right away, here's a quote from the Disney site. The hotline number might have information on auditions closer to your home...

Auditions for WALT DISNEY WORLD
"Lights, camera, action...opportunities" are available for candidates wanting to pursue a career in entertainment. For more information, please visit http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/wdwcareers/entertainment. Be sure to click on the roles link as well.

For more information, you may call the Disney Audition Hotline at (407) 397-3220 or write:

Disney Auditions
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by roiff
Hey everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a little while now and figured it might be worth posting this question.

I'm an improv actor living in Boston right now and I was wondering about auditions for spots at WDW. Does anyone know anything about the monthly open calls? Would it be worth my while to go all the way down to Disney for these auditions? Do they often hire people the first time that they see them?

Or even more specifically, does anyone know about auditions for Comedy Warehouse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks a ton,
MR

A little thread drift, but I found the actors performing improv at The Adventurer's Club more entertaining than those at The Comedy Warehouse.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
All actors at WDW are members of the Actors' Equity Association (don't fret! if you don't have your card, Disney will pay for it!). The monthly open call auditions are fairly standard... 1 minute comic monologue (unless otherwise specified), headshot/resume, etc. The pay if I'm correct is $12.50/hr starting

roiff

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help.

One more question: when you go to the open calls, what positions are those for? If you are only interested in certain things is it possible to make that clear? Will that hurt your chances (i.e. is there some sort of hierarchy of positions that you have to work your way through?)

Thanks again,
MR

mkt

Premium Member
For open calls, they are casting for everything and anything. Any time they need a specialty role, they will announce an audition for that.

roiff

Original Poster
Can you give some examples of what anything and everything might be?

Do a lot of people usually come to these open calls?

Thanks again -- you all rock.

mkt

Premium Member
Can you give some examples of what anything and everything might be?

Do a lot of people usually come to these open calls?

Thanks again -- you all rock.

anything and everything..

example, from 1 audition, they've Cast: Green Army Man Sarge, MGM Streetmosphere, Epcot World Showcase Players, Adventureres Club, and more..

the number of people vary per audition.. some have been PACKED, some have been empty.

roiff

Original Poster
Cool. Last question (I promise):

How many hours per week can you expect to work as a performer? (i.e. if you work at The Adventurers Club do you also have a day job?) Is it worth relocating to Orlando for?

mkt

Premium Member
Cool. Last question (I promise):

How many hours per week can you expect to work as a performer? (i.e. if you work at The Adventurers Club do you also have a day job?) Is it worth relocating to Orlando for?

It varies, if you get a contract, they are either 2,3,4 or 5 day contracts. each day is 8 hours of pay, and with a contract you get full benefits. However, they also have a TON of subs

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by cm1988

Meaning... overtime is often available for those qualified?

no.. meaning they are prepared to deal with ANY staffing problems, should they arise

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by GoofyMike29
what about auditions for jobs that involve music instruments?

music auditions are the same as any standard professional musician audition. Bargaining is through AFM, and contracts are distributed like the actor contracts (on a base of days_

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom