audio-animatronics

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hello,
I am researching information on Audio-Animatronics. Do you know who is the inventor of Audio-Animatronics? Like the actual person that came up w/ it? Do you know where i could find this information

a disney nut,

Anna Elizabeth

Half of doing anything is believing you that can.

For every minute you spend angry, you lose sixty
seconds of happiness!

Some day my prince will come......

HAVE A VERY MAGICAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Physical beauty fades, but a beautiful heart lasts forever.

ºoº

" All it takes is a dream to become reality"
-Walt Disney

"Here is the world of imagination, hopes and dreams. In this timeless land of enchantment, magic and make-believe are reborn-and fairy tales come true."~Walt Disney

The book Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real has a section on the invention and progress of AA. I know the first one was called the "Dancing Man" and it was created by Walt Disney Imagineering(WDI). I belive Walt may have had a major role in it's invention, but I think you will find it will be created to a group of peopl not just one person.

blink148

dancing man

accordng to the book walt disney imagineering, walt disney asked animation art director ken anderson to develop a miniature dancing man, making ken the first imagineer. the "dancing man" mimmicked a film of buddy ebson dancing, and used mechanical cams hidden underneath the "stage" to move the figure

jmarc63

Re: dancing man

Originally posted by blink148
accordng to the book walt disney imagineering, walt disney asked animation art director ken anderson to develop a miniature dancing man, making ken the first imagineer. the "dancing man" mimmicked a film of buddy ebson dancing, and used mechanical cams hidden underneath the "stage" to move the figure

Well you statement on the dancing man is misleading.

The film with Buddy Ebsen was commisioned to help the imagineers create realistic movements for the dancing man. Just like when walt would bring in live animals for the animators to sketch for realisim like they did for Bambi. The film had Ebsen on a platform dancing against two walls placed on 90 deges to each other. each wall had a grid on them for reference and used two cameras to capture Ebsen from the front and the side. this same concept is used for taking minitures of the concepts and turning them into lifesized attractions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom