Attractions we hate are in best condition... Rides we love are in worst

maryszhi

i think disney needs to start "major rehabs" that take a year plus to complete. yes, it means picking and choosing, and for guests not having their fav. ride running will be negative, but in the long run it would be worth it.

DisneyWorldFred

It all has to do with funds for repairs on our most famous attraction rides some get attention quickly then others and that can be a disappoint. I rather have Splash Mountain as well Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain in working order. Seems they rather let Splash Mountain break down completely before repairing different things. It also has to do with technology too, some rides parts are harder to repair/replace then others that is why Disney wants to go to the new and improved technology like Universal Studio uses for its rides. I would be ed to find out that Test Trac was closed, that was one of my favorites. Hopefully it will look better when I go in Dec.

koryadams

Alright.. So it might just be me being a 14 year old looking for thrills.. But I'll get my opinion out.
You'd think with their worst attractions in best condition... Why isn't their best attractions in good condition as well? Just wondering.

I think the main problem is they are afraid to close those major attractions! When has Peter Pan ever closed? I mean yeah I pray nothing is closed when I go, so I was upset when thunder Mountain was closed when I went in April. And yes I noticed things like you did too and it makes me want to get a job just to go in 3rd shift and fix things!
A few things I have to kind of disagree with you on are Carousel of Progress. I don;t think it has ever not creaked and what do you mean boring? It's about progress...it hasn't ever changed. It is one of my favorites mainly because Walt created it! But I do agree on little tweaks in the last scene with all the latest technology and the house architecture should be more future is tic with more glass or something.
Again with the word boring for enchanted tiki room...maybe it's because your only 14 like you said. AT first, I will admit I hated how it went back to the original, BUT I never really saw the original, and I love bringing back original things and I enjoyed it!
Thunder Mountain-I love it and can't wait to ride it. Maybe use the fast pass service next time? (not trying to sound like a jerk) but I wouldn't have stood in line that long without trying to get a fast pass
Laugh Floor- I Love this attraction soooooo much! I don't know why people hate it! It made my day when they used my joke!
My next question is, do you have a report for the other parks? I would like to read about them!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I think the main problem is they are afraid to close those major attractions! When has Peter Pan ever closed? I mean yeah I pray nothing is closed when I go, so I was upset when thunder Mountain was closed when I went in April. And yes I noticed things like you did too and it makes me want to get a job just to go in 3rd shift and fix things!
A few things I have to kind of disagree with you on are Carousel of Progress. I don;t think it has ever not creaked and what do you mean boring? It's about progress...it hasn't ever changed. It is one of my favorites mainly because Walt created it! But I do agree on little tweaks in the last scene with all the latest technology and the house architecture should be more future is tic with more glass or something.
Again with the word boring for enchanted tiki room...maybe it's because your only 14 like you said. AT first, I will admit I hated how it went back to the original, BUT I never really saw the original, and I love bringing back original things and I enjoyed it!
Thunder Mountain-I love it and can't wait to ride it. Maybe use the fast pass service next time? (not trying to sound like a jerk) but I wouldn't have stood in line that long without trying to get a fast pass
Laugh Floor- I Love this attraction soooooo much! I don't know why people hate it! It made my day when they used my joke!
My next question is, do you have a report for the other parks? I would like to read about them!
'll

Yes maybe it's just me. But I do love Carousel of Progress. The only problem I had with that is that some of the audio is a little soft and a couple of the AA's need to be fixed with some small changes. I agree with Laugh Floor, it was the most hilarious I've seen it last time I've been on it!

Also, I wanted to get fastpasses for Thunder Mountain.. But they weren't valid until 9:00 PM at 1:00 in the afternoon and we wanted to get on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and alot of others before that time with fastpasses. We just couldn't make time to fit it in. The Tiki Room, I love the pre-show. But small things like the singing flowers and a couple of the pole faces are starting to not move as well as they used to. I can still say it's boring tho. That's just me.

I'll be in EPCOT tomorrow then I'll be heading home! :) Test Track is closed and there isn't much to do there anymore at the moment.. But I'll get through most of everything and get back to y'all on it.

JohnLocke

I think it just all depends on popularity and use. Most of the rides that are in worse shape, I don't know if I'd agree there are as many in just plain terrible shape as most of you, are those that are extremely popular and run for very long periods of time over the course of a day. The less popular either don't or have slightly newer or better tech.

I think that's one way I'd definitely go, if possible, I'd start replacing some of the animatronics here and there to some that are just newer/better designed.

koryadams

'll

Yes maybe it's just me. But I do love Carousel of Progress. The only problem I had with that is that some of the audio is a little soft and a couple of the AA's need to be fixed with some small changes. I agree with Laugh Floor, it was the most hilarious I've seen it last time I've been on it!

Also, I wanted to get fastpasses for Thunder Mountain.. But they weren't valid until 9:00 PM at 1:00 in the afternoon and we wanted to get on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and alot of others before that time with fastpasses. We just couldn't make time to fit it in. The Tiki Room, I love the pre-show. But small things like the singing flowers and a couple of the pole faces are starting to not move as well as they used to. I can still say it's boring tho. That's just me.

I'll be in EPCOT tomorrow then I'll be heading home! :) Test Track is closed and there isn't much to do there anymore at the moment.. But I'll get through most of everything and get back to y'all on it.
Oh okay! That makes sense! And Test Track will open in November now, but I will still get to check it out in December! I am excited to see it!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Oh okay! That makes sense! And Test Track will open in November now, but I will still get to check it out in December! I am excited to see it!

Well, here's your EPCOT update!

To my amazement.. EPCOT was in the most incredible condition EVER!!.................................................................................BAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! xD

Not really. Let's start with the best: World Showcase.

A bunch of high-dollar shops and beautiful scenery. What could go wrong with that? Everything was in very good condition based on scenery. We were too tired to check out Canada O' Canada or Reflections of China. The 3 Cabelleros Gran Fiest Tour is still in pretty good condition. All of it's effects work. Maelstrom, it was alright. Still confused on how you enter a burning town, then a troll forest, then a polar bear, then a water fall, then a oil station, then a nice town... weird. The AA's on that ride need a major update. And the ride was not worth it's 25 minute wait. The American Adventure houses 1,000 seats right? Sadly, at 2:00 PM there were just about 50 people in there. But the show was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Everything worked superb!! Although when we left the American Adventure this is what the cast member said and I quote: "Have a magical day at Epcot 'and all that crap'".

World Showcase is usually always in best shape.. but on the other side...

Future World... Since Test Track was closed (thankfully) I got to experience everything else that was outdated. Ellen's Energy Adventure, I remember I loved this. But it. is. OLD. The AA's were horrible. The film is completely just outdated by the characters appearances. Could be better with an upgrade. Circle of Life still sucks. Moving on. Living with the Land was decent. New AA's would be nice. Soarin', I don't see the complaint on the film. I'd complain more about the orange smells setting off every 5 minutes. Innoventions didn't really have anything in them with all the construction going on. Spaceship Earth was great as usual. The ending is quite hilarious depending on how you pose for your picture! Don't hate on the ending. I love it. Club Cool is always nice for drinks. The seas with nemo and friends.. everything worked right. Nothing special. Mission: Space is pretty boring. Only cuz I had to go on the tame side.

And let's just say everything in that section of the park is O-U-T-D-A-T-E-D. Like really bad.

Also.. It was Brazil tour group hell today! They sleep on the grounds within the park during the afternoon to give u an idea!

Hope this helped ya'll complain more :)

***And I am proud to announce the burning rome smell is there!

koryadams

Well, here's your EPCOT update!

To my amazement.. EPCOT was in the most incredible condition EVER!!.................................................................................BAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! xD

Not really. Let's start with the best: World Showcase.

A bunch of high-dollar shops and beautiful scenery. What could go wrong with that? Everything was in very good condition based on scenery. We were too tired to check out Canada O' Canada or Reflections of China. The 3 Cabelleros Gran Fiest Tour is still in pretty good condition. All of it's effects work. Maelstrom, it was alright. Still confused on how you enter a burning town, then a troll forest, then a polar bear, then a water fall, then a oil station, then a nice town... weird. The AA's on that ride need a major update. And the ride was not worth it's 25 minute wait. The American Adventure houses 1,000 seats right? Sadly, at 2:00 PM there were just about 50 people in there. But the show was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Everything worked superb!! Although when we left the American Adventure this is what the cast member said and I quote: "Have a magical day at Epcot 'and all that crap'".

World Showcase is usually always in best shape.. but on the other side...

Future World... Since Test Track was closed (thankfully) I got to experience everything else that was outdated. Ellen's Energy Adventure, I remember I loved this. But it. is. OLD. The AA's were horrible. The film is completely just outdated by the characters appearances. Could be better with an upgrade. Circle of Life still sucks. Moving on. Living with the Land was decent. New AA's would be nice. Soarin', I don't see the complaint on the film. I'd complain more about the orange smells setting off every 5 minutes. Innoventions didn't really have anything in them with all the construction going on. Spaceship Earth was great as usual. The ending is quite hilarious depending on how you pose for your picture! Don't hate on the ending. I love it. Club Cool is always nice for drinks. The seas with nemo and friends.. everything worked right. Nothing special. Mission: Space is pretty boring. Only cuz I had to go on the tame side.

And let's just say everything in that section of the park is O-U-T-D-A-T-E-D. Like really bad.

Also.. It was Brazil tour group hell today! They sleep on the grounds within the park during the afternoon to give u an idea!

Hope this helped ya'll complain more :)

***And I am proud to announce the burning rome smell is there!
OMG I hope you reported that cast member to guest relations! They need to be fired! I can't believe that!
I love the American Adventure!! But when ever I see it, there are more people, but never enough to fill up the entire theatre.
I can't wait for Test Track to reopen
Yeah, I only like World Showcase for the shops, buildings, and characters and the only 2 rides I ride are at the Norway and Mexico pavilion...I don't think I have ever seen the China movie or Norway one (walk on by) lol
I haven't seen Circle of Life like in forever, so I shall take a look at it
I don't do Universe of Energy because it's too long and I have done it before
I always make a crazy face on Spaceship earth with my bro and then film the video at the end! I love that!
I spent a lot more time in Innoventions in April, and it was ok, yeah they need more stuff in there, but the storm one was kind of cool to experience. I haven't done sum of all thrills, but I have done the Cyber Space Mountain at Disney Quest.
And about the people sleeping on the lawn, I hate that! My younger friends went on the school band trip, and took pics of picking up the grass and I freaked out because they were messing with the landscape
But all in all, I think there is a lot more at Epcot to complain about.
Will there be a Hollywood Studios update?

koryadams

Nope we were mainly in florida to work and we had 2 days for parks. One for MK and one for EPCOT.

Sadly, I'm back in South Carolina now ): Not till next year! Disney Hawaii cruise in October tho :)
I was looking forward to the other parks! BUT have a great Cruise!!! I will be in the World for the Holidays! (well the week before but close enough) :p:D

rct247

Here's the disappointing side.. Stitch's Great Escape. It's in the BEST condition. There were no flaws and the AA's were great. All effects worked. Plus.. It had such a long line that the extended queue was open with a 30 minute wait. I went when the line got down. Did you even know it had an extended queue??

Honestly, Stitch's Great Escape could be in better condition. They just hide all the stuff with lower lighting levels. The attraction needs a very deep cleaning. I will admit that at Stitch any problems with AA's are usually fixed very quickly (unlike some AA's at other attractions). However, if the attraction had a 30 minute wait, it probably means that one of the two theaters inside was not working. With two theaters, it usually eats people up creating no line. I wouldn't say Stitch is falling apart like some other attraction, but I wouldn't say it is in top-notch conditions either.

I also agree with what you said about some of the other attractions like Carousel of Progress and Peter Pan's Flight. They both need major refurbishments. CoP needs to send some of the old scenes to the Smithsonian, and create Carousel of Progress 2.0 starting in the 1950s and make it more about the history of computers rather than electricity. It would make it more relevant and keep it fresh for new audiences while still being true to the original concept. I mean lets face it, while it is an excellent tribute and history lesson, there are not many people who can recall living in the first two scenes anymore, but back when it opened in 1964 at the World's Fair, all the time periods were familiar to everyone. Peter Pan is a classic, but needs to be cleaned, repainted, and could perhaps use some improved special effects and audio-animatronics.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Honestly, Stitch's Great Escape could be in better condition. They just hide all the stuff with lower lighting levels. The attraction needs a very deep cleaning. I will admit that at Stitch any problems with AA's are usually fixed very quickly (unlike some AA's at other attractions). However, if the attraction had a 30 minute wait, it probably means that one of the two theaters inside was not working. With two theaters, it usually eats people up creating no line. I wouldn't say Stitch is falling apart like some other attraction, but I wouldn't say it is in top-notch conditions either.

I can most definately agree with you. But I've been on this attraction every single time I go to Disney both busy and non-busy seasons.. and I've never even seen the 2nd show room open. At all. The one that's only ever open is the one going to the left. Are ya'll sure they kept two theaters when the new show opened? Or maybe they realised that they didn't need to operate the other room because of it's low attendance?

Also, it all seemed spiffed up in the preshow rooms everything was still shiny and there wasn't anything wrong with like stickiness on handrails and stuff. Plus, idk about the handles and seats but in the main show room the floor seemed pretty clean cuz I used my iphone to see where I was walking haha

rct247

Yes, they use both theaters inside of Stitch's Great Escape daily unless there is an issue or if it is at the beginning or end of the day (due to attendance demands). The preshow rooms are typically fine; it's the theaters themselves that are disgusting.

ImagineerDude

Ok, now I feel stupid and childish, but I LOVE Jungle Cruise! Splash is my favorite, regardless if the random turtles and frogs decide to talk or not. We had an amazing skipper last Saturday. He was hanging out the boat, driving with his feet, interacting with people and he had a different script than what we had seen in the past few trips. I noticed some of the AA's (crocodiles, hippos) weren't the "same" and Disneyland's version in March didn't impress me anymore than WDWs. We also rode it at night which could have made a difference?

Tom Morrow

Just a thought - all of us probably know the "good rides" pretty well to the point where we can easily spot something broken, missing, or shoddy. But how well do we really know something like Stitch's Great Escape? I haven't even done it in years, so if I went in, unless something was blatantly obviously broken, I wouldn't know.

I'm not saying that the conditions are good though - the truth is probably more like ALL of the rides have problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom