Attractions to cool down and rest up

mickeypal1

Original Poster
What attractions do you look forward to for cooling off and catching your breath? Going in July, we find Ellen's Energy Adventure in Epcot a good place to rest up and cool off. In the Magic Kingdom we hit Philharmagic to cool down.

jsdratm

These are my personal favorites for sitting down and relaxing in air conditioning.

Magic Kingdom:
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress

Epcot:
The Land
Energy Adventure

mpoppins217

MK:
Carousel of Progress
TTA
Philharmagic

Epcot:
Universe of Energy
Spaceship Earth
Any of the films in world showcase

HS:
Great Movie Ride
Sounds Dangerous (nap time!)

Disneyfan2000

Magic Kingdom
TTA
Splash MT
Haunted Mansion
Mickeys Philliarmagic

EPCOT
Spaceship Earth
El Tempo De Rio-- or wht ever it is sorry! lol
Nemo

Disney HollyWood Studios
MuppetVision 3D
Tower OF Terror :sohappy:

Animal Kingdom
Nemo Musical
Dinosaur
Bugs life

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My favorites is Impressions de France in Epcot.

2209993462_ed0d93c83f_m.jpg

You get to sit in a comfy chair with a/c blasting as a gorgeous film with a beautiful score play before you. It gives me chills everytime I see it. Definitely a must see on every one of my trips even if I don't need to cool down or rest. :D

primetime52

GMR all the way. It's cool inside the show building and it's one of the longest rides in WDW. UOE is also a good one (and even longer than GMR).

Or you can ride Test Track a bunch of times until you get lucky and the ride breaks down while your car is in that freezer room.

bgraham34

Energy Adventure always makes me tired and I get a little nap out of it.
People Mover gives me a few minutes to rest my feet.

TTA (I always want to call it the wedway people mover) everytime!

Even been known to catch some :snore: on it when doing an 'all dayer'

:wave:

mousebymarriage

Magic Kingdom:

TTA (aka people mover)
Hall of Presidents
Country Bear Jamboree

Epcot:

SSE
The Land
Journey into the Imagination with Figment (he's so cute)
Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Muppet Vision 3D
PlayHouse Disney

Anima Kingdom:

It's Tough To Be A Bug

lpet11984

All I have to offer is a lot of repeat suggestions, but what the hey:

TTA is the best, hands down. I could just sit on here for hours going around Tomorrowland-- in fact, I have, it was great, and would highly recommend the experience to anyone. :) CoP is good too, but then I get that bloody song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Philharmagic is just one of those experiences that reminds you why you love Disney. Surprises around every turn, classic Disney characters, good natured and good humored. One of the two sensory theater experiences I will willingly sit though at WDW. (The other is Muppets 3D.)

SSE in Epcot is another one I could loop on for hours, although I haven't seen it after the refurb yet. I'd be willing to bed that it's still a good one, though.

Gotta agree with One Lil Spark too-- Impressions du France is *awesome*. Comfy chairs, fantabulous score (I'm a bit of a music geek by day), and some great film. (I do hope they update the movie though like they did in Canada-- you definitely get a sense of its age at times.)

Living with the Land is worth it just to see the Mickey pumpkins and the hidden Mickey in the test tubes in the lab. Good, green Disney fun for everyone on this relaxing boat ride.

Heading over to MGM, Muppets is simply classic. A must do on every trip. (See Philharmagic for other reasons.)

Last but not least over at AK, the Finding Nemo musical is probably my absolute favorite show down at WDW now. Entertaining from start to finish, the music is FABULOUS, and some very clever staging. You really feel like you're watching a Broadway production. The long wait you have to wait outside for the show because it's rightfully so popular isn't a fantastic "cool down, rest your feet" experience, but boy are you in for a treat when you get inside the building.

msmith

I also mainly have repeat suggestions... TTA is fun and enjoyable to just relax on for a little while...

I really like Living with the Land though... When I was a kid, on my 2nd trip to WDW, I was given the option to go through Living with the Land, or hang out in Innoventions (at least I think it was Innoventions back then (had a roller coaster creation game)). Anyway, I thought agriculture was dumb, and really love roller coasters so it was a no brainer. Afterwards however, my dad described it to me and the science geek in me started me wishing I had gone on it... Years later, I did go on it with my wife during our honeymoon and we enjoyed it... Now however, it is even better... It was the very first 'attraction' that my son went on @ at 23 months. We were concerned that he was going to cry and be upset, but my wife and I took turns bringing him on the boat ride while the other went on Soarin. He enjoyed it thoroughly and kept hollering about the pumpkins, fish, animals in the farm scene, etc...

jayrose

i think the relaxing rides are very important when planning out your day, they give you that second wind and u can basically just rest your legs.

the people mover in tomorrow land is a key ride and its cool tough because you basically get to c all of tomorrow land.

the train though is the ultimate, go around all of magic kingdom for as long as you want and you may even see a character or two on board.

LenYJr

What about the American Adventure, that has some of the best AC in Epcot.

And yeah, the TTA, Living with the Land & Ellen all were great for my brother and I on our last trip in August

Len Y

hpyhnt 1000

TTa for magic Kingdom is a classic, and the Hall of Presidents is great if you want to be inside.

Have to say Impressions de France for Epcot. SSE would be good if the vehicles weren't made of hard plastic and the track wasn't so rough. HISTA would be alright as well, along with Ellen's Adventure, Living w/Land, and The Seas w/Nemo. (Epcot has a lot, doesn't it? :lol:)

Muppets is a good one for DHS. GMR is nice too, except there isn't as much legroom as I would like to strech out.

I really don't have one for Animal Kingdom. ITTBAB would probably be the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom