Attractions that feature "canned" guest reactions

Since1976

Original Poster
ALIEN ENCOUNTER was notable for its clever use of a heckling guest on the binaural soundtrack ("That's my mother-in-law!"). It's likely the voice was added to soften the intensity of the experience for kids or otherwise jumpy guests. After all, how harmful could an attraction be if other people experiencing it are laughing and cracking jokes?

Are there any other attractions which feature "canned" guest reactions?

CoffeeJedi

Timekeeper did, people shouted something along the lines of "pick me" when he looked for volunteers, then a family of tourists would appear as a little hologram.

I believe Honey I Shrunk the Audience also has an audience at various places in the audio.

BuzzComplexCM

Stitch's Great Escape has some canned stuff, same purpose for Alien, try and tone it down. When I worked there, it sure was not working for Stitch!!!

I believe Honey I Shrunk The Audience may have some canned stuff as well, again to ease the kids and jumpy guests.

Let's see, besides Stitch, no other MK attractions have canned guest reactions.

EPCOT: Possibly HISTA and that's about it.

Disney/MGM: None of them do.

Animal Kingdom: Haven't been there that many times to know. I know, I know, it's been open for eight years now and I've been there a total of 4 times, maybe 5. I just don't like it as much as the original three.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The preshow for the Universe of Energy does, when Ellen asks what happens when someone falls asleep watching TV.

"A crick in the neck!"
"A Bad hair day!"
"A dream sequence!"

Since1976

Original Poster
Based on some source audio I've heard, I think that Tower of Terror may feature at least one fake female scream during one of the elevator's drops. Since most riders are screaming anyway, I guess it goes unnoticed.

JEDIsney

Doesn't Muppet Vision 3D have that?

After Bean runs away, Sweetums comes out and asks the audience if anyone has seen a bunny. I've listened to the audio of the entire show many times, and I'm pretty sure that they have kids in the audio saying "Bean!" and "There he is!", that sort of stuff.

BuzzComplexCM

JEDIsney said:
Doesn't Muppet Vision 3D have that?

After Bean runs away, Sweetums comes out and asks the audience if anyone has seen a bunny. I've listened to the audio of the entire show many times, and I'm pretty sure that they have kids in the audio saying "Bean!" and "There he is!", that sort of stuff.

YES you are right! Because no one in the audience does, I hate when guests don't interact when they're supposed to. So they threw in the track of the kids shouting "There he is". Good eye....er, ear.

Cinderella's Surprise Celebration had "guests" yelling for Cinderella not to open the bad present... or something near that. Definitely "Look out!"s and "Be Careful!"s.

Justa' BigKid

It might not be canned, but in pre show of the RNR someone used to yell "How 'bout some back stage passes!", but I haven't heard it yelled in a while.

bferrara16

Justa' BigKid said:
It might not be canned, but in pre show of the RNR someone used to yell "How 'bout some back stage passes!", but I haven't heard it yelled in a while.

When I was there in May a CM yelled that out... having not heard it the previous 3 times I went on RNR that day, I appreciated it all the more! I guess it went the way of having a "roadie" get the black Les Paul...

disneywy

Its Tough to be a Bug has some canned audio. There is a noise of a baby crying that happens everytime at both the DAK and the DCA version. I always forget where it is in the show, but when I am there, I don't miss it. I think it is around the time the termite shoots his acid on the audience.

DigitalDisney

Doesn't Space Mtn have artificial screaming piped in? I know it's in a Space Mtn source mp3 I have...

I'm pretty sure there's also fake audience screaming in HISTA (during the mouse scene)

zone15int

DigitalDisney said:
Doesn't Space Mtn have artificial screaming piped in? I know it's in a Space Mtn source mp3 I have...

I don't believe so....I have never heard any extraneus screams during any ride-throughs I have done alone on either track A or B.

zone15int

disneywy said:
Its Tough to be a Bug has some canned audio. There is a noise of a baby crying that happens everytime at both the DAK and the DCA version. I always forget where it is in the show, but when I am there, I don't miss it. I think it is around the time the termite shoots his acid on the audience.

Um I think you are almost correct. I worked at The Bug Show back in 2001 to 2002 and I believe the baby cries after the Termite-ator shoots at the "static" bug to the left of the screen. It screams, falls back and then the baby audio. This is from memory so I am not certain.

peter11435

zone15int said:
Um I think you are almost correct. I worked at The Bug Show back in 2001 to 2002 and I believe the baby cries after the Termite-ator shoots at the "static" bug to the left of the screen. It screams, falls back and then the baby audio. This is from memory so I am not certain.
You are correct.

brich

Lets not forget the live cans, er I mean uncanned humans serving in the fine SciFi while those brilliant movies are showing. Can't remember the last time I didn't hear CMs shouting on cue ... :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom