Attraction 'Salutes' to predecessor

jamesinorlando

Banned
Original Poster
Thought this might be an interesting thread to start:

When a Disney attraction is replaced with another, the imagineers usually go to some effort to include a 'salute' in the new attraction to the one that was there previously. 2 examples are:

Horizons/Mission: Space - Look at the big wheel like module during the line for the ride, in the middle is the badge that belonged to Horizons

Mr Toad's Wild Ride/ The Many Adventues Of Winnie The Pooh - Look above the ride entrance and you can see a small model of Mr. Toad handing over the deeds for the attraction to Pooh

What other ones can we come up with?

James -x-

Chernabog

No exactly the same...but there is a statue of Mr Toad in the pet graveyard of Haunted Mansion since Mr Toad's Wild Ride is dead here. Also the sign of toad handing over the deed is in the attraction not above. It's on the left side of the room when you enter Owls' house. Directly after that on the right on the floor is another picture of Mole with...some Pooh character. I forget who.

Good topic though!:D

metscool

There has to be some in Test Track for the World of Motion. I just can't think of anything right now. Ansd if I thik of anything I will post it.

darthjohnny

In Disneyland, they have some old talking animal heads from the Country Bear Jamboree in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, which replaced the Bears in Critter Country.

From Miceage.com: The white car elevated on blocks, seen near the start of the queue for Test Track, was used in the previous pavilion to stand on this spot, the World of Motion. That attraction celebrated the evolution of mankind's ability to travel on the ground, and in particular the role played by the automobile. While the car was displayed as a normal-looking street model in World of Motion, for Test Track's queue it has been stripped down just to its skeleton.

CoffeeJedi

There has to be some in Test Track for the World of Motion.
I believe one of the cars from WoM is used in the queue, but its stripped down to a bare chassis. edit: oh, looks like the Sith beat the Jedi in the fastest post contest :)

At the end of Ellen's Energy Adventure, they say the slogan, "Energy: You Make the World Go 'Round" which was the ending theme song to the original Universe of Energy show.

In the current Imagination, there's a door marked "Dean Finder", but hopefully that won't last long :)

yeti

Well, in DL's BTM, when you go through the town at the very end, that is a part of the set that was used in BTM's previous attraction, Mine Train through Natures Wonderland.

Also, before Critter Country came in DL, that land was called Bear Country. Bear Country's landmark was a cave you couldn't enter that had a sleeping bear inside. Now, when you ride Splash Mountain, when you pass Brer Bear's house, you can hear the same soundtrack exept it's Brer Bear's snoring.

http://www.yesterland.com/bearcountry.html

And of couse, the AA's in SM at DL were taken from America Sings, but who doesn't know that..:lookaroun

Epcot82Guy

hmm... here are a few not mentioned:

Innoventions West behind the character connection has the communicore logo on the carpeting. This is more a left-over than a placement, but it works.

The Land pavilion plays Listen to the Land in various styles outside the pavilion. Journey into Imagination did the same thing with Little Spark (one version), but it is now back in the attraction.

AE, before it closed, had a listing for Mission to Mars: Fact or Fiction? on the screens as an upcoming event. Now, that is gone, but Skippy still remains in Stitch's Great Mistake (again, a left over).

Cmdr_Crimson

In Mousegears look up and you can find Dreamfinder's Dreamship...minus the chair Dreamfinder sat in and Figment but you can surely tell it's the dreamship.

As for Test Track- I could be off but isn't the building itself still the old WoM building? Also I do believe an AA was left and is now the Driver of the Semi once going into the tunnel?

I wonder since I didn't have too much of a chance to wander through the Land pavillion was there any Homage to Kitchen Kaberet or Food Rocks since Soarin took over it?

mrtoad

No, but in the que some of the posters were based upon the old Mickey Mouse Revue, which moved to tokyo and the lion king replaced it there. Like the three cabeilleros poster and the three little pigs poster.

http://www.tdrfan.com/tdl/fantasyland/mickey_mouse_revue/index.htm

True but the Lion King show was not what replaced MMR, it was a 3D movie called Magical Journeys I believe. At least I know that was in between MMR and the LK show. Not sure if any others were in between.

DigitalDisney

Let's see...

The current Tiki Room show has elements and lines from the original version. Not sure if that counts or not...

The deporable Stitch show has Skippy, from Alien Encounter. Not sure if that was a tribute, or a cost-cutting measure (or both)

This isn't exactly a tribute, but the southwest corner of Innoventions looks just like Communicore did. It's got the same Communicore carpetting, and those awesome cloth walls.

On a related note, the jumping fountains area of Imagination is largely unchanged and extremely dated. Not a tribute, just a note.

I've been told that some video from Mission to Mars plays in the ISTC control center. Allegedly it's the scene where the bird flies into the camera. I have yet to see it myself, but my brother swears by it.

Is there anything from Dreamflight in Buzz? I can't recall ever seeing anything, but it definately needs a tribute of some sort, since Dreamflight was a cult classic.

mrtoad

Is there anything from Dreamflight in Buzz? I can't recall ever seeing anything, but it definately needs a tribute of some sort, since Dreamflight was a cult classic.

Dreamflight was just the updated version of If You Had Wings which was the classic...

I don't think there is anything in there as a tribute.

Captain Hank

I have seen the video of the bird landing in the ISTC control center. It plays every so often on one of the control panels.

--Several former Tomorrowland songs are in the current Tomorrowland background music loop, including "If You Had Wings" and "Miracles from Molecules" (from Disneyland's Journey Through InnerSpace).

--The Journey Into Imagination logo (looks like a camera iris) is in the background of the "Figment's Place" banner.

--Tom Morrow is paged on the TTA. Tom Morrow, while being a play on the word "tommorrow," was also a character in Mission to Mars.

--Some of the machines in the hallway between the pre-show and main show of Stitch's Great Escape still have X-S Tech logos on them.

--The Mighty Microscope from Disneyland's Journey Through InnerSpace is visible in the lower-right corner of the mantenance hangar in the first scene of Star Tours. Star Tours replaced JTIS in Disneyland.

To my knowledge, there are no references to Kitchen Kabaret or Food Rocks, aside from having "Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit" playing in the BGM of one of the Food and Wine festival pavilions.

Edit: one I just noticed today: In one section of the TTA, you can see an advertisment for "Pan Galactic Pizza." Pan Galactic Pizza is a restaraunt in Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Chape19714

Mr. Johnson was a charactor in Earth to the Moon attraction, he now gives the traffic report on the TTA

TT is the WoM building.

M:S has a tribute in the gift shop, register 2, I believe

Pooh's house has a picture of Pooh with Mole on TmAoWTP

That's all for now

Epcot82Guy

Mr. Toad appears in the Haunted Mansion graveyard (officially admitting he is dead - sad).

There was a left over in Food Rocks - the moon that the Queen of Sole rode was the same Bonnie Appetit rode in the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit scene. The backstage room also maintained quite a bit of its character.

Interestingly, the double door at the exit of Soarin' is one of the few elements of that area that actually still exists in its original location after the Soarin' construction.

mrtoad

Mr. Toad appears in the Haunted Mansion graveyard (officially admitting he is dead - sad).

There was a left over in Food Rocks - the moon that the Queen of Sole rode was the same Bonnie Appetit rode in the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit scene. The backstage room also maintained quite a bit of its character.

Interestingly, the double door at the exit of Soarin' is one of the few elements of that area that actually still exists in its original location after the Soarin' construction.

Where in the graveyard? Outside or in the attraction? Specifically where and when did he arrive there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom