Attraction height and age restrictions

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's a little outdated, it still has Alien Encounter and Body Wars on there. But also, even in Fantasyland for Tea Cups and Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Dumbo, etc. there are restrictions so keep that in mind.

Its up to date, but I keep the old attarctions on there for historical purposes. There isnt a height requirement for Tea Cups, Pooh, Dumbo or Snow White.

PLeyava

Its up to date, but I keep the old attarctions on there for historical purposes. There isnt a height requirement for Tea Cups, Pooh, Dumbo or Snow White.

Oh yes there is, I work on them.

Example:

A 6 year old wants to ride Snow White but mom does not, the six year old then needs to be with someone either 16 years old (or older) OR with someone who is 54'' tall or taller and 7 years old or older. Same for Tea Cups, Pooh, Dumbo, etc.

It is confusing, but it's there.

PLeyava

I guess to add, as long as the child is accompanied by their parents (or older brother, sister, etc.) then no, there is no height or age limit. These rules only apply if they want to ride alone.

Main Street USA

I guess to add, as long as the child is accompanied by their parents (or older brother, sister, etc.) then no, there is no height or age limit. These rules only apply if they want to ride alone.
I gotta say, you have to be pretty far from intelligent to even consider letting your 6 year old ride ANYTHING by themselves. If any common sense is used whatsoever, Steve's "no height requirement" comment is correct.

Lbg206

I gotta say, you have to be pretty far from intelligent to even consider letting your 6 year old ride ANYTHING by themselves. If any common sense is used whatsoever, Steve's "no height requirement" comment is correct.

Wow, I totally disagree. Now I've never been to Disney with young kids....other than when I was a kid, but my cousins for example who are 4 and 6 go to Holiday World in IN. frequently and they ride a lot of the rides themselves. My aunt and uncle don't like anything that spins in circles so the kids ride them by themselves. Now they'd never let them ride a "big" ride or roller coaster or anything alone, but rides that are similar to Dumbo, Tea Cups, Magic Carpets, etc. are ones they do by themselves all the time. They will be going to Disney for the first time this Oct. and don't know if they'd let them ride alone or not, but they won't have to worry about it since I'm going along and love riding everything with them.

Main Street USA

Wow, I totally disagree. Now I've never been to Disney with young kids....other than when I was a kid, but my cousins for example who are 4 and 6 go to Holiday World in IN. frequently and they ride a lot of the rides themselves. My aunt and uncle don't like anything that spins in circles so the kids ride them by themselves. Now they'd never let them ride a "big" ride or roller coaster or anything alone, but rides that are similar to Dumbo, Tea Cups, Magic Carpets, etc. are ones they do by themselves all the time. They will be going to Disney for the first time this Oct. and don't know if they'd let them ride alone or not, but they won't have to worry about it since I'm going along and love riding everything with them.
Agree to disagree. 4 and 6 is way too young to assume they'd be responsible enough to be alone.

Lbg206

Agree to disagree. 4 and 6 is way too young to assume they'd be responsible enough to be alone.

Well it's not like you can't see them. I'm not talking about rides like the Haunted Mansion or Pirates. I mean rides similar to Dumbo, Teacups, etc....rides that are out in plain view where they can walk on then walk ride back to you. I don't see the big deal, especially with these kids since they act more like 50 than 5 in the maturity department.

erinshaneb

And some people need to remember that just bcuz their kid is tall enough doesn't mean they should ride..my daughter will be 4 when we take her in September and will be over 40" tall..She is tall enough for some things, but i think it will ruin the experience if we scare her..I personally thing Tower of Terror is too much although she fits in the height requirement..I have to keep telling my dad and husband that..

erinshaneb

THANK YOU everyone..my dd went to the doc on Monday is she 41" tall..so there isn't much she can't ride..it will just be a matter of "reining" in hubby..lol..I am gonna let her take the lead and tell me what she is comfortable with..i am just a little concerned she will want to get on something, hubby will take her and it will scare the bejeesus out of her and she will be scared the rest of the trip..

Uncle Lupe

^
I was just copy/paste to save typing, not trying to link but thanks. :D A few friends are at the World and are having trouble getting on rides with their 2 year old. Are just having to do ride swap with the older kid did not understand why. :shrug: I would think the rides above would be rides for all ages? Any answers would be helpful.

We are taking our then 2 1/2 year old for his first visit in September 2011 and I was concerned about age restrictions. I could not find anything about age restrictions on the official WDW webpage only height restrictions. I went ahead and actually called Disney and was told that there are NO age restrictions only height restrictions (as long as the child is riding with an adult).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom