Attending Epcot's 30th Anniversary! Anyone else?

Mike K

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my excitement with people who love Disney as much as I do. I just successfully booked my first solo trip to WDW! I'll be staying for a week from September 29th-October 6th. I'm staying at the Art of Animation Resort where I'll be placed in the "Little Mermaid" section of the hotel. I'm incredibly excited to experience Disney World on my own after hearing so many positive stories about the solo experience. In addition, celebrating Epcot's 30th Anniversary and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween is going to be a real blast. Anyone else attending Epcot's 30th?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Trying to schedule it in right now...have just enough points (DVC) to do 4 days in a studio. Just have to work out the schedule at home. If I do come, I'll probably add two nights at a value, then move for 4 more at a DVC resort. Keeping fingers crossed that it works out! Really enjoyed the 40th for the MK last October.

Upvote 0

Mike K

Original Poster
For all those that attended WDW's 40th Anniversary, what do you think we can expect for Epcot's 30th? I've never had the pleasure of being present for one of these engagements so I'm really looking forward to experiencing this one. How far in advance do you think we'll get an official word of the events for the day? Thanks in advance guys!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For all those that attended WDW's 40th Anniversary, what do you think we can expect for Epcot's 30th? I've never had the pleasure of being present for one of these engagements so I'm really looking forward to experiencing this one. How far in advance do you think we'll get an official word of the events for the day? Thanks in advance guys!
For the 25th the did a re-dedication ceremony in the morning, there was a presentation done by Marty Skylar and a special tag for Illuminations. They also had special day one replica maps, pins, merchandise and played the original background music. I would expect something similar for the 30th.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
For the 25th the did a re-dedication ceremony in the morning, there was a presentation done by Marty Skylar and a special tag for Illuminations. They also had special day one replica maps, pins, merchandise and played the original background music. I would expect something similar for the 30th.

I will be there and anything close to this would be awesome.

Upvote 0

Mike K

Original Poster
Yeah, I'm really excited to be there for this. I guess time will tell as to what we can really expect on October 1st. Unrelated, but "Frankenweenie" comes out on October 5th. Does anyone think there will be some kind of a special screening for the film on property? Didn't DL do something similar just recently for "John Carter"?

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Wanted to go...

We wanted to go and celebrate our 15th Anniversary (10-4) and the EPCOT 30th, but we also wanted to stay @ the POLY. It was cheaper (free dining) to go Sept. 23-29. They have The Food and Wine festival beginning on Sept. 28 as well! Of course there is also MNSSH, but that is an extra expense that my husband won't pay!:( Oh well, at least we're at the POLY for the 1st time.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mike K

Original Poster
This solo trip is sounding better and better by the day. Epcot's 30th for starters plus I'm planning on attending Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween event again. I had such a blast last year during my first time so I'm glad I'm getting another opportunity to attend. Anyone else planning to hit up MNSSH while vacationing that week?

Upvote 0

chimo2u

We'll be there Sept 28- Oct 4, then hopping over to Universal for three nights (4,5,6) before heading home. Oct 1 was supposed to be our Epcot day, but now with the predicted crowds and birthday busyness, we've decided to do Discovery Cove that day instead. I hate massive crowds, so hopefully by Tue Oct 2, things will have calmed down again and we can tour easier :)
We will also be attending our first MNSSHP on Sept 30! Really looking forward to the party!

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:eek: it's been 5 years already since the 25th? Good golly time flies when you're having fun.

...I would *love* to be there, but I'm trying to pay down debt so I can eventually MOVE to FL.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm hoping to be there! I've got a studio booked at Saratoga Springs, just waiting to find out if my hubby can get off work. We were at the 25th and it would be nice to be there for the next milestone, too, even if we can only manage a long weekend (Fri-Tues)

If we go, we'll be registering for the WDWCelebrations celebration! Who will we see at the dessert party? :wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm hoping to be there! I've got a studio booked at Saratoga Springs, just waiting to find out if my hubby can get off work. We were at the 25th and it would be nice to be there for the next milestone, too, even if we can only manage a long weekend (Fri-Tues)

If we go, we'll be registering for the WDWCelebrations celebration! Who will we see at the dessert party? :wave:
:wave:

Upvote 0

828tnt

i'm hoping to be there with my wife and baby elias!

we're booked 9/28 - 10/5!!! and with some springtime cabin fever kicking in, my vacation excitement is just about at a 9.5 today!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom