Attendance sinking on the West Coast too?

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
Hello!

There’s been a thread for WDW for a few years saying that it seems that attendance is falling, is it now true for the West Coast as well?

Here are the current wait times for Disneyland on a weekend at 4 PM. Keep in mind Splash And haunted mansion are down for summer meaning other attractions should have longer waits….

Is the kids and adult ticket deal not enough to lure people in?

IMG_6631.png
IMG_6630.png

Attachments

• IMG_6630.png
    IMG_6630.png
    464.8 KB · Views: 8

tanc

I'm going mid September since the price finally went down, and the 3 day deal is even less with a Sam's membership. I saved $40 just purchasing through Sam's instead of Disney. Considering this deal has been out for a while now, I'm a bit surprised by the waits. I wonder if Oogie Boogie Bash will be crowded or not when I go to it. Hotels kinda seemed a bit expensive though, and nothing on Disney property was really open.

MarvelCharacterNerd

As noted, summer has been the "slow season" for a while now because of pass blockouts.

However, I went to DLR on Father's Day and you could have bowled through the place it was so empty. I walked into Flo's at prime dinner hour and there was NO ONE IN LINE.

Since Cars Land opened, I have never seen Flo's with no one in line where I could walk right up to the registers even at non-prime eating hours, much less straight up at dinnertime.

Seriously. It's the blockouts.

And the overpricing.

And the major ride closures.

And the really lackluster Pixar Fest.

Rich T

View attachment 795748
A year old E ticket attraction currently a 10 min wait a few days before July 4th. Wow!

Remember for the first year of this ride, this was a paid lighting lane attraction that could go for over an extra $20 a person?
Personally, I think MMRR never was an E-ticket. I think it’s a one-and-done mediocre ride that substitutes projected cartoons for anything exciting or involving. Maybe others feel the same.

Last edited:

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
As noted, summer has been the "slow season" for a while now because of pass blockouts.

However, I went to DLR on Father's Day and you could have bowled through the place it was so empty. I walked into Flo's at prime dinner hour and there was NO ONE IN LINE.

Since Cars Land opened, I have never seen Flo's with no one in line where I could walk right up to the registers even at non-prime eating hours, much less straight up at dinnertime.

And the overpricing.

Yes the crowds really are so light lately. And you’d think with this major discount for summer tickets crowds would pick up, but I really think Disney has severely damaged their reputation with the drastic ticket prices last few years.

Also interesting to note there stock price is down almost 25% since they announced Peltz won’t be joining the board, there stock going back down….

The next earnings call will not be good.

Rich T

And the overpricing.

My opinion is that more and more people are reaching the conclusion that a day at a Disney Park—the way they’re currently being run—just isn’t worth the cost. Stinking the places up with greedy upcharges, virtual queues and underwhelming new offerings doesn’t help.

Also: Maleficent on a stick.

IanDLBZF

Also interesting to note there stock price is down almost 25% since they announced Peltz won’t be joining the board, there stock going back down….
Peltz I doubt will have any intent to join the board. If there's any type of intervention I see, it'll probably be fan-lead at the very least.

Consumer

I was hoping to visit on the Fourth, but unfortunately that fell through. Seeing these low numbers makes me even sadder I'll be missing out. Oh well, at least Disney isn't getting my money.

Disney Analyst

When we visited last week, Wednesday and Thursday were very busy. Crowded walkways, Rise hitting 90-120 minutes, Radiator Springs similar. Etc etc.

Friday and Saturday were very manageable, like so very different than the two days before. But I had heard for many years that the weekends in the summer are where it’s at, and that seems to be true. Don’t go on a weekday.

PiratesMansion

It has also been true over the last several years that weekends in the summer were typically less crowded than weekdays because of higher individual ticket pricing over the last several years AND more pronounced AP blockouts, even if we have not yet reached the point that all are simply blocked out for summer. .

I regularly visit in the summer, and there was a pronounced difference in crowds Fri-Sun vs. the rest of the week over the last few years (considerably busier Mon-Thurs).

Andrew25

At WDW, Mondays & Tuesdays are some of the busier days compared to what you'd assume would be a busy Friday/Saturday. It's bizzare

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom