Attendance Disney up--Universal down

Magicot

Any word on Dollywood's attendance?:D

MissM said:
The universal commercials feature kids that need a serious attitude adjustment and some parental teaching like manners.

:lookaroun Um, I think those kids are just acting . . .

Captain Chaos

Forget the commercials... A commercial does not influence me one way or the other... I don't care for the Universal commercials... They can attack Disney all they want.. Fact is, they are a thrill park.. With no magic.... And it is becoming obvious, with the steady decline in attendance, Universal lacks what it takes to get visitors to its parks...

Some like Universal, some hate Universal.. I hate it and will not go.. Why? because I think it sucks... but that is my opinion... And it had nothing to do with the commercials....

Beatles_Girl

When i go to Orlando i always visit all the major parks, and universal is a really good one, but they've lost their essence, they're focussing too much in the young people, and any person should know that the big investments comes from people from 28 and up, and most of them have family... so they dont enjoy scarying thrills....:dazzle:

I remember the good old days with King Kong and The Ghostbusters, and you can take pics of Lucy and Desi Arnaz, Charlie CHaplin, Marily Monroe, and much more....

I live in Panama, so i havent see those tv ads that they have...but ill try to find them to put my opinion....But if they're as offensive as you say, thats really bad!!! you cant mess with disney!!! we grew up with those characters!! :mad:

TomDisney

The biggest thing is Universal has not done anything new since the Mummy ride which opened 2 years ago. By comparision, look how much new stuff has come to Disney....if Universal wants to be competitive, they need to concentrate on creating new attractions rather than resting on their laurels after the opening of IOA.

brisem

Original Poster
TomDisney said:
The biggest thing is Universal has not done anything new since the Mummy ride which opened 2 years ago. By comparision, look how much new stuff has come to Disney....if Universal wants to be competitive, they need to concentrate on creating new attractions rather than resting on their laurels after the opening of IOA.

Good point.

Does Universal have any more space that they can expand on?

jozzmenia

I agree with whoeer said it's the age market problem. Universal is great for my age group (26) anyone from like 13-40 basically, but they missed the young children and elderly people market. I know they have some kiddie rides, but there's no reason for young children to go their instead of Disney, and I don't know why on Earth an elderly person would want to go there. And that market is exhausted, as in, if you're in the 13-40 age group you'll have a blast, but with nothing new, why keep coming back? I go about once a year and that's enough. Not bashing Universal because I have a blast there, they just need some new things.

As for the commercials, they do work on SOME people, because for my boyfreind who's never even been to Orlando, he's sold on Universal and it solidified his previous thoughts that Disney is just fairy tales and pixie dust for the babies. :brick:

jozzmenia

TomDisney said:

doesn't Fear Factor Live count? I think it was supposed to be a bigger hit than it turned out to be...

MSTINKHERBELL01

Hi guys! I visit WDW 1-2X a month (staying onsite all the time) and Universal 1 or 2x every 2/3 years.With that said, I am visiting the Universal Resort this weekend FRI-SUN satying at the HardRock Hotel. What I find about Universal/IoA that I am not too excited about are the times that the park closes. I'm staying onsite so the Express Pass will make sure we do all that we want but 7pm is early especially with it being Memorial weekend.

I had a great time recently at Universal with our 7 yr old and I try not to compare it to WDW because it really wouldnt be fair. To me, I am a die hard Disney fan who visits soooooo often and love the Magic of it all. Universal just is not my idea of magic but it's a neat place and I had and will have a great time there with my family. I can understand why Disney attracts more people...more familes. Anyhow, Toodles!:wave:

jozzmenia

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Hi guys! I visit WDW 1-2X a month (staying onsite all the time) and Universal 1 or 2x every 2/3 years.With that said, I am visiting the Universal Resort this weekend FRI-SUN satying at the HardRock Hotel. What I find about Universal/IoA that I am not too excited about are the times that the park closes. I'm staying onsite so the Express Pass will make sure we do all that we want but 7pm is early especially with it being Memorial weekend.

I had a great time recently at Universal with our 7 yr old and I try not to compare it to WDW because it really wouldnt be fair. To me, I am a die hard Disney fan who visits soooooo often and love the Magic of it all. Universal just is not my idea of magic but it's a neat place and I had and will have a great time there with my family. I can understand why Disney attracts more people...more familes. Anyhow, Toodles!:wave:

I'm going that same weekend. The website says their open until 8pm on Friday and Monday and until 9 on Saturday and Sunday. Am I missing something with this 7 thing? :confused: I don't mind the times. I get there when they open and 12 hours is more than enough time with either park. Then there's time to see a movie or get ready to hit the clubs. That's what people do in the age group that universal caters to.

MSTINKHERBELL01

jozzmenia said:
I'm going that same weekend. The website says their open until 8pm on Friday and Monday and until 9 on Saturday and Sunday. Am I missing something with this 7 thing? :confused: I don't mind the times. I get there when they open and 12 hours is more than enough time with either park. Then there's time to see a movie or get ready to hit the clubs. That's what people do in the age group that universal caters to.

I think the time frame was 7pm for her trip. I just took a glance and it does state 8 and 9 like you mentioned for this weekend. I am traveling w/ my 7 yr old for his b-day and he loves Universal and all the thrill rides. He's taller than me so he get's to enjoy the rides with my gf. I have to admit that if he were not going w/ my gf and I would be at City Walk partying my 27 yr old bunns off :lol:. Have Fun...I know we will.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Off topic a bit...I recently found out that Universal/Ioa has Character breakfasts. I thought this was quite cool and I will be trying out the Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, and Thing 1 & 2 breakfast this weekend with my cutie.

Being a Character breakfast WDW fan I am eager to experience Universal/IoA's take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom