Attack of the Killer Cheerleaders

NWDisney

Apparently, there is some sort of cheerleading competition scheduled during our trip.
(In the middle of the school year? Are kids never in school?! )

Anyone know what exactly are we getting ourselves into here?
From what I can tell, they all stay over in All Star Sports, but I imagine they must eventually leave the confines of the hotel, right?

CaptainAmerica

You might see their groups but it shouldn't be too much of a nuisance. In the past, they've had a dedicated night where Hollywood Studios closes early and they have the whole park to themselves. If they do that this year, avoid DHS for the entire day, since they enter before the park closes to regular guests.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoy

We've been when they are there as well. They're not in the parks too much during the day. They're usually preoccupied doing whatever cheerleaders do. After a certain point they do show up in the parks. And they will let you know. They cheer just about everywhere they go and they take a lot of group pictures where ever they are. And then cheer about the picture. They're easy to avoid and ignore usually though. And they don't usually tend to be rude. So it's not as bad as say the SouthAmerican tour groups I've had to deal with.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I almost stayed in 2014 during some sort of Pop Warner cheering competition. While the kids would be busy during the day, I didn't want to deal with the crowds/noise/craziness at the resort at night and/or the parks at night. I was very happy I was able to move my reservation.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I was there for Pop Warner last year. I was told I wouldn't notice them. At the beginning of the week I didn't. Midweek, they were everywhere!
When we stayed in WDW in November of 2014, there was some sort of Lacrosse functioning going. Likewise things were fine in the beginning but then more and more they were everywhere. We were at the tail end of our vacation when things were really becoming noticeable so it wasn't a huge deal for us.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would assume during the day they are at ESPN for competition or whatever they are doing. But yeah, avoid whichever park may have a special party for them. We were staying at CBR when a small group of them stayed at the resort. Wasn't too bad, but avoid the food court at typical breakfast time.

Upvote 0

midwest_mice

The groups usually aren't too bad, most are well behaved. You'll have your bad apples in a few select groups. We stayed at Carribean Beach back in '08 during the competition and the group near us was very loud a few of the nights, sometimes late in the night. Otherwise in the parks they aren't bad.

Upvote 0

Hulacat

We have had the "pleasure" of dealing with large groups of teens who were largely unsupervised at POR- I wonder if we could find a source who cold confirm that we will or won't be faced with packs of teens (cheer or otherwise, they are all universally LOUD) at Port Orleans Riverside from April 21 to April 24? Thanks in advance for any help:cat:

Upvote 0

NWDisney

Original Poster
We have had the "pleasure" of dealing with large groups of teens who were largely unsupervised at POR- I wonder if we could find a source who cold confirm that we will or won't be faced with packs of teens (cheer or otherwise, they are all universally LOUD) at Port Orleans Riverside from April 21 to April 24? Thanks in advance for any help:cat:

The cheerleaders on that weekend are at All Star and Coronado Springs, according to their travel package.
Don't know about any other herds of feral children.

Upvote 0

MagicRat

The cheerleaders on that weekend are at All Star and Coronado Springs, according to their travel package.
Don't know about any other herds of feral children.

Been reading this stuff for years and the cheerleader thread brought me out from lurking. It appears now through April is a popular time for them as we go every April and they are there. I know it is a moneymaker for the parks but it is annoying. Went from a them doing a triangle blocking the bridge at animal kingdom to a dif. group using the lawn by the boat dock at Boardwalk. The instructor was screaming at them for poor practice, my kids were playing there as most guests of the hotel do. The yelling was worse than a football coach. Another guest sitting up at the balcony contacted the manager about the screaming, she came out and said to them and myself it is a big deal for the company now and soon they will move along. Next time I will buy a soccer ball and a bud light and will practice right next to them. I would much rather have the South Americans as I only see the parade of them at the parks and not at the resorts.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

My only encounter with the cheerleaders was riding the monorail, a mother noticed on my Boston accent. We discussed New England and how beautiful it was in the fall. The cheerleader daughter, from San Diego, commented how she had never seen snow. I told her she wasn’t missing a thing.

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I have been to Walt Disney World twice when there was cheerleading compaction going on. I would not even have noticed if there had not been groups of young ladies all dress the same in the parks. Never had a problem with them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom