Atlantic Dance hall??

the-reason14

I'm looking to venture on over to this 'club' on my upcoming trip in January but I have a few questions/concerns.

1. Easiest way to get there? I'm thinking since there's no direct bus other than from a theme park, then my best bet would be to either go to a theme park or Dtd and then hop a bus to the boardwalk. Or go to mgm and walk? I'll be staying at pop half century and in my mind I'm thinking it'll be easiest to walk but that's why I'm posting this.

2. Attire? Any kind of special dress code I need to follow to be allowed in? Or can I just come in my 'theme park' clothes with a backpack baseball cap and shorts in tow?

3. Getting in? Any difficulties getting in for whatever reason? I'm 21 so I'm thinking all I'd need is an ID then I'm good, but are there any more 'tricks?'

Well that's it for now, and thanks for reading. I'll be heading to WDW in January and looking to try something new so I hope I can get some help. Thanks in advance.

luckyeye13

1. Easiest way to get there? I'm thinking since there's no direct bus other than from a theme park, then my best bet would be to either go to a theme park or Dtd and then hop a bus to the boardwalk. Or go to mgm and walk? I'll be staying at pop half century and in my mind I'm thinking it'll be easiest to walk but that's why I'm posting this.

Yes, as long as that theme park isn't Epcot or Disney's Hollywood Studios, since buses don't travel from there to Boardwalk, you can do that. Also, Animal Kingdom likely wouldn't work, either, since you'll probably be headed over to Boardwalk well after DAK has closed. Of the options you mentioned, taking the bus to Studios and then walking or taking the Friendship Boat to the Boardwalk would be the best one, as it doesn't require the backtracking that would occur if you went from Pop Century to Boardwalk via Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney. For the return trip, though, Downtown Disney might end up being your transit point of choice, as bus service may no longer be operating from the theme parks if you stay late. Remember that the Atlantic Dance Hall closes at 2 AM, the same exact time that the last buses officially depart from Downtown Disney!

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

The only info I can give you about Atlantic Dance Hall is call ahead and make sure there is something going on. It is not a very popular night spot so the crowds are small and on top of that it is rented out for special and/or private events. However JellyRolls right next door is a blast so you may want to check it out instead. Other nice places in the area ESPN Zone, Todd English' blue Zoo lounge, and Big River Grill is great for a couple beers.
Oh and Rix Lounge which is located at CSR is nice place for a night out.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Hey Reason! The Atlantic City Dance hall is the worst excuse for a club or fun place ever! Avoid it! Go over to Jellyrolls instead and enjoy some good drinks and GREAT music.

seriously...the Dance Hall usually is about 1/3 to 1/2 full and most of the people are standing awkwardly in the corners or in small groups on the dance floor and no one is dancing. It kind of reminds me of a middle school dance. it's a bummer too because that place has some great potential. It just isn't using any of it. I was told by a CM that it's because Disney has a contract with the Swan and Dolphin that lets them close out the Dance Hall at any time for corporate events so Disney can't really set a planned schedule of events for the place.

Upvote 0

the-reason14

Original Poster
Wow guys, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll check it out once and then go to these other places mentioned. I'm really looking for a place to just dance and let loose since I'm old enough and PI is sadly gone. But I guess I'd have better luck at the MK in Tomorrowland or mgm? I'll look more into this jellyrolls place and the other ones mentioned in this thread and see what's up. Sad that the 'Dance Hall' isn't a place to dance, wow. Thanks again for the replies.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Wow guys, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll check it out once and then go to these other places mentioned. I'm really looking for a place to just dance and let loose since I'm old enough and PI is sadly gone. But I guess I'd have better luck at the MK in Tomorrowland or mgm? I'll look more into this jellyrolls place and the other ones mentioned in this thread and see what's up. Sad that the 'Dance Hall' isn't a place to dance, wow. Thanks again for the replies.

There isn't much room for dancing at Jellyrolls. But I think I have had more fun with a crowd at Jellyrolls than I have anywhere else ever. We have had some fantastic nights at that bar!

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

If your looking for a place to dance then I suggest you head over to Rix Lounge at CSR! They have great Dj's and have been voted one of the best bars in Orlando.

Upvote 0

the-reason14

Original Poster
If your looking for a place to dance then I suggest you head over to Rix Lounge at CSR! They have great Dj's and have been voted one of the best bars in Orlando.

Thanks, I remember reading a bit about this place but I'm not too familiar. Not really familiar with the dance hall either but I know where it's located. The Rix Lounge is at Coronado Springs, is it located somewhere convenient? I wouldn't wanna go to the resort and get lost trying to find it. Is it like in the lobby or close enough to where the busses let out. It'll be nice to discover all these places and have them breathe new life into WDW for me. Thanks again for all the replies.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Thanks, I remember reading a bit about this place but I'm not too familiar. Not really familiar with the dance hall either but I know where it's located. The Rix Lounge is at Coronado Springs, is it located somewhere convenient? I wouldn't wanna go to the resort and get lost trying to find it. Is it like in the lobby or close enough to where the busses let out. It'll be nice to discover all these places and have them breathe new life into WDW for me. Thanks again for all the replies.

It's located in the main building accross from the foodcourt. Basically you walk into the main doors and take the hallway on the left just past the giftshop, you go about 75ft and turn left again and it's right there.

Upvote 0

jformica

I've been to Atlantic Dance Hall as well as all the other places mentioned in previous replies (on several occasions). Knowing that your 21 I would suggest giving it a try. It really depends on the night you go and how crowded Disney is during that timeframe. At it's best it will be exactly what your looking for, loud music, drinks and dancing. The other places mentioned don't have the same atmosphere. At its worst it will be empty and no one will be dancing but it doesn't mean that you can't! Jellyrolls would be my second choice because it's always busy and entertaining. The only thing is its duel pianos playing music that the audience requests so there's not much dancing (although you can). Both places require a cover charge ($10) at the door.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Just Like Devoy had mentioned! Rix Lounge is located in the El Centro building (Main Lobby Building) at Coronado Springs. Just walk in, pass through the atrium and head left passed Panchitos General Store.

Upvote 0

jformica

My wife and I checked at the Rix this past October and there was nobody there. There was music playing but no one dancing. It was pretty small as well. I don't know if it was an off night (there was a pet convention going on) but it wasn't very nice. We sat at the bar and had a couple drinks and ate some marginal calamari.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Atlantic Dance is typically closed Sun and Mon nights. I've been when it was packed-usually later night post 11/1130 and it was a lot of fun.

Most nights it is pretty dead, but people do go. Right at 2am there is a drunk parade out of the club, down the BoardWalk, and up the stairs to the busses/cabs. Having stayed at BW several times, I know people go to rock out, but most nights its less people than more.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Alright, thanks for all the replies. Dang, I'd hate to hit these places and have them be dead. Anyone know a good night for each?

Thursday thru Saturday is a good time to plan a night out in general!

Wed. and Thur. for Rix and BlueZoo Lounge

Anyday for JellyRolls

Game days (Sun, Mon) for ESPN Zone

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom