Pre-Trip At Last I See The Light

Wow. I haven't posted or interacted with my Magicians in so long.. Do y'all even remember me?!

I had a work trip booked back in April 2020 - CANCELLED

I had my (first) Christmas trip planned for December 2020 - CANCELLED

I could've managed the trip pandemic wise in December.. but I work for a large state university. They told us "sure you can travel, and then you have to quarantine for two weeks after you return and use PTO to do so.” Uh... no thanks.

It's been such a hard year, I needed something to look forward to.

Pop Tv Hope GIF by Schitt's Creek

I have had some EXTRA stress (because who doesn't need more of it these days?!) that I have been pretty open about if you follow me on other social media channels. My husband, Ian, and I have been struggling with infertility for a number of years now. It is one of the reason it made it hard to come read trip reports, lots of guys and gals celebrating this wonderful event (but painful for me to see) When the pandemic began, we finally started going the *science* route to help the process of starting our family. The very expensive and emotional process. All I wanted during this time was to be home at Disney World, but no dice. After our cancelled December trip, we had moved on to IVF.

174427967_10219367086907978_1545299825599423640_n.jpg

We had some successes, some failures, and lots of heartbreak. Sometime in March I decided that I couldn't put my life on hold indefinitely, and booked a trip to celebrate my 30th birthday in November - plus seeing WDW at Christmas which was my goal in 2020!

(sensitive warning)

And then this little embryo....

172824540_10219337340124327_232510830194453571_n.jpg

Finally turned into...

test.jpg

scan.jpg

The very best thing to happen during this AWFUL period of ours lives! Baby N is due December 30, 2021! (also, if you follow me on Instagram, I haven't announced this yet - so you have the insider scoop!)

Celebrate New Girl GIF

So.. Why am I posting HERE?

The November trip we planned was a bit too far into my pregnancy … so I made a quick change to the end of September!

Our NEW and BOOKED trip with flights PURCHASED is:

When: September 24th - October 2nd
Where: Pop Century (Ian's first time NOT at a Deluxe..)
Who: My husband Ian & me + a baby on board!
Why: Well.. birthday/babymoon ALL THE CELEBRATIONS. Mostly.. a final trip with just us before we are a family of 3!

I mean.. 4! (Sorry Gus)

123063770_10218271303634081_7098705518352368604_n.jpg

I feel like I'm really going to use this PTR in the coming months to get any advice on doing Disney pregnant and trying to be as prepared as possible. Setting my expectations accordingly always helps to ensure a more successful trip. ALSO - really hoping to do the Boo Bash! :)

So - here's to my first trip in WAY too long and bringing along Baby N (to be!)

Last edited:

annienevells

Original Poster
Good luck with your test! Is that the regular glucose test? Unless they specifically told you you have to fast, eat something. Eggs, coffee, something with protein so you don’t feel wobbly. Good luck! So excited to hear about your trip!
It’s my second one, I failed the first one hour test by one measly point! Fasting from 8 pm the night before until 8am for the appointment!

annienevells

Original Poster
Congrats on the little Mouseketeer!!

Also, where in Maine are you from? I was born and raised in South Portland but I live in Houston now. I'll be down at WDW next week 9/27-30 with my mom and sister, who still live in Maine!! :)
Oh yay, I will try and spot you while we are both there! :)

I live in Wells, ME! I used to work in Portland (at the University of New England) - small world!!

annienevells

Original Poster
TOMORROW!

By this time tomorrow I will be en route to MCO!!

Update: I passed my 3 hour glucose test with flying colors and celebrated with Dairy Queen, and the celebration will continue at WDW with all the treats I can find 😆

I am working today and it is already VERY hard to focus, and it's only 9 AM. Yikes.

My mom is bringing us to the airport at 4 AM tomorrow. We live in Maine and not too far from the Portland airport, but it is much more affordable to fly out of Boston (plus non-stop flights) to MCO. My parents will also be watching our dog Gus for the week while we are gone. Missing him is really the only hard part of vacation.

239178044_10220039960889407_3378072670396875429_n.jpg

Don't worry, he FULLY gets spoiled by his grandparents when we are gone.

I am so excited that we get to start our trip with Boo Bash tomorrow night. Not planning on doing a live report, will do a full TR when we return. I'll be sure to drop some updates here though!! If any of you are around this coming week, let me know!!

D Hulk

TOMORROW!

By this time tomorrow I will be en route to MCO!!

Update: I passed my 3 hour glucose test with flying colors and celebrated with Dairy Queen, and the celebration will continue at WDW with all the treats I can find 😆

I am working today and it is already VERY hard to focus, and it's only 9 AM. Yikes.

My mom is bringing us to the airport at 4 AM tomorrow. We live in Maine and not too far from the Portland airport, but it is much more affordable to fly out of Boston (plus non-stop flights) to MCO. My parents will also be watching our dog Gus for the week while we are gone. Missing him is really the only hard part of vacation.

View attachment 588645

Don't worry, he FULLY gets spoiled by his grandparents when we are gone.

I am so excited that we get to start our trip with Boo Bash tomorrow night. Not planning on doing a live report, will do a full TR when we return. I'll be sure to drop some updates here though!! If any of you are around this coming week, let me know!!
Congrats! Have a fantastic trip! Gus is a handsome fluffy boy!

I’ll be visiting WDW for the first time while you’re down there, so I’ll say hello if we cross paths. Just polishing off Universal today.

riverside

Premium Member
Oh no!! We got there at 7, totally could’ve had a meet up! 😭
Total bummer!!
We were there for a last minute, super short period of time so we really had no plans & kind of winged things.
Hopefully, our paths will cross on a future trip!!🤞
BTW—you didn’t miss much. It was just E & myself. J wasn’t with us!!😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom