Astro Oribitor

PSM

It’s not new or in high demand, it’s not especially controversial in any way, it’s not a thrill ride, it’s not in danger of being eliminated (that I’m aware of, correct me if I’m wrong), and it doesn’t take up a ton of space that could clearly be improved or at least changed by demolishing it and adding a new ride/store/etc.

But I do love it.

Animaniac93-98

With only 12 rockets seating at most two people each, it probably has the worst capacity of any ride in MK...possibly WDW as a whole. Because of that, not may people choose to spend the time to wait in line for it.

I did go on it a couple weeks ago at night because the line was short and loved it. The view you get is fantastic and it's kind of terrifying how much you tilt and how little that seatbelt is keeping you from falling out lol. It certainly goes faster than Dumbo or Carpets.

Star Jets at Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland were also once elevated, but that's no longer the case. MK's Tomorrowland spinner is now unique for its location and thrills. If only the planets still spun.

JIMINYCR

It’s a simple ride that gives you a nice overview of the area around you and you control the lift of the rocket. The lines for it has been increasing because with the numbers of guests in the park increasing, it drives more people to an attraction that isn’t in high demand. Many guests finding SM long lines not worth waiting for turn around and AO is convenient to get in line for. I for one hope it isn’t taken out.

Cmdr_Crimson

I rarely, if ever, see anyone post anything about Astro Orbitor. Why so?
Eh, it has it's Up's and Downs...
015118e7613eb171d26df9a1ed081613.jpg

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I love AO toward the end of the night when MK’s open late.

For a spinner ride it’s out of this world 🦭 arf arf arf

Lou Filerman

No one talks about it because we’re afraid if we do, Disney will remember it’s still there, paint it green, white, and purple and rename it “Buzz’s Blast-Off.”
And If they did the impact to the ride would be zero. Doesn’t change the ride one bit by doing this.

mergatroid

Wouldn't queue more than 20 mins for it, which limits me riding it very often really. It's enjoyable but over rather quickly. Offers some nice back stage views (purists avoid), though the constant motion and rather short turning circle makes it difficult to see too much.

_caleb

that's literally what the ride is. the paint scheme means nothing.
Astro Orbitor is a highly-visible attraction in the center of Tomorrowland that helps establish that land’s theme and energy. Of course painting the ride would not change anything about how the ride mechanically works, but it would have an effect on the overall experience of the ride and of the land.

Big T 1963

I rarely, if ever, see anyone post anything about Astro Orbitor. Why so?
So I am assuming you took the 2X4 elevator ? Also the Astro Orbitor is not intended for humans 6ft 4inches like myself. Rode it by myself once back in 2013 never again. A classic ride for the little ones.. I'll stay on the ground and ride Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin LOL .

JoeCamel

So I am assuming you took the 2X4 elevator ? Also the Astro Orbitor is not intended for humans 6ft 4inches like myself. Rode it by myself once back in 2013 never again. A classic ride for the little ones.. I'll stay on the ground and ride Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin LOL .
Even at 6' it is a struggle unless you are very flexible, nice view but not worth the trouble. Adds kinetic energy to the area though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom