News Astro Orbiter Problems?

danyoung56

I’m not sure why I am so scared to ride this. Too high up and too exposed I guess.

I had a dream once where the way to ride this was to lay down flat on your back and wrap your ankles around a strut. Then the ride started and you were swinging, head out, only holding on by your ankles. I remember in the dream thinking "This doesn't exactly seem safe . . . . ."

msteel

I have vivid memories of riding the AO as a child with my brother. We went all the way up and we couldn't get it to come back down. It was scary in a fun sort of way. Years later riding it as an adult I realized that to go down you push the lever forward and I wondered if our arms were simply too short to do that.

I like the views from the AO platform as you may be able to tell from my avatar.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I have vivid memories of riding the AO as a child with my brother. We went all the way up and we couldn't get it to come back down. It was scary in a fun sort of way. Years later riding it as an adult I realized that to go down you push the lever forward and I wondered if our arms were simply too short to do that.

I like the views from the AO platform as you may be able to tell from my avatar.

Time it so you ride during MSEP, that’s really neat to watch from... oh... my bad..

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I had a dream once where the way to ride this was to lay down flat on your back and wrap your ankles around a strut. Then the ride started and you were swinging, head out, only holding on by your ankles. I remember in the dream thinking "This doesn't exactly seem safe . . . . ."
Don’t do that to me! Lol

Cmdr_Crimson

Let's hope it doesn't go the "DISPLAY ONLY" Route...Like other ones from other places....
34176395492_69bec70a8a_b.jpg

Kman101

Astro Orbiter ... Primeval Whirl ... why are all these "unplanned" maintenance issues happening? Are they pulling a 90s Disneyland and slacking on maintenance and safety? Just wondering.

Kman101

Primeval is a separate unrelated issue.

But in general, yes. Although I wouldn’t say it’s to the point of slacking on safety.

Ah, thanks Peter.

I wasn't necessarily trying to imply they were slacking on safety but more wondering, and glad that it's not at that point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom