ASMu Family Suites...tell me...

4everDory

We've decided to try out the All-Star Music Family Suites for our trip this September. If you've stayed there, tell me...the good, the bad, the ugly... Thanks!

pixiesteno

Love them, love them, love them. First off, can you say two bathrooms! You have the living area that has three fold out beds, a double sofa and two twin in the chair and ottoman. A small table in the living area and an entertainment/dresser with TV. A (I believe) 4 cu foot fridge (dorm size), coffee maker, paper plates, bowls, and plasti-ware, bar sink, and microwave in the kitchenette. A Queen size bed in the private bedroom with a desk, chest of drawers, chair, and TV. The suites are all in the preferred section so close to the music hall. We have stayed in them with our college-aged son 6' 4", my brother 6' 4", my husband and I very comfortably. My brother and son stayed on the fold-outs and were comfortable. Last January my husband and I had a suite for our week stay with it just being the two of us. He had his bathroom and I had mine, getting ready was so much easier. We were actually in the Calypso building right under the large moraca icon and we were never distrubed by the pool activities. I love the resort, lush plants give it a real resort feel and it isn't so oversized that you can't find a place to eat in the dining hall. Check out the movies nightly by the pool, if it rains or is very cold they do it in the dining area. Big blow up screen and Disney flicks. They will have a listing of the movies for the week in your check-in packet.
They have different stations in the dining area and they make a really, really mean cheeseburger, and the create your own salads are not to be missed. One station has a variety of nightly dinners such as roast chicken or turkey, flank steak, meat loaf, etc for a change from the "fastfood" fare. If you are looking for cereals, milk, cold cuts, etc they have a whole section of grocery items in the store. The only reason we did not stay there last fall and our next trip is we purchased a 29 foot V nosed RV and have discovered that we also love Fort Wilderness Campground. So for us if we stayed in a "hotel" it would be AS Music Suites. There is just something relaxing about the place.

Upvote 0

4everDory

Original Poster
Awesome! We're excited about staying here! Definitely going to like having 2 bathrooms with a DD14 and a DD10 going on 16! I'm thinking about requesting Calypso w/ a pool view...sounds exciting, and then the girls can go down to the pool and I might be able to see them from the room, if I'm a few minutes behind them ;)

Upvote 0

IloveSleepy

We have stayed twice and loved the ASMusic Family Suites. It was just four of us (DDs were 9 and 5 on our last stay), but the bedroom, two bathrooms and kitchenette are very handy. We prefer not to sleep in the same room as DDs!

We had a 3rd floor, Calypso, pool view, and I don't want a pool view again. It was loud if you are there in the afternoon because of the DJs at the pool (we were napping before the Christmas party). On our first stay, we were first floor, Calypso, overlooking greenery, and it was much quieter. Next time, my first request (and maybe only) will be "no pool view". We checked out the Jazz buildings on our second trip, and, although you could be far from the "action" (bus stop and food court), I liked the quiet and the relaxing piano pool!

You will love it!

Upvote 0

4everDory

Original Poster
I've heard different opinions on being close to the pool. Good and bad sides to it, some people hear the noise, others don't. I may just go with the luck of the draw...who knows? It's not till September, so I've got some time to decide

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom