Asia Disney Parks Tour Help

jaxonp

Original Poster
Hello all!

I'm traveling at the end of April through mid May to Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Kyoto. We've planed 1 night 2 days at Shanghai Disneyland staying at the Disneyland Hotel and 3 nights 4 days at Tokyo Disneyland resort. Unfortunately we are only in Hong Kong for 2 nights 3 days and may not have time to go to HKDL and if we do it'll be a half a day. My question is simply this. Is it worth to do a half day at HKDL to hit the major attractions or will I be disappointed I didn't dedicate a whole day. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

GiveMeTheMusic

Hello all!

I'm traveling at the end of April through mid May to Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Kyoto. We've planed 1 night 2 days at Shanghai Disneyland staying at the Disneyland Hotel and 3 nights 4 days at Tokyo Disneyland resort. Unfortunately we are only in Hong Kong for 2 nights 3 days and may not have time to go to HKDL and if we do it'll be a half a day. My question is simply this. Is it worth to do a half day at HKDL to hit the major attractions or will I be disappointed I didn't dedicate a whole day. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

A half day at HKDL is a half day well spent. HKDL is charming and its natural setting is second to none as far as Disney properties go - it's just gorgeous. HKDL is usually pretty empty, so if you can hit it on a weekday (weekends are fine, but not as preferable) and show up at opening, you can ride Iron Man Experience, Grizzly, Mystic Manor (the three unique biggies) very quickly. Jungle Cruise is worth doing if you have time, as it's different from other versions with a unique and big finale scene. Small World is very nice here as well if time permits.

Skip the other attractions, which are all identical to counterparts at other parks, and enjoy Grizzly and Mystic a few times each to soak them up. Do a lap around the park (it won't take long), walk through Fairy Tale Forest (unique to HKDL), have lunch and head out.

jaxonp

Original Poster
A half day at HKDL is a half day well spent. HKDL is charming and its natural setting is second to none as far as Disney properties go - it's just gorgeous. HKDL is usually pretty empty, so if you can hit it on a weekday (weekends are fine, but not as preferable) and show up at opening, you can ride Iron Man Experience, Grizzly, Mystic Manor (the three unique biggies) very quickly. Jungle Cruise is worth doing if you have time, as it's different from other versions with a unique and big finale scene. Small World is very nice here as well if time permits.

Skip the other attractions, which are all identical to counterparts at other parks, and enjoy Grizzly and Mystic a few times each to soak them up. Do a lap around the park (it won't take long), walk through Fairy Tale Forest (unique to HKDL), have lunch and head out.

Thanks for the info! What you listed is excatly what I'm looking at doing so a half day makes perfect sense. Any places worth having a nice lunch at there that you'd recommend?

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for the info! What you listed is excatly what I'm looking at doing so a half day makes perfect sense. Any places worth having a nice lunch at there that you'd recommend?

Most of the park is quick service and skews very much toward south Asian palates. Main Street Corner Cafe is my favorite spot there - western focused food, casual table service, sponsored by Coke, and there’s usually a set menu that uses Coke products in each course in fun ways. They also do amazing tea sets in the afternoons.

Explorers Club is worth poking your head into if you don’t decide to eat there (Asian quick service), it’s beautiful on the inside.

Plaza Inn is stunning inside as well. It’s authentic Chinese table service, so depends on your tastes and comfort level whether it’d be worth it to eat there.

Jealous of your trip - is it your first time to all these places? It will literally change your life!

jaxonp

Original Poster
Most of the park is quick service and skews very much toward south Asian palates. Main Street Corner Cafe is my favorite spot there - western focused food, casual table service, sponsored by Coke, and there’s usually a set menu that uses Coke products in each course in fun ways. They also do amazing tea sets in the afternoons.

Explorers Club is worth poking your head into if you don’t decide to eat there (Asian quick service), it’s beautiful on the inside.

Plaza Inn is stunning inside as well. It’s authentic Chinese table service, so depends on your tastes and comfort level whether it’d be worth it to eat there.

Jealous of your trip - is it your first time to all these places? It will literally change your life!

Great insite. Yes this is my first time. There’s so much to do and so little time to do it. Time to check off the remaining parks off my list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom