Asia clearing land.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Poncho1973
Did anyone happen to catch that it's actually Dinoland USA? That would lead *ME* to believe that North America would be fairly close to being represented.

To whoever mentioned it. Good call with Europe being represented by BK. I hadn't actually thought of it that way, but most (if not all) dragon/knight/unicorn/etc. mythology is based on the European continent's early beliefs. Excellent connection.

wow. good call.

Terp02

I still say Australia is the next "continent", though I'm hoping BK comes before it. I wonder what type of ride would come if they ever built South America, since the rainforest theme is taken by Kali River Rapids. Maybe they'd bring Indy to AK:drevil: . Who am I kidding that'll never happen.

Justin

I agree. I think that Kali River Rapids fits in good... But though i m pretty sure Beastly Kingdom will be made before Australia if thats even done. What i think would work in Asia would be a CCI wooden or something. It would fit in perfect with the theming and u can call i the Jaguar or something.... But i have strong feeling that Beastly Kingdom will be made... I knew about Dinorama before it was built. Although im pretty sure i heard somewhere that Animal Kingdom's next coaster will be an invert of some kind. Perhaps even a B&M.:D

ToTBellHop

BK would be a really beautiful land (like the rest of AK) if they do take the medieval approach with a castle and a European countryside...they could even have a Lochness attraction cuz I don't yet know of any really 'stand-out' Lochness attraction around (not talking coasters, her...I'm thinking more along the lines of what the River Ride could have been...a sightseeing tour of Lochness...it'd have the feel of 20K, the thrill (to a higher degree) of Jaws, the humor of the Jungle Cruise, and be quite family-friendly. I would have it be a eight-minute ride with two channels off of the lake that would meet at the station (entrance and exit for the boats). Each boat would hold 40 guests and it would make it so that you could have one boat in the lake at a time(or two, but keep it so they cannot see each other). The two channels would have Audio-Animatronics mythological creatures (e.g. unicorns) and Lochness would be covered in mist (further allowing the boats to keep from seeing each other). This system would call for eight boats, one leaving every two minutes (boarding and an introduction from your guide would take care of this time). You would spend two minutes in each canal looking at various animals, waterfalls, etc and two minutes in Lake Lochness. This ride would have an hourly capacity of 1200 people.

WDWspider

Originally posted by DogsRule!
BK would be a really beautiful land (like the rest of AK) if they do take the medieval approach with a castle and a European countryside...they could even have a Lochness attraction cuz I don't yet know of any really 'stand-out' Lochness attraction around (not talking coasters, her...I'm thinking more along the lines of what the River Ride could have been...a sightseeing tour of Lochness...it'd have the feel of 20K, the thrill (to a higher degree) of Jaws, the humor of the Jungle Cruise, and be quite family-friendly. I would have it be a eight-minute ride with two channels off of the lake that would meet at the station (entrance and exit for the boats). Each boat would hold 40 guests and it would make it so that you could have one boat in the lake at a time(or two, but keep it so they cannot see each other). The two channels would have Audio-Animatronics mythological creatures (e.g. unicorns) and Lochness would be covered in mist (further allowing the boats to keep from seeing each other). This system would call for eight boats, one leaving every two minutes (boarding and an introduction from your guide would take care of this time). You would spend two minutes in each canal looking at various animals, waterfalls, etc and two minutes in Lake Lochness. This ride would have an hourly capacity of 1200 people.

I think that a Loch Ness Tour Ride could not incorporate true mythological creatures like Pegasus and Minotaurs. Maybe more of the unknown/semi-folklore creatures like Big Foot, Loch Ness, and La Chubra Cabra (however you spell it). I also feel that an enviromental dark ride on Extinct Creatures would be cool (maybe at Rafiki's Planet Watch).

ToTBellHop

most people argue Nessie is a myth...I'm going for mythological creatures that one would find in Great Britain. That would include Nessie, dragons, and unicorns. Why do I pick Great Britain? It's the home of the mythological Camelot.

Justin

Hmmmm I agree. I dont think Lochness would be a good mythilogical Creature for that. Its a good idea but... u got to remember BGW has their Trademark on the Lochness Monster coaster. I'm thinking they might have some indoor themed dark ride or a walk through themed as Dragons Maybe. :animwink: :lookaroun

by the way cool sn DogsRule!

Scar Junior

Originally posted by Terp02
I wonder what type of ride would come if they ever built South America, since the rainforest theme is taken by Kali River Rapids.

It would never happen but i think a flying coaster through the rainforest would be cool (supprts could be made to look like tree trunks/bark to blend in). You could look around and feel like you're in the forest. Flying coasters aren't tall anyway so if its with tall trees it wouldn't be distracting. It would be like brazil and they could do something with the Amazon River (boat/water ride?)- AK is the hottest park.

Wouldn't happen but would be cool.

Justin

:D I agree man that would be an awesome idea! But the bad thing is Disney was suppost to get the first Flying Coaster but the plans got sold to Vekoma and "Fire Mountain was Scratched" It was suppost to be sold to Animal Kindom where Primeval Whirl is but, the flying coaster dezine was sold to Vekoma which Intamin was suppost to manufactuer in the first place. And was then manufactured to Paramounts Great America, I cannot say what Disney's new E-Ride will be but i have heard and an expecting a B&M Invert. Most likely with a launch knowing Disney. :D

Anyways B&M said at IAAPA that they were selling a coaster to Disney, My guesses that it will be to AK.... :veryconfu :lol: :lol: :lol:

james4023464

Originally posted by Scar Junior

It would never happen but i think a flying coaster through the rainforest would be cool (supprts could be made to look like tree trunks/bark to blend in). You could look around and feel like you're in the forest. Flying coasters aren't tall anyway so if its with tall trees it wouldn't be distracting. It would be like brazil and they could do something with the Amazon River (boat/water ride?)- AK is the hottest park.

Wouldn't happen but would be cool.
NICE idea, I would defently ride that ride:D

Terp02

That flying coaster is a great idea, but let's just hope that BK is the #1 priority for AK because it needs it DESPERATELY. The only ride I see going on more than twice is Kilmanjaro Safaris because it is a different ride every time. Like the first time my family went on it we saw like 5 animals, then later like at 5:30 we saw almost every animal in the "preserve", it was great. BK is very necessary for AK since it will bring more people in and it will finally bring more people to the "left" side of the park. It makes perfect sense that BK will be built before Australia, but doesn't mean it will.

WDWspider

Does anyone know where to find a current overhead shot of AK. I want to see how much land there is for BK, I know there is a lot. But I am also curious as to where Austria will go and want to view the land just to see what the layout currently looks like anyway. Please help if you can, thanks.

Justin

Sorry Spiderman, I do not know anything about the BK land clearing :( i dont even know where it is going to be built, The last time i went to AK was a while ago. I wish i could go more but i decided to get passes to Universal, But will soon again be gettnig passes for my home theme park :lol: :lol:

My guesses though that BK will be pretty nice size, maybe a few thrills and some dark rides? I do not know that.

yeah, Terp02. That is cool about Kilimanjaro.. Disney is good in Family areas, but wish they would get some Thrills, a good bigger better park like IOA would do. :D :cool:

the_snow_prince

From what I can see, AK was also supose to be an around-the-world theme with animals. We already have Arfica and Asia, plus Dinoland as America. Many of the animals in the Oasis and on Discovery Island are from Australia and South America, and that leaves Europe, Beastly Kingdom. Honestly, BK would be a great addition and make the park feel more complete. Although I would still miss the Camp. It's such a cute little area.

Justin

yes, i think u r true about that, But the animals were a great addition to the park. Many of those will find AK to be a boring park, But with Beastly Kingdom being added soon.. i think that will be a great addition.
yes i bet the kids will miss The Camp but it is time for Disney to do some chaning, Its more or less a Family park pavillion but It would be nice for some thrills, I mean come on isn't all they got RnR and ToT really? I think that this new port will make a great addition and something escpecially new for Disney... I hope. :p

Poncho1973

Originally posted by spider-man
Does anyone know where to find a current overhead shot of AK. I want to see how much land there is for BK, I know there is a lot. But I am also curious as to where Austria will go and want to view the land just to see what the layout currently looks like anyway. Please help if you can, thanks.

Try Microsoft's Terra Server... just run a search on any search engine. Use 32830 as the zip code for the search.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Justin
Its more or less a Family park pavillion but It would be nice for some thrills, I mean come on isn't all they got RnR and ToT really? I think that this new port will make a great addition and something escpecially new for Disney... I hope. :p

...and:
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Star Tours (sort of)
Body Wars (same...)
Test Track
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids

Disney does not build thrill parks nor do they feel IoA is a "bigger, better park". It is, in fact, smaller and has lower attendance levels.

Justin

eh, I know attendance, but thats not really what counts to fans, who's going to sit their and count a theme park on how many guests visit. Well i wouldnt' say that they dont build them. California's Adventure is a version of a thrill/family park, Just not as heavily themed as other parks like MK.

DisneyKrazed

Why does Camp Minnie Mickey have to be demolished. AK has more then enough land for anything they really want to build. Worse comes to worse they make a long "spoke" that leads from Discovery Island out to its location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom