As many problems and goings on at Disney...

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I'm ready to go back!:bawling:

Because I miss it dagnabbit, regardless of problems/issues/dole-whips-not-enough-dole-and-too-much-whip and what have you, I am more than ready to go back!
images

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I just got to the point where all of the bad things that were going on and talked about brought me down so much that it made me stop and really think of why I liked Disney in the first place. No I am not a spokesperson, but I am tired of hearing and reading about the same problems like they didn't do a good job with Star Wars or something broke after being fairly new, or it is too darn expensive. I get it though, it isn't living up to anyone's expectations, but at the end of it all, we are really putting a LOT on Disney to perform greatly right now.

In all honesty, Disney is trying to live up to its name right now and I think we aren't giving it a chance. They did something big (made a few wrong choices along the way) and have dug themselves in a hole with their own mistakes which they are trying to desperately get out of.

But I truly do get the frustrations. I was all on their case and saying things like 'it's too expensive!' or 'why didn't they do the Star Wars the fans actually loved in the first place', etc. But it is a business at the end of it all, and even though this middle class can barely afford a stay at the Value for a week, I STILL want to go.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I just got to the point where all of the bad things that were going on and talked about brought me down so much that it made me stop and really think of why I liked Disney in the first place. No I am not a spokesperson, but I am tired of hearing and reading about the same problems like they didn't do a good job with Star Wars or something broke after being fairly new, or it is too darn expensive. I get it though, it isn't living up to anyone's expectations, but at the end of it all, we are really putting a LOT on Disney to perform greatly right now.

In all honesty, Disney is trying to live up to its name right now and I think we aren't giving it a chance. They did something big (made a few wrong choices along the way) and have dug themselves in a hole with their own mistakes which they are trying to desperately get out of.

But I truly do get the frustrations. I was all on their case and saying things like 'it's too expensive!' or 'why didn't they do the Star Wars the fans actually loved in the first place', etc. But it is a business at the end of it all, and even though this middle class can barely afford a stay at the Value for a week, I STILL want to go.

As you said you were all over their case so I don't see how reading things is getting you down.
You seem to already have the negative thoughts about it.
My motto is that I take the good and leave the bad.

eliza61nyc

Lol that's why I also hang out on the pictures of the day forum. This forum would make you believe WDW is horrible, I take it with a very small grain of salt.
I love the "pictures of the day" threads, reminds me how I feel in love with the place originally.
The "expensive" rant doesn't faze me, not that I'm Uber rich just I don't believe Disney owes anyone an affordable vacation. If I can't afford something that isn't a necessity I don't whine about it, that's just me.
This was my year off, we just got back from Greece, loved it but I'm also glad I'm going back to the world next year. It's my happy place.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
As you said you were all over their case so I don't see how reading things is getting you down.
You seem to already have the negative thoughts about it.
My motto is that I take the good and leave the bad.
When you read the bad enough, when you hear the bad enough, you go along with the crowd at some point. It depends on how you act and react. Each person works differently.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Lol that's why I also hang out on the pictures of the day forum. This forum would make you believe WDW is horrible, I take it with a very small grain of salt.
I love the "pictures of the day" threads, reminds me how I feel in love with the place originally.
The "expensive" rant doesn't faze me, not that I'm Uber rich just I don't believe Disney owes anyone an affordable vacation. If I can't afford something that isn't a necessity I don't whine about it, that's just me.
This was my year off, we just got back from Greece, loved it but I'm also glad I'm going back to the world next year. It's my happy place.
Oh I bet Greece is beautiful! Did you get to take lots of pictures?

Moka

I just got to the point where all of the bad things that were going on and talked about brought me down so much that it made me stop and really think of why I liked Disney in the first place.
I don't really worry about the problems that others have. Yes granted, they do have some, but ALL places has their problems. I love Disney to its core and nothing would change that.. especially just some other people's opinion on the internet. I love it because I love it, and I won't stop loving it because someone else doesn't.

JIMINYCR

I still find enough enjoyment that I'll keep visiting and spending my time and money in the parks. I concede there are problems here and there but nothing so bad that it forces me to look towards an alternative vacation spot. The people who continually post the most negative posts are free to do so and I am free to ignore their rants. Some of them say theyll never go back until changes are made to their liking or say they havent been back for years, but they continue to rant. All I know is that the Disney I experience certainly isnt the same one they portray and flame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom