As a WDW fan, you have to be pleased...

KevinPage

Original Poster
With all the construction, new rides, potential positive refurbs and all. Things are getting pretty exciting.

I always felt WDW got the better end of the stick, when compared to all the cutbacks at Disneyland, Paris, animation, etc.

It seems like there is some sort of positive news or "good chance" rumors every week.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

MKBurn15

Like what PixieDuster said in some other thread, Disney World goes like a pendulum, it's near the bottom now, but it'll soon go up!

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKBurn15
Like what PixieDuster said in some other thread, Disney World goes like a pendulum, it's near the bottom now, but it'll soon go up!

Near the bottom? Bottom of what? This isn't Six Flags we are talking about here. What Disney has is too hard to destroy that much even if they tried

MarioMagic15

cut backs at DLR? The whole park is going under refurbishment (and buildings have been looking awesome as they have come out of refurb), just got a great Snow White musical, Tower, Buzz Lightyear and an all new Space Mountain (which will have 2 themes, one in the day and one at night) a parade and new fireworks show all for next year, major rehabs for a few attractions...define cutbacks

sorry if i mean to come off a little rude, but i don't think DL is being cutback, with all that we are getting in the upcoming years. Paris is another story, but WDW and DL are looking forward to an awesome time in the next few years, I think they both have been getting the better end of the stick:)

KevinPage

Original Poster
Originally posted by MarioMagic15
cut backs at DLR? The whole park is going under refurbishment (and buildings have been looking awesome as they have come out of refurb), :)

This is al relatively NEW, I'm talking over the last few years, not the last 6 months :D

MarioMagic15

ha, sorry about that, I thought you meant DL was in bad shape currently. It was but now that Harris is gone things are looking good with Matt:lol:

MKBurn15

Originally posted by KevinPage
Near the bottom? Bottom of what? This isn't Six Flags we are talking about here. What Disney has is too hard to destroy that much even if they tried

What are you talking about? The pendelum is a metaphor. Like, things look sorta down, but there is still hope and maybe the quality of the parks will go up again. (Maybe Eisner will leave and Roy will come back?) Like a pendelum is like this
_____________________l
____________________/ l \
___________________/ l \
____________________o o o
________________top bottom top

ha. bad drawing.

MKBurn15

Oh whatever, my pendelum picture doesn't work. Good news anyway. Sad thing about the good rides getting cut though. (Especially AE)

MKBurn15

Originally posted by lamarvenoy
In many ways Disney is at an all time low.

This is what the pendelum thing means. Disney started out great and stayed there for a long time. Now it is at an all time low and we're hoping it goes back up to its Golden Age. Like a pendelum, swinging from one side to the other. I hope that the pendelum stays up though.

cherrynegra

Well, even if you believe Disney is on the bottom now, there's no other place to go but up. All things are cyclical and Disney will rise again.

KevinPage

Original Poster
What are you talking about? The pendelum is a metaphor. Like, things look sorta down, but there is still hope and maybe the quality of the parks will go up again. (Maybe Eisner will leave and Roy will come back?) Like a pendelum is like this
_____________________l
____________________/ l \
___________________/ l \
____________________o o o
________________top bottom top

ha. bad drawing.

I know what a pedulum is, I'm saying that the parks are NOT at a low right now.

MKBurn15

I'm happy about the refurbishment things, and I don't want to complain too much, but they're doing a LOT of them at the same time, closing off many places of the parks. Don't get me wrong, I find nothing wrong with the parks. (Actually, if I didn't join the boards, I probably would be ignorant of the bad and not care at all.) I like to enjoy what comes to us as well. Sorry if what I said implied that their "all time low" was really low. It's not that bad. I think Disney will still get better anyway though.

Hoorah for the Constructions!:sohappy:

Too bad about the good rides/attractions that were taken down.:(

Woody13

This is what the pendelum thing means. Disney started out great and stayed there for a long time. Now it is at an all time low and we're hoping it goes back up to its Golden Age. Like a pendelum, swinging from one side to the other. I hope that the pendelum stays up though.

The Walt Disney Company is in better shape now than at ANY TIME when it was run by Walt and his brother Roy. Walt and Roy almost drove the company into bankruptcy on several occasions. Eisner took a company that was on its deathbed (Disney) and turned it into a media powerhouse. Along the way, he made a lot of money, both for himself and his shareholders.

bigfatdonna

If your opinion is that Disney World is at a low, high or somewhere in between you must admit............even at its "worst", there's STILL no other place on Earth that can compare. Nothing's even in the same ballpark (or probably ever will be) to me!:D

MKBurn15

Well, even if it's not at a low, I still want it to rise higher. Making Disney World be even better than the greatest place on Earth...Disney World now...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom