Artist Point Snow White meal - How long was your meal?

Janir

Original Poster
As the Subject. I've got some back to back events here and I'm already planning a Lyft/Minnie Van between them , but I'm wondering if my timing is still too tight.

Can anyone who's been to the Artist Point Snow White diner tell me how long dinner took you?

Janir

Original Poster
An hour. That's not bad actually. might actually give me and extra 20 minutes than I had planned on. Might even be able to use the boats from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary and get there by 7:30 or so. :)

correcaminos

An hour. That's not bad actually. might actually give me and extra 20 minutes than I had planned on. Might even be able to use the boats from Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary and get there by 7:30 or so. :)
Boats ran about every 20 mins or so for the direct route. I'd skip the boat if timing is tight.

Chars0704

When we went in April, they were running late so we had to wait for about 15-20 minutes. It was also a longer meal. At least an hour, if not more. We enjoyed it very much though.

DWFEVR

We recently looked at their menu and were impressed. Two questions though: 1. Has anyone ever gone to this that doesn't have kids? 2. Is it dinner with a show or just a dinner with the characters walking around? Thanks in advance.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We recently looked at their menu and were impressed. Two questions though: 1. Has anyone ever gone to this that doesn't have kids? 2. Is it dinner with a show or just a dinner with the characters walking around? Thanks in advance.

I posted these comments on my current trip report.
My adult daughter and I dined at Artist Point on June 10th.

We received notification that our table was ready and proceeded to the host stand inside Artist Point. I couldn’t help but glance up at all the trees. The “forest” was very pretty and successfully created a Storybook atmosphere.

We were guided through the center of the restaurant, past the meeting area of the Wicked Queen. We felt this was an odd location for the meet and greet. (Picture a wedding banquet room with a dance floor in the middle with the Wicked Queen in the center of the floor.) The Wicked Queen was holding court and there were families lined up to see her ~ but our host curtly told us to wait until after we’d eaten to go meet the Queen.

Upon arrival at our window table the loud refrain of Silly Song began to blast through speakers, which startled us! The tree lights began to blink and change color, and Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy began to clap and dance among the tables. We were surprised by the performance.

We were also surprised to have “Stay in your seats” mentioned to us several times, both by our host and our server. We are two adult women ~ did they think we were going to run amok through the restaurant? The command left us so flustered that we were afraid to even stand up when the characters visited our table.

At some point the characters (Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy) went backstage. We know this because each one ceremoniously re-entered the dining room with a (loud) musical intro. We aren’t good at making conversation with characters yet none of them hurried to move on from us, or from families at other tables. The interactions were heartfelt, not obligatory. A definite plus in the dining experience!

I ordered the Prime Rib. It (and the accompanying popover) was delicious. My daughter's chicken was nothing special. Though we weren’t real excited about the dessert selections (Miner’s Treasure, Gooseberry Pie, ‘Poison’ Apple) we did like the “dirt cup”.

The Wicked Queen was on a break when we finished dinner. We had no idea how long she would be gone and did not feel like waiting.

Overall, we are glad we tried Storybook Dining though likely won’t return. My daughter decided the entire experience was odd (“it’s fine dining coupled with silliness”) and better suited for a cruise ship, not a hotel restaurant. (She’s cruised DCL and knows of what she speaks.)

DWFEVR

Thank you so much for your response. Describing everything that took placed helped us answer that question. We will look into something else. Too bad, because we always liked Artist Point. It's sad that they had to go to characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom