Article from Yahoo: "Disney Boss Admits Theme Park Pricing Is Too Expensive"

yensid1967

Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that tickets to the company's theme parks cost too much.

Per Deadline, Iger declared his plans to transform Disney into a more accessible brand at a Morgan Stanley media conference on March 9. "I think that in our zeal to grow profits, we may have been a little bit too aggressive about some of our pricing," Iger said. "And I think there is a way to continue to grow our business but be smarter about how we price so that we maintain that brand value of accessibility." Previously, the CEO extended park hopping hours at Disneyland and introduced free photo downloads with Genie+ at Walt Disney World.

I think this is a "build it and they will come" moment for Disney! Lower the prices back to PRE PANDEMIC rates (2018-2019) and watch attendance increase to a stable level everyday! And for God's sake...GET RID OF PARK RESERVATIONS!

That being said, does anyone know what the prices were in 2019? Please post!

JIMINYCR

Oh I’m enjoying many chuckles every time Iger speaks now. He’s so upset about us being taken advantage of and having to pay more. No regrets over the huge salaries and perks him and all the others get handed out as a result of raking in those bundles of cash. Poor, poor guests who have it so hard. I can barely see the fake tears rolling down his cheeks as he feels our pain. No regrets that he could have done anything for us all those years he was on top and prices started climbing.
Prices were ranging between $139 - $159 with a price increase that happened.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

It's more than just pricing. If Disney ever wants us back, then they must find a way to fix GenieCrap! We were there last December, and it totally sucks.

A fix must include full advance purchase for duration of visit and a way to reserve at least one good ride per day well ahead of time...and also at the park time of day I choose. RIP FastPass.

Upvote 1

yensid1967

Original Poster
Oh I’m enjoying many chuckles every time Iger speaks now. He’s so upset about us being taken advantage of and having to pay more. No regrets over the huge salaries and perks him and all the others get handed out as a result of raking in those bundles of cash. Poor, poor guests who have it so hard. I can barely see the fake tears rolling down his cheeks as he feels our pain. No regrets that he could have done anything for us all those years he was on top and prices started climbing.
Prices were ranging between $139 - $159 with a price increase that happened
Iger SAYS he is upset over the high prices, BUT is not doing anything about it! So he is not too upset!
If he were TRULY upset about the high prices, he would IMMEDIATELY LOWER the prices across the board on food, merchandise and park admissions!

Upvote 0

esskay

It's more than just pricing. If Disney ever wants us back, then they must find a way to fix GenieCrap! We were there last December, and it totally sucks.

A fix must include full advance purchase for duration of visit and a way to reserve at least one good ride per day well ahead of time...and also at the park time of day I choose. RIP FastPass.
Basically this!

Genie / Genie+ sucks. Park reservations suck, Lightning lane sucks.

Fastpass+ wasn't exactly great but it was a decent middleground. Personally I think the old paper pass system was better. It was far easier to control availability if you has to physically go and get a ticket and be in the park to do so. It wasn't perfect but a hybrid option of being able to grab a fast pass for a morning slot and then have a second window open at mid day and then again at say 5pm would allow far more people to get on the rides and would prevent fake demand from people who gave up and went home, or never turned up to the park.

I think if you did that in addition to allowing one pre-booked ride in advance it would ensure much fairer distribution. Oh and for new rides dont have any fastpass type setup at all. Have a line capped at a certain length and dont allow anyone to join it once it gets to a certain length. Theres absolutely zero reason why everyone shouldn't queue for the same amount of time if they're that desparate to get on the latest attraction that only just opened.

The whole system massively benefits park pros and disadvantages first timers. That needs to stop. We've all done the rides a hundred times, we know when to go. Creating a bad experience for first time guests is the definition of stupidity.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
Basically this!

Genie / Genie+ sucks. Park reservations suck, Lightning lane sucks.

Fastpass+ wasn't exactly great but it was a decent middleground. Personally I think the old paper pass system was better. It was far easier to control availability if you has to physically go and get a ticket and be in the park to do so. It wasn't perfect but a hybrid option of being able to grab a fast pass for a morning slot and then have a second window open at mid day and then again at say 5pm would allow far more people to get on the rides and would prevent fake demand from people who gave up and went home, or never turned up to the park.

I think if you did that in addition to allowing one pre-booked ride in advance it would ensure much fairer distribution. Oh and for new rides dont have any fastpass type setup at all. Have a line capped at a certain length and dont allow anyone to join it once it gets to a certain length. Theres absolutely zero reason why everyone shouldn't queue for the same amount of time if they're that desparate to get on the latest attraction that only just opened.

The whole system massively benefits park pros and disadvantages first timers. That needs to stop. We've all done the rides a hundred times, we know when to go. Creating a bad experience for first time guests is the definition of stupidity.
Fastpass+ wasn't exactly great but it was a decent middleground- and you didn't have to have your nose in your phone all day or be up at 7am on vacation! I think the best replacement for Genie+ is to bring back FREE Fast Pass for all the minor attractions and a paid FP (lightning Lane) for the major attractions with a lower price point !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom