art of animation....little mermaid...

nc_disneyfreak

Original Poster
Were booked for 8 days next april/early may...were in the little mermaid rooms, and I keep reading about how far the walk is from the mermaid section to the main hall....can someone give it to me straight lol? weve stayed in the toy story building at movies which was a 5-6 minute walk, and the baseball rooms at sports which was maybe 7-8 minutes....any info is appreciated

TamaraQT

I stayed at AoA in Little mermaid section. It is a good hike. Unfortunately it is the only disney property i have stayed at so I cannot make a comparison to another resort. However, I can say we stayed in Building 8 and if we had to walk to main building with my DD7 it could have easily taken 15 minutes. I may be overestimating. But we went in July so I am taking into consideration our pace may not have been as quick with the July heat as it would be on a mild February day. It is a good distance either way. We had a rental car and drove over to the main building each morning.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The walk from the furthest point at the Little Mermaid rooms to the furthest bus stop is between .4 and .5 miles.

By comparison it is roughly the same distance from the Epcot turnstiles to either the Canada or Mexico pavilion.

cbettua

I was there in October, it really wasn't that bad. The walk has so many things to look at. I guess is someone had problems walking it would be a hike. But our family of 4 had no issues.

oovwee

We just got back yesterday from AoA Little Mermaid. It was a decent walk, but I found more bothersome that we had no cell phone or wifi access in our room (building 9). Wasn't a big deal, just annoying.

The walking was no more than other value (although depending on that All-Stars, sometimes you can hop between them for a shorter walk).

3Caballeros

We stayed in the little mermaid room last March & it is a hike to the front. So we wound up driving up to the bus stop each morning. Then after a tiring day at the park we did not have to hike back after getting off the bus but got in our car & drove around to our room.
Now we are back to staying at all star movies.

ratherbeinwdw

We also drove our car to the bus/lobby most of the time. I've said this on here several times, but if you walk up the center of the resort instead of on the sidewalk on the outside, the trip is much faster.

Ariel Savage

I stayed in the little mermaid area in November. I didn't think the walk was bad. It's a pretty straight shot, unlike a resort like Pop where you could get lost in the maze of courtyards before finding your way back to the main hall. Not bad at all.

darthspielberg

I stayed there in December, and if you cut through Lion King section it's not a terrible walk. I have bad ankles so I requested closest to transportation, so that made the walk easier.

It was also a bonus because I was poolside.

Were booked for 8 days next april/early may...were in the little mermaid rooms, and I keep reading about how far the walk is from the mermaid section to the main hall....can someone give it to me straight lol? weve stayed in the toy story building at movies which was a 5-6 minute walk, and the baseball rooms at sports which was maybe 7-8 minutes....any info is appreciated

We stayed there Dec. 2012 for 3 nites...never again.I would rather stay @ Pop Century preferred pool view!!! Much better & closer to bus stops & food court!!!

Weather_Lady

My sister and her DH took their tiny 4-year-old last year and stayed in the LM rooms at AoA. She said the walk to the main building was about 10 minutes, going at the 4-year-old's pace. (They didn't use a stroller.) She said it was a pleasant walk, especially in the morning, and that although it "seemed longer" when heading back at night, it was really no big deal.

durangojim

We've stayed there and decided pop is much better if you're in the 50s or 60s plus it much easier to get a decent discount at pop than a little mermaid room.

luv

My sister and her DH took their tiny 4-year-old last year and stayed in the LM rooms at AoA. She said the walk to the main building was about 10 minutes, going at the 4-year-old's pace. (They didn't use a stroller.) She said it was a pleasant walk, especially in the morning, and that although it "seemed longer" when heading back at night, it was really no big deal.
Disney lengthens the hotel sidewalks during the day. The walk is always fairly short in the morning, but much longer at night.

;)

Mot

It's really not much different than the farthest bldg. at All Star Sports baseball. We are planning a trip to AOA's LM in May. Looking forward to it.

prfctlyximprct

Only have 3 park days before a cruise on the disney dream in june, hoping the walk is not atrocious! Going to spend full days in the park as opposed to going back and forth to have some rest time.. so hopefully the walk doesn't bother me! Can't wait to stay in the little mermaid rooms, she's my favorite princess! :)

PHS79

It is a little bit of a walk, but not too bad. We were at AoA Feb of 2013 and stayed in one of the Lion King suites, we had 3rd floor right next to the stair way and could see the bus stop from the room window. But we walked the entire AoA resort a couple of times and even from the furthest Little Mermaid building if you walk right up the center sidewalk, that goes between the Lion King buidings, that is the straightest path to the main AoA building and probably takes about 10 mins or so.

freediverdude

When I stayed at Pop recently, I walked over to take a look at AoA, and seriously it looked like the 60's buildings in Pop were actually closer to the AoA main building than the Little Mermaid rooms. Even my room in the 50's Pop looked closer.

Sahmom

I stayed there last April and while DD loved the room, the walk just became too much for us. In the am it wasn't so bad, prob a 7-10m walk walking with a 5 year old, but at night after a parade or
a long day at the park or trying to get back and forth to dining reservations it got to be annoying. This year we booked elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom