Art of Animation family suites

Dusty Duck

Original Poster
Hey gang! Just curious if any of you have stayed at AoA yet and if so if you've stayed in any of the family suites? The Lion King or Little Mermaid ones specifically. I'm curious if there is at least one separated bedroom from the rest of the suite? Thanks!

UberPlannerMom

I have not gotten to stay at a family suite yet BUT I have read enough reports on the family suites to say yes, there is a separate bedroom. There is a bedroom with one bed that gets its own bathroom. Then in the main living area the couch is a foldout and over in the dining area the table is kind of a murphy bed. Those two beds share a bathroom. Hope that helps. :)

That said, I'm not sure if there are little mermaid family suites. I know that the only non suite rooms at AOA are little mermaid so in my head that meant no family suites with the theme. I could definitely be wrong there though.

PREMiERdrum

Hey gang! Just curious if any of you have stayed at AoA yet and if so if you've stayed in any of the family suites? The Lion King or Little Mermaid ones specifically. I'm curious if there is at least one separated bedroom from the rest of the suite? Thanks!

The Little Mermaid buildings are standard Value Resort rooms... Similar to Pop! Century.
2 double beds in a smallish hotel room.

The Cars, Nemo, and Lion King buildings have family suites, and they are *fantastic*. You enter from the corridor into a main area which features a kitchenette, a tricky dining table that folds down into a double bed, a seating area with chairs, pull-out sleeper sofa, and a TV, and a full bath. A doorway leads into a separate bedroom with a 2nd full (and huge) bathroom.

We stayed in a Lion King suite in December 2012 and it was quite nice. We are returning to AoA this April and staying in a Little Mermaid room.

stichrules

We stayed in the Lion King suite in Dec 2012 shortly after the resort opened. Yes there is one bedroom seperated fom the rest o teh suite. It has a king size bed and its own Bathroom. Out in the rest of the suite is a queen size sleeper sofa and the table folds down into a bed. My 2 grand daughters loved the table bed becuse when you make it into a bed Simba was above them on what would be the headboard of the bed. They thought it was cool they were going to bed with Simba. Everynight they said good night to Simba.

Weather_Lady

ratherbeinwdw

We've stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and the Cars Suites and will be in Nemo in May. LM rooms are very small, but really cute. The suites are small for suites, but they are much bigger than the standard rooms. The bedroom bath has a large shower, no tub--which I love. The other bathroom has a small bath area like the standard rooms with a tub that has a shower head. It has a small separate sink area. If you are driving, the Cars Suites are the most convenient to parking and buildings 1 and 3 are closest to the lobby. Building 2 is a little distance, but not bad at all.
We love it there.

Mike K

Hey guys, my fiancee and I just recently booked our honeymoon for June at AOA. I selected The Little Mermaid section but I was curious to know if standard rooms exist in sections closer to the bus pick-up like Lion King? I know the price difference is quite different but we may splurge and just select a closer section, just wanted to field some thoughts. Thanks in advance!

lilclerk

Hey guys, my fiancee and I just recently booked our honeymoon for June at AOA. I selected The Little Mermaid section but I was curious to know if standard rooms exist in sections closer to the bus pick-up like Lion King? I know the price difference is quite different but we may splurge and just select a closer section, just wanted to field some thoughts. Thanks in advance!
This map may help:

Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort_Full_15611.jpg

http://cdn.wdwmagic.com/imgstore/El...isneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort_Full_15611.jpg

The Little Mermaid rooms are buildings 7, 8 and 9 to the left, so it's a bit of a walk to the main building and bus stops. Those are all the standard rooms, the rest of the buildings are suites.

PHS79

On our Feb 2013 trip stayed in one of the Lion King suites in building 10, for us it worked out great! We had 5 people, my DD, DW, myself and then also my parents. My DD wanted to sleep with grandma so they took the sofa bed, my dad slept on the murphy bed table, so my DW and I got the "master" bedroom.

We are going back again in Feb 2015, part of the trip it is going to be just 3 of us (me, DD, DW), but for another part my parents are going to join us since they will be wintering in FL. So while my parents are with us we will be getting a suite again at AoA, we are thinking Nemo this time around. When is just the 3 of us we will probably stay at a different resort just for a change.

Mike K

Thanks for the heads up, guys! I think we're just going to stay put since the price difference would be an extra $1500 to change anyways. I think we'll be fine. When we stayed at All-Star Movies we stayed in The Love Bug section which was a little bit of a walk so I think we'll manage with the Little Mermaid.

Dwarful

We loved our stay in the Cars Suites. We enjoyed both the Nemo pool and the Cars pool. The girls loved pulling down the table bed and having Mater snoring along above them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom