Arrrrr, New Cookies

tink rules

Oh cool!!! And if you look below they still have the bottles of tart candy's that I brought back for my nephew last time!!!

(this time I'm taking a bottle with ME!!!)

Rayray

Ooooh. Are those the tea cake cookies from MK? Last time I was there I ate a Nemo character tea cake. It was extremely good.:slurp:

Adreamisawish

Hy-Vee Grocery Stores in the midwest sell these cookies.

They had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy ones at Christmas as well as the characters from Cars. I'm sure I've seen the Pirates ones there as well. All packages are marked 'Disney' so they can't be confused with the ones from the store bakery.

I've never bought any. Hy-Vee charges almost $4 per cookie. Not worth it in my opinion, however, if I was eating one in WDW it might be another matter.

Unplugged

Speaking of cookies....

As an FYI, we love the "Selma's" cookies at DTD as well. Some are available throughout WDW but limited locations. I attempted to mail order some for my wife in between our vacations (1 year is too long when you start thinking of the cookies). But Disney does not ship food items. Needless to say, this was some years ago, so timing is indeed everything as shortly there after, Selma's (the maker of the specialty cookies like Carrot Cake, Chocolate Chunk, etc) opened their web site.

http://www.selmas.com/

The cookies at WDW (not all, just these types & the Rice Crispy Treats) are made by Selmas. Most of the cookies are not the identical recipe as the Slmas site. That is, the cookies for WDW are "plus'ed" as Walt would say. Example: The oatmeal raisin are just that at WDW, but Selma's adds nuts'n'stuff. Some of the chocolate chip are more elaborate at WDW.

I've ordered both cookies and (for those who know what I refer to) Rice Crispy Sandals. I thought I wouldn't crave the WDW cookies anymore, but I was wrong. We gobbled the Selma's and talked the whole time about our next trip. It's a great way to suprise someone who misses WDW and cookies at the same time!

Hope this helps! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom