Arriving on New Year's Eve - What to do?

Gravydeen

We will arrive late afternoon on New Year's Eve. We have reservations at Chef Mickey's. Is there any way we could get into any of the parks? I assume they will all be at capacity and locked down. Am I right?

lilclerk

Well I'm not sure if there are signs at the Contemporary's monorail stop, but I know at the TTC if Epcot or the MK happen to be closed, there are signs up. If you're staying on property, you'll be allowed in til they can't let anyone else in.
I know I sure as heck wouldn't want to be in the parks that night, but if you do it's definitely worth a shot!

Upvote 0

krankenstein

You can always give it a shot. On the 4th of July we didn't have a problem going into MK around 6. You might get lucky.

Worse case scenario, you can always go to the Poly and watch MK NYE fireworks from the beach.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

We did Epcot and it was packed, but the fireworks were excellent.
We went to Yacht'sman Steakhouse at Yacht Club, back to the hotel to freshen up and then out to Epcot to watch the fireworks.

Upvote 0

micknut

we went last year at new years and it was the most people ive ever seen there at one time we were back at dumbo and when the fire works went off my daughter got a spark from the fire works in her eye the paramedics came and washed her eye out and she received a pooh bear from one of the cast members:p

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

In 2006 we just got in to MK on new years eve but went straight back out, we went to MGM or DHS as it is called now and had a great night there. There was a live band on and at Midnight we took in the Christmas Light Show and there was a fireworks show for 30mins. We also got to ride some of the attractions later. That would be my choice again.

Upvote 0

drp4video

We too always go to MGM, oops, DHS, as we find there is so much to do there. THe band, the rides, the Osbourne Lights, the rides, great food, and the fireworks right before midnight. Because there is so much to do, the guests are all spread out and its doesn't feel THAT crowded.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I agree with MGM/DHS! It's great and the fireworks are fantastic. Epcot is wonderful too, but you have to get there early and it can be very very very busy.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Is there any way we could get into any of the parks? I assume they will all be at capacity and locked down. Am I right?

Guests will be allowed in until park capacity is reached - after that, guests are only allowed in as others leave. On New Years Eve (arriving at MK early evening after your meal) I'm afraid it may well be a case of don't go with high expectations :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom