Arriving at around 8:00 PM on Sunday, July 21st. (Any suggestions?)

darthhaider

Hey there!

Well, found out that our flight time has changed, and my family will be arriving a bit later than we had planned.

I see that MK has the Extra Magic Hours that night.

I would assume that by the time we get to the park, all of the fast passes (if they still exist) will be gone.

Anything you could suggest that my family and I should try to take in that night?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
8p is when you arrive at the airport, and then have to take Magical Express, or is 8p when you arrive at the hotel?

That would make a difference. Still, you can get into EM hours at MK with plenty of time (since they are 1a Magic Hours), but I'm not sure you'd want to burn a Park Entrance for that?

You won't have much need for fastpasses for EM hours, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to get them. But, they do shut down a lot of the rides for EM hours, you should still be able to get a few rides done, like Space and Splash without any worries. Especially after midnight.

One note, if you do pull a late nighter...1 am isn't when the Park closes, in my experience with EM. 1 am is when they will stop allowing new guests to enter the line. So, use that to your advantage! Plus, the late night walk out of the park is a fantastic photo op. The park will be largely deserted, most likely.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Hey there!

Well, found out that our flight time has changed, and my family will be arriving a bit later than we had planned.

I see that MK has the Extra Magic Hours that night.

I would assume that by the time we get to the park, all of the fast passes (if they still exist) will be gone.

Anything you could suggest that my family and I should try to take in that night?

There are many things to consider here. You are scheduled to arrive at 8pm, doesn't mean you will, you could be delayed by the daily storms that can roll through the area. Then there is getting from the airport to your resort, checked in(barring any issues you may face at check in), to your room, then finally back out to transportation to get to the park. Does your family do well travelling? 8pm can be the end of a long day of flying, depending on where you're coming from. If you cross time zones, there's possible jet lag.

Finally, is it worth it to you to burn a whole day of a parkhopper for a few hours one night? IMHO, I would take that time to decompress from your travels and go to DTD. Do a little shopping and whatnot, relax and get ready to start fresh the next day.

By the time you and your family finally get into your resort, you may not want to head out, but if you're still up for it, I'm sure others will have ideas.

Upvote 0

darthhaider

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions. We are flying in from Fort Lauderdale, and are scheduled to arrive at 7:00. I guess factoring in travel time fom he airport, as well as time to check in might make 8:00 a little unrealistic.

We are only there unil Thursday morning, so as much time as we can get in the park, the better.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks for the suggestions. We are flying in from Fort Lauderdale, and are scheduled to arrive at 7:00. I guess factoring in travel time fom he airport, as well as time to check in might make 8:00 a little unrealistic.

We are only there unil Thursday morning, so as much time as we can get in the park, the better.

Flying into Ft. Lauderdale? Why not Orlando?

It's a good 3 - 4 hour drive from Lauderdale to Disneyworld. No way you'll be there by 8p coming from there.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Flying into Ft. Lauderdale? Why not Orlando?

It's a good 3 - 4 hour drive from Lauderdale to Disneyworld. No way you'll be there by 8p coming from there.

He's flying in from Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm wondering if he's connecting there or lives there. If he lives there, why not just drive? It'd be a ton cheaper.

Upvote 0

luv

If you're planning on rope drop the next morning, I'd just go to bed. If not...and the MK is open, you already got good advice. :)

Do the easy stuff without lines and get in line for Space (or whatever popular thing you want to ride) just before closing.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Id have a late night by the pool, take a walk on the Boardwalk or enjoy DTD. However, if time in the parks is the most important to you, you should go to MK but go again later in the week since many rides are closed during emh and so you can catch some parades. Don't rush your trip.. Take your time and enjoy it

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Not sure where you're staying, but if it were us, we'd check in and maybe head to DD or the Boardwalk for a bit (we usually have a rental car which makes this fast and easy), then get to bed at a reasonable hour to hit the Parks at rope drop the next morning.

Upvote 0

darthhaider

Original Poster
Thanks for all of your suggestions everyone.

Not sure if I will be able to keep my girls from going to the park.

Hey, what time are the MK fireworks?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom