Arriving After Midnight

ISUBob

Does anybody know...if you arrive after midnight, are you charged the full price for the room for the previous day? For example, your flight gets in at 12:30 a.m. on June 6 and you get to the resort at 1:30 a.m. or 2 a.m. You check into your room....are you paying for the overnight of June 5-6, or just the June 6 day and night?

RonAnnArbor

In any hotel, you pay for the night, no matter what time you arrive. If you arrive after midnight, you are still paying for that night. The charge is for the night through the checkout time. You can arrive three hours before checkout and if you checkin, you will still be charged for the entire night. Therefore, your answer is, YES, you will be charged for the night of June 5 into June 6.

Upvote 0

jesserin

RonAnnArbor said:
In any hotel, you pay for the night, no matter what time you arrive. If you arrive after midnight, you are still paying for that night. The charge is for the night through the checkout time. You can arrive three hours before checkout and if you checkin, you will still be charged for the entire night. Therefore, your answer is, YES, you will be charged for the night of June 5 into June 6.

Almost all of that is true except for the three hours before check out part - we've checked in many times early in the morning and not been charged for the previous night - if the hotel has the room available and it's not the middle of the night - you can usually check in on the new day clock...- midnight or even as late as 4 am however would still be considered the previous night.

Upvote 0

Nicole

Yes. If you reserved the room for the night they can't sell it to someone else. So even though you are only using the room for half the night it's still set aside for you.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

jesserin said:
excellant point - you have to cancel your reservations within 48 hours (and if it's a package - 45 days) to avoid paying for the room anyways!

To Clearify....

A room only reservation carries a 5 day cancellation policy.

Also, it is correct, all Disney resorts charge a single nightly rate, and this rate cannot be pro-rated based on arrival time. You are paying for use of the room from 3 pm (official check-in time) until 11 am (official check-out time.) If you arrive later then 3 pm, or leave earlier then 11 am, you are still charged for the full period from 3 pm - 11 am.

If you arrive earlier then 3 pm, you can pre-register as early as 7 am. If a room is availiable, you can occupy that room for no additional fee. Based on availibility, late check-out may also be approved by the front desk, however, it will be up to the Resort's discrestion on if you will be charged a late check-out fee.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

RonAnnArbor said:
You can arrive three hours before checkout and if you checkin, you will still be charged for the entire night.

I wasn't referring to Disney Resorts here -- I was referring to hotels in general.

Disney will let you check-in early on the DAY that you arrive for the NEXT night...not the night you arrive.

If you use the hotel room, you are "checked in". Disney will allow early ARRIVALS to check in for the following night - and will even allow you to leave your luggage and go enjoy the parks, then come back later and move into your room -- but if you use the room (i.e. arrive at 2 in the morning and then sleep in your room) you are checked-in, and you are charged for the full night.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We had a 12/25/04 arrival date at Yacht Club. We did not arrive until 12:36am on 12/27/04.

We had to keep the reservation b/c it gave us the AP discount, which still allowed us to save hundreds of dollars despite paying for an empty room for two additional nights. Big savings.

Upvote 0

mrneon606

If you arent going with any kids. I wouldnt check into until 7am the next morning and save the money on that June 5 night. By the time you get your luggage and rental car and then drive to disney it doesnt seem worth it. I would go to the Super Walmart near Disney, open 24 hrs, get any supplies I needed then crash for a couple of hours in my car and then check in right at 7am.

Upvote 0

Bimmy56

One thing to consider also is the lack of food at some resorts after midnight. last year we checked in to the AKL at 11:45, we had not eaten dinner, and NOTHING was available. Room service stopped at 12, and there were no machines of any kind. We were starved (had been on the plane, then waiting for the bus transportation) and had to go without anything to eat that night. It would have been a real problem if we had children with us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom