Arrival day dinner?

Tiredofwinter

Original Poster
Didn’t get my first choice for arrival day dinner when it came time to making reservations, abd I doubt I’ll catch any openings if any should pop up. Wondering how busy Disney springs is on Saturdays, if it would be worth going over there to eat, or just going to a different hotel. Was hoping to take it easy the first day as we have a very early flight.

Tiredofwinter

Original Poster
That’s what I was thinking about the springs. We are staying at AOA and will grab lunch there when we get there. I was hoping for beaches and cream since it’s right off the skyliner for dinner. All the early dinner spots were gone pretty much everywhere but I grabbed one for whispering canyon for now. I’m not sure if we’ll feel like hiking over there either. I just want to wing arrival day and go by how we’re feeling so I hate feeling like I need to hold a reservation just in case we want to go out somewhere else.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
That’s what I was thinking about the springs. We are staying at AOA and will grab lunch there when we get there. I was hoping for beaches and cream since it’s right off the skyliner for dinner. All the early dinner spots were gone pretty much everywhere but I grabbed one for whispering canyon for now. I’m not sure if we’ll feel like hiking over there either. I just want to wing arrival day and go by how we’re feeling so I hate feeling like I need to hold a reservation just in case we want to go out somewhere else.
Beaches and Cream is very hard to get in advance but last month we were able to get same day reservations, so there’s hope!

You also have the easy-travel low-stress options of quick service at Everything Pop! (Pop Century), Centertown (Caribbean Beach) and Primo Piatto (Riviera).

Whispering Canyon is one of my faves. Should you keep it, the pulled pork nachos are great!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
AOA to Wilderness Lodge, you're looking at more than an hour of travel time in each direction. I'd hit the pool, grab a burger or a salad at Landscape of Flavors, and go to bed early.

Chi84

Premium Member
Our first night dinner is almost always STK at Disney Springs. The Springs is a little crowded on Saturdays, but we've never had to wait more than a few minutes with a reservation. Just in case you're not aware: The good thing about Disney Springs restaurants is that you can book them on OpenTable, so there's no penalty for canceling. Also, the DS restaurants have many more reservation openings on OpenTable than what you will find if you look on MDE.

Tiredofwinter

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, everybody! Anyone have a favorite quick serve spot along the skyliner? They all look like they have similar items on their menus right now, for the most part.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Arguably, POP has the most diverse food court (you can walk there from AoA). You could always head over to Boardwalk and depending what is still there and may be open - that would be an option. Swolphin has a few good spots (some pricey).

Club Cooloholic

Thanks for the input, everybody! Anyone have a favorite quick serve spot along the skyliner? They all look like they have similar items on their menus right now, for the most part.
Are you traveling with kids or no? If not, a pool bar at one of the skyliner spots could be nice. Also consider the Italian place on the Boardwalk, I have seen some pretty decent reviews, or the Brew Pub.

Tiredofwinter

Original Poster
Are you traveling with kids or no? If not, a pool bar at one of the skyliner spots could be nice. Also consider the Italian place on the Boardwalk, I have seen some pretty decent reviews, or the Brew Pub.
Yeah, we’ll be there with kids. These sound like great ideas otherwise though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom