Around the World in A Few Hours 7-11-06

lcsrig

Thanks for taking the time to get some really nice pictures and share them with us. And thanks for the tip of hitting POTC during Spectro!

TomorrowlandTyler

Horizons1 said:
Wandless...

dsc024719iw.jpg
I see a star in the top left hand corner...:lookaroun

Boray

Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures! I've often thought of dedicating a day to "touring" the area resorts, they look so beautiful and serene. (I'd especially love to see them over the Christmas holidays - pictures anyone?!?!?) Thanks for helping me get my fix - 99 more days, baby!!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for the pics... looking forward t the updates today.

im surprised in the swan that on the ceiling above the escalators they have exposed pipes and air ducts...... but then again, im not really surprised.

casconi

Could someone please help me....I have been to the boardwalk and stayed there, however I was just wondering if all of those resorts are accessible from Epcot. If im not mistaken and remember correctly you can get to them by the back entrance near the world showcase...correct?....Someone please elaborate if the boardwalk, yacht and beach, and Swan and Dolphin are all accessible via Epcot....THANKS ALL~!

Horizons1

Original Poster
mikey said:
Crowds looked heavy in the fireworks at MK, which is to be expected, but I thought the empty EPCOT picture was interesting. Was it really that quiet, or was it just that picture?

It was just the picture. I was actually referring to the emptiness of the planters, now that the F&GF is over. Epcot crowds were average for a summers day.

Teenchy

Thanks for the pictures and update.

For those of you who havent taken the time to tour the resorts your missing a piece of the Disney Magic. They are all so beautiful, great theming, so detailed, good food, etc. If your a Hidden Mickey fan you have alot to look for at the resorts.

I was lucky that my first visit to WDW in 74' my family stayed at Poly. And ever since I have loved to visit each resort as they were built. I'm now a DVC Member so I have a smaller choice of resorts to stay in but we still make it a point to visit a couple other resorts everytime. How many great memories just from the resorts. Dinner at Ohana, a "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches & Cream Ice Cream shop at the Beach Club, Swimming at many of the great themed pools, viewing animals and learning about them from a cast member at AKL.

Take the time to visit the resorts...you wont be disapointed.

The resorts are a must see at Christmas time.

shoppingnut

casconi said:
Could someone please help me....I have been to the boardwalk and stayed there, however I was just wondering if all of those resorts are accessible from Epcot. If im not mistaken and remember correctly you can get to them by the back entrance near the world showcase...correct?....Someone please elaborate if the boardwalk, yacht and beach, and Swan and Dolphin are all accessible via Epcot....THANKS ALL~!

Yes they are via the back gate (International Gateway), it's a short walk.

Horizons1

Original Poster
casconi said:

Not much to elaborate on because you pretty much nailed it.

The Yacht and Beach Club, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and Disney's Boardwalk are all in the Epcot Resort Area which is right behind Epcot. Thus the resorts are all connected by a pathway to and from Epcot. You can also take a Friendship to from Epcot to them and vice versa. The Friendships route also includes the Disney-MGM Studios, which is pretty close to Epcot. You can also walk the path that connects all resorts, and take it to MGM.

Hope that helps.

diddy_mouse

Fabulous pics! One of my favorites was the nighttime shot of Space Mtn and Tommorrowland. A shot from the Contemporary I presume? I always enjoy touring the resorts. We had like 3 hours to kill for our Soarin fastpass one day and just walked around the Epcot resorts. Mmm....ice cream at Beaches and Cream...

Thanx for sharing the lovely, lovely shots! :wave:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
diddy_mouse said:
Fabulous pics! One of my favorites was the nighttime shot of Space Mtn and Tommorrowland. A shot from the Contemporary I presume? I always enjoy touring the resorts. We had like 3 hours to kill for our Soarin fastpass one day and just walked around the Epcot resorts. Mmm....ice cream at Beaches and Cream...

Thanx for sharing the lovely, lovely shots! :wave:

My guess was that picture was taken from the Swiss Family Treehouse, but I'm not sure. I know I've taken night pictures from up there and they look a lot like that. (Especially with the Crystal Palace in the foreground)

pacochran

Thanks for the picture's they were great. Especially like the Beach Club, as we are DVC members and that's our base. Though this year we are venturing out and when we go at the end of November :)cry: to long a wait), we will be staying at the AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom