Armchair Imagineering, May The Fourth Edition

toasty

Original Poster
Thought I'd throw this out there for the creative minds on this forum: you are starting a brand new theme park from scratch, based entirely upon Star Wars. Set aside the question of whether it should or will ever happen, and just assume that it is coming down the pike. How would you set it up, and what sort of attractions would you have?

To start things off, I'd follow the classic MK, hub and spoke model. In lieu of Main Street, you'd enter through Empire-controlled Coruscant, although unlike MSUSA, it would be fully enclosed instead of open air, so it could be appropriately dark. You'd make your way towards Spaceship Ear -- err, the Death Star -- as the central icon of the park. The Death Star would house a dark ride covering the Star Wars universe as a whole.

From there, you’d have lands themed after the more iconic locations that split off from the central hub, along with a few ideas for things you might find there:

Endor (Adventureland)
  • Speeder Bike E-ticket
  • Treetop Village (kids playground)
  • Ewok Elevated swings

Dagobah (Frontierland)
  • Jedi Training Grounds (a HPatFJ-type attraction, confronting and defeating several increasingly menacing villains)
  • Seems like a great place for a veggie-centric restaurant
  • Yoda’s Cave (kids playground)
  • Boat ride of some sort, because boat ride

Bespin (Liberty Square/Tom Sawyer’s Island)
  • Soarin’ Over Bespin
  • Boba Fett Launch (Tower of Terror-esque ride, except featuring a blast up rather than a drop down)
  • Signature Dining at Lando’s (Colt 45 available upon request)
  • Hyperspace Hoopla show

Tatooine (probably where Fantasyland is)
  • Podracer Dueling coaster
  • TS Dining at Jabba’s Palace
  • Grab a cocktail at Mos Eisley’s (obvs)
Hoth (Tomorrowland)
  • AT-AT Attack (Think Gringott’s-meets-TSMM)
  • Snowspeeder spinner
  • Wampa Frozen Treats
Anyway, there's a starting point. What do you all think? What would your version look like?

Last edited:

toasty

Original Poster
Thanks to whomever moved this to this forum, didn't realize there was a forum for this sort of thing.

rockergonecrazy

I like alot of these ideas (especially lando's) but I was curious if you were planning to leave room for other planets, such as anything from the new movies...
And I also thought itd be great to have a few dark rides (a Disney staple) but I couldn't come up with any good ideas for that.. Maybe your Jedi training grounds could become a Jedi training dark ride type thing? Idk

toasty

Original Poster
I like alot of these ideas (especially lando's) but I was curious if you were planning to leave room for other planets, such as anything from the new movies...
And I also thought itd be great to have a few dark rides (a Disney staple) but I couldn't come up with any good ideas for that.. Maybe your Jedi training grounds could become a Jedi training dark ride type thing? Idk

I thought about that, but I have a gut feeling -- and this is just that, a gut feeling -- that the new movies will be set in a lot of these old locations. I know JJ Abrams has made a conscious decision to pay respect to the original trilogy wherever possible, and using familiar locations is an easy way to do that. That was what drove the choices I made, but I'm certainly not averse to making room for the new as well!

As for the dark ride thing, I totally agree, I just couldn't come up with any good ideas, either. This was not intended to be exhaustive, though, just some ideas as a springboard for discussion. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom