Aristocrepes "Closed"

RyMickey

Original Poster
Please forgive if this is posted somewhere, but I didn't see anything on the main page and a quick search didn't yield anything either. After Amorette's reduction of hours earlier this week, Aristocrepes is, for all intents and purposes, closed. The kiosk is no longer selling crepes and is simply selling drinks and pre-made snacks. Per another site, I've read that crepes are now being served at Amorette's.

Frankly, I couldn't even find Aristocrepes in my first three trips to Disney Springs this week. Only on my last evening tonight when I walked the bridge from the Lego Store to Rainforest Cafe did I actually see where Aristocrepes was. Its location was NOT GOOD. I don't know that it's a fault of the product so much as NOTHING was going to work well there. It's just not a well-trafficked location.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Well that is sad.

Hubby and I loved Disney Springs so much. We want it to be a huge booming success. Sadly it sounds like we have our first casualty.

I don't even recall seeing Aristocrepes during any of our three visits to DS last month. They must have been well hidden.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Aristocrepes and BB Wolf and the other huts are the Disney Springs version of park food carts. It's no big thing if one closes or is changed (or in the case of Aristocrepes, being reduced in speciality and times until business picks up). As crowds swell and diminish seasonally, the need for the extra food services will adjust.

Be on the lookout for the big restaurants if they suffer. With all the deals and promotions, it's obvious they're struggling a bit. Also, STK is faltering since there doesn't seem to be much of a market for rich childless hipsters who love steak in the area, so, they're retooling.

Adding so many new restaurants and shops in the span of a few months may not have been the most wise decision. Unlike the meme, if you build it, they won't necessarily come. It's going to take a while to get locals and visitors to prioritize DS as a destination for fine dining other than Epcot or Animal Kingdom Lodge or the monorail restaurants.

Ransom

So, the new paradigm is: "Disney opened something new? Well, ya better get there soon, 'cause it'll be headin' down-hill before ya know it!"

Bolt

Seriously! How do you have a place with "crepe" in the name and not sell crepes?
When I walked by a few days ago, the signage was already off the building. I remember being really excited for this place, but with all of the options, I never chose a crepe, not sure why not.

Cmdr_Crimson

'Aristofood'?

Too Easy...AristoSnacks......;)
tumblr_mnmfnthOA11qg9mlno1_400.gif

Dizknee_Phreek

When I walked by a few days ago, the signage was already off the building. I remember being really excited for this place, but with all of the options, I never chose a crepe, not sure why not.
They certainly don't waste any time, do they? It was so insanely hot while we were there (Labor Day weekend) we weren't in the mood for much food. And it seemed like most places there are either outdoor food kiosks, where we would have had to sit out in the heat to eat, or table service...and we were way too hot to eat a big meal. I wish they had more options that are in between. We ended up going for ice cream at Ghirardelli. Which, of course, we had to eat outside because EVERYONE was eating ice cream. It seems odd to me that I used to LOVE Downtown Disney and it was a must do every trip. But I couldn't wait to leave Disney Springs. The Marketplace side was still enjoyable, but that was about it.

trampdog

Aristocrepes and BB Wolf and the other huts are the Disney Springs version of park food carts. It's no big thing if one closes or is changed (or in the case of Aristocrepes, being reduced in speciality and times until business picks up). As crowds swell and diminish seasonally, the need for the extra food services will adjust.

Be on the lookout for the big restaurants if they suffer. With all the deals and promotions, it's obvious they're struggling a bit. Also, STK is faltering since there doesn't seem to be much of a market for rich childless hipsters who love steak in the area, so, they're retooling.

Adding so many new restaurants and shops in the span of a few months may not have been the most wise decision. Unlike the meme, if you build it, they won't necessarily come. It's going to take a while to get locals and visitors to prioritize DS as a destination for fine dining other than Epcot or Animal Kingdom Lodge or the monorail restaurants.

But... But... But... WDWMAGIC said in another post for which I was lambasted by said and several others, that DS was doing just fine. Hmmm... Me thinks people just make things up.

Dizknee_Phreek

If you actually believe what they sell is pizza, then you are delusional.
Aww :-( The husband and I love Blaze Pizza! We didn't go to the one in DS because we can go to others in other cities.

But in the topic of pizza at Disney, I REALLY miss the pizza they served at Pasta Piazza...before the Mickey shaped pizza. I hated the Mickey shaped ones. :-(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom